(Topic ID: 302206)

Capt Fantastic, stuck pop bumper, now is game frozen...

By Bandit78

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Bandit78
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CF - Motor Board (resized).JPG
#1 2 years ago

During play, one of the pop bumper skirts stuck in the down position due to the playfield protector I have installed, I noticed it when the ball drained and the ball count didn't cycle to number 3. I've replaced the the burnt out pop bumper coil and all the coils/relays in the bottom of the cabinet can close and open, none burnt up, including the Game over interlock relay in the cab. After the fix and powering on, the machine is stuck on ball 2, even when I manually change the setting for Game Over interlock relay. Is the coil/relay I'm looking for in the backbox? Where should I look? About a third of the relays in the bottom of the cab are not labeled so I don't know which one is the ball over switch/relay.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Bandit78:

During play, one of the pop bumper skirts stuck in the down position due to the playfield protector I have installed, I noticed it when the ball drained and the ball count didn't cycle to number 3. I've replaced the the burnt out pop bumper coil and all the coils/relays in the bottom of the cabinet can close and open, none burnt up, including the Game over interlock relay in the cab. After the fix and powering on, the machine is stuck on ball 2, even when I manually change the setting for Game Over interlock relay. Is the coil/relay I'm looking for in the backbox? Where should I look? About a third of the relays in the bottom of the cab are not labeled so I don't know which one is the ball over switch/relay.

Found this, may help.

CF - Motor Board (resized).JPGCF - Motor Board (resized).JPG
#3 2 years ago

Ball in play relay is in the back box, from memory. Would have to pull mine out and have a look.

#4 2 years ago

Fixed.....blown fuse was prime suspect....replace the fuse, the machine reset and was able to start game....as soon as the ball hits the pop bumper that had burned up...same problem......I examined the pop bumper mech I had re-installed after putting a new coil in and noticed that I had re-installed the bumper in a way that had one of the leaf switch blades stuck on the wrong side of the bakelite yoke keeping the circuit active...adjusted the blade on the correct side of the bakelite and the machine is back to 100%. Thanks for all the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capt-fantastic-stuck-pop-bumper-now-is-game-frozen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.