(Topic ID: 88447)

Capcom with Williams Flipper assemblies?

By burningman

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by powerslave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey everyone....

Picking up an Airborne in Allentown and was putting together a list of things to get her shopped out nice. In this video, its mentioned that they installed williams flipper assemblies in the game.

Is this a suggested mod, and also, which ones should I use?

Thanks in advance

#2 10 years ago

I've never heard of it. Capcom flipper mechs are pretty cool.

#3 10 years ago

I would guess they did it since williams flipper parts are considerably cheaper than Capcom and DE/Sega/Stern flipper parts.

#4 10 years ago

Capcom end stops and link parts kind of suck and get blow out quick.
Plus the parts are hard to find and you have to order them from Australia.
Switching to WMS is a good idea if you need to rebuild yours.

My buddy Markmon switched the flipper mechs for me...it should have been easy but my link pieces were stuck on so he hacksawed them off and we put on new full assemblies.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=172

Hopefully you don't need to buy the full assemblies.

Airborne is pretty cool and have settings for flipper strength in the OP menu.

#5 10 years ago

I have heard of this, but I am not sure how it is done.

The Capcom ones on my Airborne are quite snappy

Enjoy the game, it's great!

I am bringing mine for the free play area.

Chris

#6 10 years ago

The general idea, as has been discussed in other threads, is to replace everything from the mounting plates up, except for the coils, with NOS Williams parts.

Granted, if all you need is the sleeves, the link & pawl, plus the coil stops, you will save money by ordering the coil stops from PSPA in AU. They're like $3 each but shipping is a factor so buy extra. I got a half-dozen so I'm set for like 5 years but if you play your machines frequently and like the flipper strength dialed up then I agree with pdxmonkey that they will wear out quicker than you'd expect.

#7 10 years ago

thanks for the replies guys....I think what I will do is wait until I play it for a bit to see how they are acting...if they need a rebuild, I'll break out the hacksaw...

Chris, awesome you are bringing yours. Will be putting a few plays on it so I can see how mine should play.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

thanks for the replies guys....I think what I will do is wait until I play it for a bit to see how they are acting...if they need a rebuild, I'll break out the hacksaw...
Chris, awesome you are bringing yours. Will be putting a few plays on it so I can see how mine should play.

Good plan,
Again mine were messed up to begin so hopefully the hacksaw is not needed

#9 10 years ago

does it have a weird hole drilled in the front? like where it looks like a bigger hole next to a smaller hole? If so I installed them since the game was missing the flipper mechs entirely and i was being a cheap ass.

-c

#10 10 years ago

If you need flipper-coil Capcom try with pinball ressource
http://www.pbresource.com/coilcap.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-with-williams-flipper-assemblies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.