Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pin-it
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 11 years ago

When I hit the last target, they pop back up again but reset the game. When it resets the game it will reset with either two, three, or four players.
I dont know where to start on this.
Thanks

#2 11 years ago

Start or Coin relay hold in contacts too close. The shock of the drop targets resetting triggering it. But, verify by clipping the wire from the drop Target reset coil or blocking the contact on the drop Target reset relay.

#3 11 years ago

Since this is my first EM game I'm not quite sure where the start or coin relay contacts are. What do you mean by clipping the wire? And by blocking the contact on the drop target relay, just use a piece of tape or something?
Thanks for replying. I read your story and that was really so cool to read.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks Pin-it. I'll give that a try and when I get to work copy a manual to have.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from zooman:

Thanks Pin-it. I'll give that a try and when I get to work copy a manual to have.

Do not know if you have seen this >>> http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm <<<
Excellent source for Info!

#8 11 years ago

Yeah, I saw that and didn't see anything broke. I had a long spring on the Harlem game that I am refurbing that I took off the drop target assembly and put it on the Capt drop target assembly thinking that may be the problem, but that just caused the drop targets to stay down after the last one was hit. I'll have to read up more on the other links you provided and give them a try.

#9 11 years ago

The reset bank is triggering a relay I agree.

-jeff

#10 11 years ago

Try this unplug the jones plug for the playfield then reset the game. ( thus eliminating the drop target assembly)

After the reset slap the sides of the cabinet to see if the symptoms arise ( it may trigger a tilt ,just reset it) form the vibration and if it`s the same result , you now know the relays are outta whack.

Small pieces of paper between the contacts of the relay in question will tell you if you got the correct one (be careful not to distort them though)by Isolating it from the vibration.

Trial and error.

What`s the result?

1 week later
#11 11 years ago

Sorry I haven't had a chance to address any of the ideas you guys have presented me. I have been working a bunch of overtime the last week and will be doing so until we leave for Vegas next week. I promise to give an update when I get back and have some time off work to check the game out.
Thanks for all the tips.

#12 11 years ago

I had a few minutes after I got home from work and I pulled the Jones plug on the play field and pushed it back in. The drop targets work now and quit the recycling and adding the 4 players. When all 4 are down the red lite special comes on but only one target comes up. When I hit it, it resets and a different single target comes up. Would that be normal or if the same ball is in play should all 4 targets come back up ?
Most of the Jones plugs on the play field and the head are not grabbing well. The game wouldn't start a new game after I played a few and I jiggled one of the ones in the head and the game was playable again. Any info on how to get them to "grab" better?
Thanks for all of the ideas and patience with me.
I am learning a lot!!!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from zooman:

I had a few minutes after I got home from work and I pulled the Jones plug on the play field and pushed it back in. The drop targets work now and quit the recycling and adding the 4 players. When all 4 are down the red lite special comes on but only one target comes up. When I hit it, it resets and a different single target comes up. Would that be normal or if the same ball is in play should all 4 targets come back up ?Most of the Jones plugs on the play field and the head are not grabbing well. The game wouldn't start a new game after I played a few and I jiggled one of the ones in the head and the game was playable again. Any info on how to get them to "grab" better?Thanks for all of the ideas and patience with me.I am learning a lot!!!

Unplug game from outlet. Remove Jones plugs. Squeeze the sides of both rows of the sockets towards each other. If no room to get at the center set, unscrew it and you should be ok. Reinstall it and connect everything and plug in to test.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Unplug game from outlet. Remove Jones plugs. Squeeze the sides of both rows of the sockets towards each other. If no room to get at the center set, unscrew it and you should be ok. Reinstall it and connect everything and plug in to test.

Plus a little sanding or hand wire brushing the pins would help too, just be easy on the female part do not crush them ,if you have vice grips and you adjust them to limit the jaws ability to close just enough then that would be the ticket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capt-fantastic-drop-target-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.