• Yes, immediately! 8 votes
    67%
  • Yes, but not until I see visible playfield damage 2 votes
    17%
  • Not interested. my game is for show & display only. 2 votes
    17%

(12 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinballmagicscoop (resized).jpg
IMG_20170707_204951 cropped (resized).jpg
Weldment_Diagram_(resized).png
Tabs_to_reinforce_(resized).png
Weldment_with_suggested_mods_(resized).JPG
Playfield_damage_area_(common)_(resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I've been working with Kerry over at Mantis Amusements for a few months now engineering a replacement scoop/weldment for Capcom Pinball Magic.

The original factory weldment suffers from the same defects as most other weldments - weak welds.

The problem with the broken welds on this particular scoop/weldment is that once the welds break, the flex in the weldment causes the playfield edge to wear at the right side of the hole. I'm attaching pics of the wear area.

Rather than making an exact copy of the factory weldment, we're engineering a bit more protection, including:
1) Raised right side to prevent playfield wear
2) Reinforced weld tabs
3) Bracket to support adjacent target.

I haven't been given a price, but would expect these to be in-line with Kerry's other replacement weldments.

Kerry has committed to making this product and the purpose of this survey is to gauge interest for his initial production run.

Playfield_damage_area_(common)_(resized).jpg

Weldment_with_suggested_mods_(resized).JPG

Tabs_to_reinforce_(resized).png

Weldment_Diagram_(resized).png

#2 2 years ago

This is great for the community!
And Kerry is a great man doing this for us.
I am in the middle of a tear down of my game, I will check when I get home to see how mine looks.

Do you have any pricing idea?

Axl

#3 2 years ago

Subscribed

#4 2 years ago

would be interested in purchasing one

#5 2 years ago

I would be interested in purchasing one as my PM is the wear in that area.

3 months later
#6 2 years ago

Count me in. I would take one right now. Had not noticed the problem even existed until I read this post, now it is all I can think about! Pinball Magic, my favorite game of all time and hate to think she has this blemish . . . lol.
Any update on these weldments?

4 months later
#7 2 years ago

I would also be interested in purchasing.

1 month later
#8 1 year ago

Did these ever get made?
I guess i could email mantis..

#9 1 year ago

I sold my game & have one of these for sale that I never used if anyone is interested send me a p.m

#10 1 year ago

oops!! nope....... actually just looked at it I have the ramp not this part sorry

1 month later
#11 1 year ago

Hi Guys,

I am happy to report, now a year later, and two prototypes test-fitted, that the product is ready. I have about 50 games played with the new weldment in my PM and game play is flawless.

It's nice to know that no additional wear will take place to the playfield adjacent to the weldment. Not only did we add a 1/2" higher edge to the right of the weldment as originally planned, Kerry even went so far as to add a reinforcement tab for behind the target that sits next to the weldment.

Every Pinball Magic I've seen in person (about 5 of them) has broken welds on this weldment, playfield wear next to the weldment and wear behind the green target from where the target makes contact with the playfield edge when struck. Kerry's newest product solves all those problems!

If by chance your playfield isn't showing signs of wear yet, I highly suggest you are proactive in preventing it.

The end result was truly worth the wait!

IMG_20170707_204951 cropped (resized).jpg

#12 1 year ago

Nice, when and where will these be available?

#13 1 year ago

Kerry said he only made up a handful of these and that he was waiting on some pictures before posting to his site for sale.

The reason he made so few is because (1) it's a low production game to begin with, and (2) he didn't get the interest he expected with the main stage ramp weldment product for PM.

I'd highly suggest you email him and put in a reservation. If you don't get one of the first ones, it might be a long wait until he gets enough additional interest to run another batch...

-Brian

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from bstyles:

Kerry said he only made up a handful of these and that he was waiting on some pictures before posting to his site for sale.
The reason he made so few is because (1) it's a low production game to begin with, and (2) he didn't get the interest he expected with the main stage ramp weldment product for PM.
I'd highly suggest you email him and put in a reservation. If you don't get one of the first ones, it might be a long wait until he gets enough additional interest to run another batch...
-Brian

Can you tell me how to get ahold of Kerry ?
Thanks Russ

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from guss:

Can you tell me how to get ahold of Kerry ?
Thanks Russ

Sorry I bought from Kerry before.
Russ

2 weeks later
#17 1 year ago

Finally, Kerry has the replacement Genie Bottle weldments available for purchase.

Here's the page on his site: https://mantispinball.com/product/pinball-magic-scoop/

Here's a picture of the finished product.

pinballmagicscoop (resized).jpg

#19 1 year ago

Ordered both scoop and ramp.
Thanks Kerry!

#20 1 year ago

Ordered My scoop
Thanks Kerry

#21 1 year ago

Mine is on it's way with a target plate and a ngg Slam ramp!
Thanks Kerry

#22 1 year ago

I have a new , never used it Pinball magic ramp & I no longer own the game if interested PM me

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I have a new , never used it Pinball magic ramp & I no longer own the game if interested PM me

Im interested tried to pm will try again tomorrow morning

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside