New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 64392)

Capital Pinball Has Jacks Stolen Prototype WOZ

By Ballypinball

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Ballypinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Canada_03.jpg
Hes-right-you-know-967a8c.jpg

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Jose at Capital Pinball In Canberra has Jacks Stolen WOZ Prototype.

Customers tell me he is trying to take orders using the game on display

Don't Buy a Game from Him as he is not a Distributor and unable to supply the Games.

#2 7 years ago

What a mess down there, damn.

#3 7 years ago

really feel bad for some of you WOZers down under

#4 7 years ago

It seems strange to me that there seems to be no law enforcement in Oz, over here that would be a receiving stolen property charge and it doesn't matter if you paid for it or not they confiscate the item and either jail or cite you and arrest the person that sold it to you.
It must be nice to be able to embezzle a half a mil and just change your name from Bozo #2 to Bozo #3 and walk away scott free counting the cash.
None of this makes any sense to me, how can this guy display a stolen item and commit fraud by taking deposits on an item he can't supply?

#5 7 years ago

Sometimes i really feel like Australia has bars around it.

So frustrating

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

It seems strange to me that there seems to be no law enforcement in Oz, over here that would be a receiving stolen property charge and it doesn't matter if you paid for it or not they confiscate the item and either jail or cite you and arrest the person that sold it to you.
It must be nice to be able to embezzle a half a mil and just change your name from Bozo #2 to Bozo #3 and walk away scott free counting the cash.
None of this makes any sense to me, how can this guy display a stolen item and commit fraud by taking deposits on an item he can't supply?

Hes-right-you-know-967a8c.jpg

#7 7 years ago

wtf? I feel bad for you folks down under. there are some effed up people in the coin op biz down there.

#8 7 years ago

Sounds like they got Jersey Jacked!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

Sounds like they got Jersey Jacked!

Not exactly fair, since it isn't Jersey Jack that's ripping people off.

#10 7 years ago

Well then jack got jersey jacked.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

It seems strange to me that there seems to be no law enforcement in Oz, over here that would be a receiving stolen property charge and it doesn't matter if you paid for it or not they confiscate the item and either jail or cite you and arrest the person that sold it to you.It must be nice to be able to embezzle a half a mil and just change your name from Bozo #2 to Bozo #3 and walk away scott free counting the cash.None of this makes any sense to me, how can this guy display a stolen item and commit fraud by taking deposits on an item he can't supply?

Tracelifter; Please, quit insulting Bozo.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

Its a mess in Melbourne everything is fine and dandy in Perth.........

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Don't Buy a Game from Him as he is not a Distributor and unable to supply the Games.

Someone needs to let him know what keeping a low profile means after allegedly receiving stolen goods, doesn't seem like he has clue. Even the keystone cops should be able to pick this guy up easily I would have thought.

If true, trying to be a fake distributor is basically admitting that he knew/knows he is being a dodgy pri*k. Hopefully that noise getting closer is not an ice cream van approaching.

#14 7 years ago

Well, here's his "Contact Us" link from his web site. Tell him how you feel:

http://www.capitalpinball.com.au/index.php/contact-us

#15 7 years ago

And here is who sold it to him, tell them how you feel

https://www.facebook.com/BumperActionAmusements

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

It's really not so bad considering an entire country colonized by convicts.

Think of the genetic pool they are up against.

j/k

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

j/k

Wasn't it Hawaiians that ate captain Cook

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Well, here's his "Contact Us" link from his web site. Tell him how you feel:
http://www.capitalpinball.com.au/index.php/contact-us

LOL. There's no point contacting them via e-mail because they never reply to e-mail enquiries anyway. I had given up a long time ago asking for availability of games.

#20 7 years ago

And here is who sold it to him, tell them how you feel
https://www.facebook.com/BumperActionAmusements

Isn't that the company that just went bankrupt?

#21 7 years ago

"It's Confederated Products. It's a different company, it's a different quality of product."
- Go (1999).

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

LOL. There's no point contacting them via e-mail because they never reply to e-mail enquiries anyway. I had given up a long time ago asking for availability of games.

Quoted from vid1900:

j/k

LOL. Well if they're all convicts why not have a local, good-natured pin-thug go there and talk it over?

#23 7 years ago

If this were Detroit and you called up the Detroit Police about a stolen pinball machine that you knew where it was located within the city; they would hang up on you. Maybe they would laugh first then hang up.

There are documented cases of calls coming in with a break-in and attack where cars were not dispatched.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

If this were Detroit and you called up the Detroit Police about a stolen pinball machine that you knew where it was located within the city; they would hang up on you. Maybe they would laugh first then hang up.
There are documented cases of calls coming in with a break-in and attack where cars were not dispatched.

Time to move. Seems like Fallujah might be a safer location.

#25 7 years ago

NOBODY lives in Detroit.

Whenever I meet someone and they claim to be from Detroit, if I press them for the truth, they are always from Plymouth.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Time to move. Seems like Fallujah might be a safer location.

Its time to act like a sheep and get the flock out of here.

#27 7 years ago

Poor Detroit. A microcosm, I fear, for where the entire country is headed (or is currently).

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

NOBODY lives in Detroit.
Whenever I meet someone and they claim to be from Detroit, if I press them for the truth, they are always from Plymouth.

Only time I see detroit, it's pictured on TV as a barren wasteland or the location for Hardcore Pawn.

I've never been so I have no idea how it really is but for many years having the glorious honor of the highest murder rate in the country it's not top on my places to visit list.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Poor Detroit. A microcosm, I fear, for where the entire country is headed (or is currently).

