• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CF ball count 2 (resized).jpg
CF ball count (resized).jpg
CF player up (resized).jpg
CF coin unit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doot77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Ok, so like it says in the title my CF won’t allow 2+ player games and I’m looking for advice on what to check as I’m a bit lost on EM repair. I also don’t have a schematic and honestly am not very familiar on reading them in the first place.

A few things I’ve checked and find odd that may help in pinpointing the issue. The Coin unit won’t advance to add 2,3 etc players. If I manually adjust the Coin Unit for a 2 player game, the game won’t advance the ball count unit, it will go through all 4 players on ball 1 (even though a 2 player game was started) and never advance to ball 2. If you play a single player game the ball count unit advances as it should. Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

#2 6 years ago

Bump for the night crowd.

#4 6 years ago

MarkG you were right on with the reset relay, a clean and adjust and I’m now able to add players 2, 3 & 4. However what I had assumed was all 1 problem is apparently 2 issues. The game still will play through all 4 players even if only a 2 player game is started. It actually gives player 4, 2 balls before advancing to the next ball in play and starting back with player 1. 1 player games advance through balls correctly.

#6 6 years ago

Ok so from what I can see the ball count unit is never energized until you’ve played thru 5 balls( 1 for each player and 2 for player 4). Coin unit then activates and the player reset relay gets powered and it moves to ball 2.

The player up unit activates after each ball, player 1-4 even if only a 2 player game is started. The exception of a single player game where all functions work correctly.

#8 6 years ago

Coin Unit seems to check out good, doesn’t have rivets, it’s a circuit board style. No resistance on 2 & 3 player settings and jumping org-wht and wht-Brn still has same symptoms. What should I be looking at on Player up unit?

#10 6 years ago

Ok MarkG we have success, I tested gray-red wire to white-brn set on 2 player and also to white-yellow for 3 player and had no connection so after looking around I found the wiper arm was a little loose and could get a beep if I pushed it with my finger a bit. So I removed the wiper arm assembly and adjusted that arm and now it correctly plays 2, 3 player games with correct amount of balls etc.

I really appreciate the help, I definitely couldn’t have done it without your help. I really need to learn how to read those old schematics some day. Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doot77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capt-fantastic-won%e2%80%99t-start-multiplayer-games?tu=doot77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.