(Topic ID: 218126)

Capcom Pinball Magic blowing fuse F9

By JReedie

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My PM has started blowing the fuse at F9 on the power board. This fuse powers the magic wand magnets. Currently the wand coils will magnetise and levitate 2 or 3 balls and then the fuse pops. If anyone has any ideas what could be the issue i would really appreciate it. Ive checked the coils and they seem fine and from what i can tell the transistor driving the coils is fine as well.

Thanks,
James

#2 5 years ago

Have to ask, slo-blo fuses?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Have to ask, slo-blo fuses?

And correct amperage ?

LTG : )

#4 5 years ago

Yes, slow-blow 4A fuses

#5 5 years ago

Replced the transistor and the fuse still blows while carrying the ball down the wand. Retested the coils and theyre both coming out at 12ohms. Then i tested each diode across both of the coils with one leg out of circuit and one is testing at 690 and the other at 710. I reverse the DMM leads and both diodes read 1. Im using a super cheap backup multimeter at the moment so im unsure about the readings.

Whats your thoughts?

#6 5 years ago

What voltage do you have going to the coils? Any chance there is a short in the wiring going to the coils, perhaps from the motion of the wand (I've never really dug into that wiring part of the game, it's just a thought)?

1 week later
#7 5 years ago

Took the wand assembly out of the game and gave it a good clean and look over, replaced both coil diodes and shes now working perfectly again!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from JReedie:

Took the wand assembly out of the game and gave it a good clean and look over, replaced both coil diodes and shes now working perfectly again!

Thanks for following up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-pinball-magic-blowing-fuse-f9?hl=jreedie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.