4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinPilot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

blystep2b (resized).jpg
    Tilt (resized).jpg
    Stepper 2 (resized).jpg
    Stepper 1 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Hello all, Cleaning all the WD-40 out of this machine and the coin stepper has been work on and seems a bit strange to me, when I manually step through it, None of the 2 pins, One being the brass one they added, are long enough to hit the stop behind the stepper itself just behind the switch. Is it supposed too? A photo would sure be helpful. How did the homeowner work on these in the 70's without this website? Had to be tough.
    Thanks again.
    Get ready Florida! Here it comes!

Stepper 1 (resized).jpgStepper 1 (resized).jpgStepper 2 (resized).jpgStepper 2 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

BTW, There is so much WD its jumps across the switches,

Tilt (resized).jpgTilt (resized).jpg
    #3 4 years ago

The leaf switches are in the correct location in your first photo, and will open and close as the unit steps and resets. Posts look to be standard. Are you able to realign the leaf switches and move closer to the wheel?

Heres a pic of a similar bally coin unit.

blystep2b (resized).jpgblystep2b (resized).jpg
    #4 4 years ago

Great, Thank you for taking time for that.

#5 4 years ago

Yep, WD40 is the bane of anyone working on an old pinball machine. I've seen it where it looked like a brown glue over everything because it had dried up.

The manufacturers used to sell a special lubricant for stepper units, but the closest you can get now is a product sold by Steve at Pinball resource.

I'll hit it with brake cleaner to knock off the dried up crud, then hit it again with a good lubricant.

Everyone has their personal favorite stepper lube, but I like to use electronic tuner cleaner/lube (comes in a small spray can), or any clear teflon-based lubricant.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capt-fantastic-coin-stepper?hl=pinpilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.