(Topic ID: 251545)

Capt. Playfield quit scoring

By iamdrunker

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

After (resized).jpg
    Before (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

Hello All, My Capt. Fantastic that I've been working on no longer does anything on the playfield, I mean nothing, Except, If I run through all the drop targets they will reset. All the lights work but that's it. Credit button, Chimes and Flippers do nothing either. It was working great, I noticed that the out hole was starting to do weird things, It would not eject the ball unless I depressed a rollover button. That's what I was looking into when it just quit. I have manually worked all the relays over and over I'm a little lost. If I finger the score reel relays the chimes will chime. It seems like it something easy that I'm just missing. Fuses are good.
    Any thoughts?

#2 4 years ago

A little update. If I manually add bonus the eject coil will energize if I close eject switch.

#3 4 years ago

If the Credit Button doesn't energize the Credit relay, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
    starting with the indicated switch on the Delay relay.
    http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
    http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #4 4 years ago
    Quoted from HowardR:

If the Credit Button doesn't energize the Credit relay, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
    starting with the indicated switch on the Delay relay.
    http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
    http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features[quoted image]

Thanks for the input, I'll try it this morning.

#5 4 years ago

Have you checked your Jones plug connections

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Have you checked your Jones plug connections

I did. First thing I checked. I cant seem to get the jumpers to do much, But I'm sure that's my fault, I want to keep practicing using jumpers as I know it is a good tool.( Ill get it Howard) This machine had someone just !@#$ up the coin door wiring to make it free play. Its a mess. But it was working. When toggling on the machine the only relay that kicks on is the lock relay. That's fine I think, Credit button does nothing. When I manually move the credit relay the game fully cycles like it's going to play but nothing happens on the playfield, Just lights only.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from iamdrunker:

I cant seem to get the jumpers to do much

What did you try?
    Did you read the article links I sent?
    Did they make sense?
    Did you try jumpering across the switch I indicated in post 3?

#8 4 years ago

Ill try it again when I get home, Damn, I have to go to work. I really want to work on this. Maybe be home by noon.
    Thanks Howard.

#9 4 years ago

There are a few circuits that are used to reset the machine:

The first circuit is the one that includes the start button switch and the credit relay. HowardR showed on the highlighted schematic diagram how power gets to the credit relay coil using eight switches. Seven of these switches would have to be closed when the game was powered on. And when the credit button was pushed (with 1 or more credits on the credit reel), power would be sent the credit relay coil and it would energize. So, one of those seven switches must be open or dirty/mis-adjusted, and this prevents power from getting to the credit relay coil.

The second circuit includes the reset relay and a credit relay switch. So, if you simulate pushing the credit button by manually pushing in the credit relay, this would close a credit relay switch and send power to the reset relay coil. Two other connections/switches in this circuit are the 1st coin chute adjustment plug and the game over relay switch.

Is the first coin chute adjustment set to 1 play or 2 plays?
    What happens when you manually press the reset relay?
    Is the game over relay switch with the orange/red and orange/brown wire open or closed when the machine is powered on?

#10 4 years ago

GOT IT!
    It was the reset relay. Someone has dumped 2 gallons of WD everywhere and I thought I cleaned it off but I still need to do more. You really need to make sure they are clean and adjusted. Thank you guys, Sorry if I wasted your time, I'm still learning.
    A before and after photo.

Before (resized).jpgBefore (resized).jpgAfter (resized).jpgAfter (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capt-playfield-quit-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.