8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by zooman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 8 years ago

I am having some issues. When I turn the game on, i go to actuate the coin switch manually and nothing happens until i reach in and put some pressure on the score motor( the contact switches closest to the coin door) the game resets and puts the ball into the ball lane. i play that ball and when it goes into the ball drain, i have to reach in and put pressure on that first contact again to get the bonus to score, etc and kick the second ball into the shooter lane. i have to do this for all the balls tim the 3 or 5 balls are played. can't figure out what I'm missing here.

#2 8 years ago

Hi zooman
I believe You have two faults - but Your action (Switchstack-1) is a work-around for both.

Lets first look at "You loose a a ball" - (bonus counted down ?) -> The Outhole-Relay pulls (do You see Your Outhole-Relay pulling ?) Score-Motor does run -> ball is kicked out.
With Your action You start the Score-Motor turning -> the rest off the steps can take place.
I assume Your Outhole-Relay is pulling - but a switch mounted on it "faulty" not making contact.

Look in the ipdb.org-schema at E-11/-12, F-11/12 (its just between E and F - between 11 and 12) -> the Score-Motor -> nearby a "Make-and-Brake Switch on Outhole-Relay" - the relay should pull and throw the switch: Current can flow to the Score-Motor -> it starts running.
In Your pin it should - but does not start running -
You activate Switchstack-1 and throw the "Make-and-Brake-Switch-1E on Score-Motor" (see it in the schema at C-10 ?) and through here current can flow to the Score-Motor to start turning.

You solve "Your starting problem" also with activating this switch.

The "written above" is GUESSING - please write how much You push onto Switch-Stack-1. Do you push onto the bakelite plates (did You tighten the holding screws ?) ? Do You push onto the outer end of the top blade ? - do You activate the switch-stack ? (I believe: You cannot activate - the nylon wheel hinders) - What exactly are You doing ?

Can You manually put some credits on the Replay-Counter and start a game by pushing the Replay-Button (and report about the things happen) -
The schema is complicated in "Coin chutes and Coin-Relays and wiring and different settings" - trying to start a game by pushing the Replay-Button is much easyer to look up in the schema.
Greetings Rolf

#3 8 years ago

bally runs its score motor circuit thru the coin door switches using the C common and the NC normally closed connections. if any of the wires are off or the switches went bad , or if the coin switch trip wires are not in their home positions this problem will show up.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the replies. on top of the switch stacks are two steel holders( the same size as the bakelite dividers that help divide the contact switches). I was looking through the coin door as I was pressing down on the contacts. A friend on FB suggested looking at the 4th contact.As i was looking at that i noticed the top contact switch wasn't opening when the stack hit the notch on the wheel. i raised the play field and noticed the two steel holders were screwed down in the same position (in the concave position) and the other 10 stacks had the bottom steel holder in the concave position and the top holder was in the convex position. When i corrected them like the other stacks, the game started working correctly. hope that makes sense.

#5 8 years ago

Hi zooman
pinwiki.com writes about switch stacks: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair -> down to 6.3.1 Adjusting switch stacks -> http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Adjusting_Switch_Gaps
(((everything in pinwiki is worth reading)))
Also pinrepair: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#clean ((()))

If Your pin runs good - please mark the topic as "solved". Greetings Rolf

#6 8 years ago

Thanks for the links Rolf. i'll be sure to use them a lot more in the future.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capt-fantastic-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.