Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9364 (resized).JPG
IMG_9364 (resized).JPG
#1 3 years ago

Received machine and it powers on, the DMD works, even points are earned hitting targets, but there are no lights and none of the solenoids work. Could it be the Power Board? All the LED's light except for LED3. Looking at the schematic, how is it that LED3 is off but LED14 is on? I even replaced LED3 and it's still doesn't light. I measure 5VDC at J7 across pins 4 and 5. All of the fuses on the board are good. All of the BR's test good. Any ideas? Does the fact that LED3 is off point to a problem?

IMG_9364 (resized).JPGIMG_9364 (resized).JPG
#2 3 years ago

LED 3 being off, not likely nothing to do with coils not firing and inserts not working if the game is booting up. With power off measure the resistance of R6. It should be measuring around 800-840 ohms.

With power off, I would reseat the big wide ribbon cable at the MPU, at the interconnect board, and at the driver board.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It should be measuring around 800-840 ohms

It does.

With power off, I would reseat the big wide ribbon cable at the MPU, at the interconnect board, and at the driver board.

I did. Problem resolved. Thank you. Is this a common problem with these machines?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

It does.

I did. Problem resolved. Thank you. Is this a common problem with these machines?

Sometimes they come partially unplugged when folding down the backbox.

Just like any other ribbon cable, the contacts inside can be become spread out from the cable being removed multiple times. If it happens again, I would replace it. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RC00103-1

#5 3 years ago

Do you know for sure you installed the single board LED the correct direction? Just like a diode, it must be installed the correct direction for the LED to light up.

#6 3 years ago

Do you know for sure you installed the single board LED the correct direction? Just like a diode, it must be installed the correct direction for the LED to light up.

I replaced the diode in the same orientation as the one I removed. I actually didn’t compare to the schematic, just assumed the one I removed was correct. Oh well, I’m not going to remove the board to check it now. Game is working

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

just assumed the one I removed was correct.

I think you can hold another LED on the board connections to see if it lights. If it doesn't, can turn it around. So you can do this without removing the board, just as a test.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-pinball-magic-no-lights-or-solenoids and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.