(Topic ID: 252847)

Capt. Coin switch

By iamdrunker

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

37D8A391-34A4-4716-A8E4-3084F901FF79 (resized).jpeg
    6B5D02EC-81AB-48AF-94D8-FD357E4A6E23 (resized).jpeg
    Coin switch (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Hello all, This coin switch on my Capt. Fantastic was a mess when I got it. Studied the schematic and thought I fixed it but still not working correctly. Could someone please post a photo of this switch wiring?
    Thank you.

Coin switch (resized).jpgCoin switch (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Switch (front to back). Three connections....white, blue-white, red-white. Two Yellow wires dead end...not connected. Don’t know what they connect to...my coin unit doesn’t operate.

Karl

37D8A391-34A4-4716-A8E4-3084F901FF79 (resized).jpeg37D8A391-34A4-4716-A8E4-3084F901FF79 (resized).jpeg6B5D02EC-81AB-48AF-94D8-FD357E4A6E23 (resized).jpeg6B5D02EC-81AB-48AF-94D8-FD357E4A6E23 (resized).jpeg
    #3 4 years ago
    Quoted from DrDre:

Switch (front to back). Three connections....white, blue-white, red-white. Two Yellow wires dead end...not connected. Don’t know what they connect to...my coin unit doesn’t operate.
    Karl[quoted image][quoted image]

Karl, Will your coin switch give you a credit if you manually close the switch?
    Thanks for the reply.
    Mike

#4 4 years ago

Mike
    Never tried this before....I close the switch and get two credits on the credit wheel with corresponding knock with the back box knocker
    Karl

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from DrDre:

Mike
    Never tried this before....I close the switch and get two credits on the credit wheel with corresponding knock with the back box knocker
    Karl

Thanks Karl, Mine was also set for free play (somehow) but I have issues. My score motor wont turn even if I manually hit the coin switch. The only way my knocker and credit wheel advances is on the 3rd time dropping the targets, not even when the special lane is lite. For some stupid reason, I like to drop quarter's in my machines to add credits and start playing.
    I think I still have switches that need to be cleaned and adjusted. It appears my coin switch wiring now correct.
    Just FYI who might be reading this, I've had to do some slight Z-Bends on 2 switch leaves through out to get them to make contact. It drives you crazy trying to do continuity after you thought you cleaned all the firkin WD40 off of everything. I do have fun learning this hobby and getting these machines back to original.
    Thanks again Karl.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capt-coin-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.