4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jrkitty
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capt Fantastic right flipper (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

the bottom right flipper on my Capt Fan was very weak and would barely move, and the upper right would rapid fire. I replaced the EOS switch and coil on the bottom right, and the EOS switch on the upper right.

Now the bottom right flipper works perfect, but the top flipper fire until it reaches the end of its stroke and returns to start point. If you hold the flipper button in, the bottom right will stay up, but the upper right will not as it only fires for a second then quits.

I am not an electro tech by any means so I need your help as this is driving me crazy. I took photos of the wiring before I touched it, and I am pretty sure it is correct still, but perhaps I got a wire wrong.

#2 4 years ago

The wire color could have been wrong even before you touched it. I don't own that game but I would check the schematic for proper wire colors or maybe someone will take a photo for you. Also check your cabinet flipper button contacts to make sure they are clean and adjusted properly. Double check your gaping on both the cab contacts and the flipper mech contacts.

#3 4 years ago

I do not have schematic for this game, but I did clean the cabinet flipper buttons.
    perhaps someone can post a close up photo of the right side bottom flipper wiring and EOS wiring, also top right EOS wiring

#4 4 years ago

Capt. Fantastic apparently uses a pair of EOS switches on the bottom flippers so that the top right flipper only fires once the bottom right flipper has reached its end of stroke. One is normally open and the other is normally closed. Carefully check your wiring against this schematic:
    Capt Fantastic right flipper (resized).jpgCapt Fantastic right flipper (resized).jpg
    The full schematic is available on ipdb.org.

/Mark

#5 4 years ago

FIXED, thanks for the help

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capt-fantastic-flipper-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.