(Topic ID: 208068)

capcom pinball magic slings not firing

By grahamharley

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I like so much of how Capcom games are built but sadly I know nothing about them,
    when I go into test mode the game tells me that the slings are working properly but coils do not appear to fire in test mode, no coils seem to fire in test

any ideas how to test and track down the issue would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks,
    John

#2 6 years ago

No coils at all? Do you have your coin interlock switch in the correct position?
    Go in to the test mode and see if it's registering the slingshot switches

#3 6 years ago

all the coils other than the slings work in game play, I just don't understand how the Capcom test work. so when I go into test it basically says the coils are working but does not have an option to fire them, I meant I got the same result when testing other coils.

most likely something basic, Capcom is just a bit different than B/W

#4 6 years ago

press the start button to fire the coil in test mode.

#5 6 years ago

thanks , will do tomorrow Figured something basic

#6 6 years ago

Check the wires going to the sling switches and coils. Capcom did almost everything right, but the wires to the slings are stretched super, super tightly.

#7 6 years ago

Not to mention anytime something doesn't work the ol Capcom thin gague wire need to be looked in to

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not to mention anytime something doesn't work the ol Capcom thin gague wire need to be looked in to

Agreed. That thin, white wire...too much drink involved in that decision.

#9 6 years ago

there was a loose wire going to the right sling coil, it was resting against it so not obvious at first look

thanks to all

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-pinball-magic-slings-not-firing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.