Third World, here we come.

#30 7 years ago

I've been traveling to DeTroilet for about 20 years for my work. It is my least favorite place in America... in fact it doesn't even feel like I'm in America any more when I drive through that city.

#31 7 years ago

How did the proto get to aus? That's were the crime is. Whomever took the pin in the us and transported it to aus commited international fraud and theft. They certainly could be prosecuted in the US. Unless Jack had it down there on display or something and it was gaffled. Whole other story then. Send the info to JJP. Maybe you will receive a reward of a new pin or something...

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Only time I see detroit, it's pictured on TV as a barren wasteland or the location for Hardcore Pawn.
I've never been so I have no idea how it really is but for many years having the glorious honor of the highest murder rate in the country it's not top on my places to visit list.

I used to get sent to Detroit every few weeks.

It lost its #1 murder city ranking because there is almost no one left to murder; and those that are left are hardly worth killing.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

How did the proto get to aus? That's were the crime is. Whomever took the pin in the us and transported it to aus commited international fraud and theft. They certainly could be prosecuted in the US. Unless Jack had it down there on display or something and it was gaffled. Whole other story then. Send the info to JJP. Maybe you will receive a reward of a new pin or something...

You need to read the other threads on this. Its a long story to say the least.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I used to get sent to Detroit every few weeks.

It lost its #1 murder city ranking because there is almost no one left to murder; and those that are left are hardly worth killing.

Geez you guys are being pretty harsh on Detroit . In defense of Detroit I have to say every time I went there I got to see at least one burning car , so that's cool . I also got to stay in a motel that charged hourly rates . Detroit also gave us Horrible musicians like KISS and Kid Suck.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Geez you guys are being pretty harsh on Detroit . In defense of Detroit I have to say every time I went there I got to see at least one burning car , so that's cool . I also got to stay in a motel that charged hourly rates . Detroit also gave us Horrible musicians like KISS and Kid Suck.

Let's not forget M&M. Skim shifty

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yeah, and Devil's Night isn't what it used to be...
... ran out of houses to burn, I guess.

Sad.

#37 7 years ago

What's the best thing out of Detroit?

I-75

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

NOBODY lives in Detroit.

Well, just like you once said NOBODY smokes anymore; I was born and raised in zip code (to be fair, there were no zip codes when I was born) 48228. When I was almost 5 we moved to zip code 48210. When I was 19 I fled to the 'burbs but my parents stayed another nine years as Dad was a city employee and he did not cheat the residency rules.

#39 7 years ago

And here is who sold it to him

Such a fuster-Cluck down there. Glad I'm not closer. Feel for my down under bros. Hope this all gets worked out.

#40 7 years ago

The only time Detroit looked good to me was when I saw it in my rear view mirror as I was moving away.

#41 7 years ago

Need to go back to the wild west when someone screwed you over you shot him to bad no more guns in AUS. And as for detroit armpit of the country I just had to drive near it to tell. I don't think I ever wana drive through MI again Chicago is bad enough to me I stay away from the city.

If someone sold me a game I couldn't actually have id find a way to kill them there since the police don't care murder proably isn't that big of a deal right?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

NOBODY lives in Detroit.

Quoted from MrBally:

Well, just like you once said NOBODY smokes anymore; I was born and raised in zip code (to be fair, there were no zip codes when I was born) 48228. When I was almost 5 we moved to zip code 48210. When I was 19 I fled to the 'burbs but my parents stayed another nine years as Dad was a city employee and he did not cheat the residency rules.

So I'm pressing you for the truth (I remind you that you are under oath):

Do you, right at this moment, live in Detroit?

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Actually KISS are from New York.

Although the classic Alive 1 live album was recorded in Detroit, as they found the people in Detroit loved the KISS music. Hence - Detroit, Rock City.

rd.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Detroit also gave us Horrible musicians like KISS and Kid Suck.

Not even.

Kid Kock is from Romeo Michigan, and Kiss is from NYC.

You can say that Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent and Bob Seger are actually from Detoilet.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Although the classic Alive 1 live album was recorded in Detroit, as they found the people in Detroit loved the KISS music. Hence - Detroit, Rock City.
rd.

I thought they were a NJ band?

#46 7 years ago

Detroit is awesome! It gave us ROBOCOP! Oh, and whoever is selling off of the proto should have their knee caps broken imo....

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Quoted from vid1900:

Not even.

Kid Kock is from Romeo Michigan, and Kiss is from NYC.

Sorry guys . It seems was mistaken on where this band and person came from . I guess I don't know anything about bands I dislike , But the good news is that Detroit just got a whole lot better .

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Thought about including that guy , But I used the word "Musician" .KISS and Kid Suck at least try to play instruments .

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Pinchroma said:

Thought about including that guy , But I used the word "Musician" .KISS and Kid Suck at least try to play instruments .

LOL..

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So I'm pressing you for the truth (I remind you that you are under oath):
Do you, right at this moment, live in Detroit?

As I stated, I fled to the suburbs when I was 19 (that was a long time ago, before cell phones) so no, I do not currently live in Detroit. Since you mentioned that you can say that Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent and Bob Seger are actually from Detroit, I can as well. Heck, Seger fled to Lincoln Park and Uncle Ted moved to Hanover/Jackson long before I left.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

j/k

2 people from OZ gave your comment thumbs down. That might be true for background, but the ratio to women to men is 8 to 1. So that makes it look very tempting to want to live there.

Btw, all 3 of those "bands" arn't worth a crap regardless of what crappy state they are from.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside