• Latest reply 6 months ago by fb_rider
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNG

#1 7 months ago

Everything works well on my Capt Fantastic with one exception. The B light (right above the bonus lights) sometimes works and sometimes does not. The green double bonus light has the same issue. I know that both bulbs and sockets are not the issue, as I've jumpered 6.5v to each connection and they work fine.

This has been coming on gradually, but at this point here is what happens...
The ball goes through the far right lane and lights the B. Most times, when the ball goes through the the left lane, the A lights up but the B goes out. Sometimes, the A and B, plus the green double bonus light up as they should, but eventually during play the green double bonus and B lights go out. The A stays on like it should.

Hopefully this makes sense. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

#2 7 months ago

It's likely that the make/break sw. on the B relay needs cleaning/adjustment.

Capture (resized).PNG
#3 7 months ago

Great information, thank you!

So, can you tell me which relay is the make/break B relay?

Is there a layout of the relays somewhere that I can see? I would like to get in and label each relay since many of the labels are gone or unreadable.

Thanks!

#4 7 months ago
Quoted from fb_rider:

So, can you tell me which relay is the make/break B relay?

It may be under the playfield or in the bottom of the cabinet. Look for coil # G-32-2500, then confirm by wire colors. The top sw. in the pic is a make/break sw. It should look like when it is not energized, but when you push the plastic actuator the middle blade should be making solid contact with the one below it and not touching the upper. A great reference: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#clean

Capture (resized).PNG

#5 7 months ago
Quoted from fb_rider:

I would like to get in and label each relay since many of the labels are gone or unreadable.

A great idea! The manual-available on IPDB if you don't have one-gives coil numbers and then you can confirm which is which by using wire colors on the schematic. A bit tedious, but not really hard.

1 week later
#6 6 months ago

Finally found the correct relay and switch. Cleaned and adjusted and works great now - thank you!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside