Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200519_173601 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
CFB7E46A-B8C0-41DE-ADDE-0EC64785E863 (resized).jpeg
200.gif
ledocdcapcom (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomDK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 2 years ago

Just to let you know:
There is also a big demand in Europe. Folowing the german forums at least 10 kits.

The onliest point is if we can get trouble at customs due CE and RoHS while importing ?!

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

Herg didn’t ship internationally, but Cometpinball does, and they do carry/sell his boards. Unfortunately they sold out of the Capcom boards.

Thanks for the info !
There was a dutch dealer selling them over a longer period, but stopped also selling them. I guess due the RoHS and CE stuff ....
Maybe COMET will come back to business if available.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

In for my Breakshot!

It will work but it is a waste of money:
Breakshot is the only Capcom Game with a "regular" GI. On all other titles there is a doubled lamp matrix so that all 128 lamps are controlled.
Breakshot has 3 GI strings, feedet directly from the transformer and on the combined powerdriverboard is only 64 controlled lamps possible. The LED OCD is capable of both switched matrixes, so half would be unused.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Have you actually tested this, or is it an assumption?

To be honest, this is a assumption !
I never tested a timing.

1 month later
#68 1 year ago

UP for this thread ....

#70 1 year ago

Sometimes a nice reminder seems to be helpfull.

But you are also welcome to pass the files and we look for a chinese manufacturer for the european customers .. there is a demand

3 months later
#94 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The matrix is 2x the size of BLY/WMS - inserts and GI are individually controllable (128 controllable lamps).

JKust a matter of production ... the price was always higher and that is fair enough , but would be great if they would produced soon ...

Quoted from jake35:

They are essential for Capcom because if you use LEDs the game flickers like crazy.

Thats the point ... just 1 LED can disturb a complete row. I had in my KP 6 LED for the bonus ladder .. impossible ! No way ...

3 months later
#97 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I need 2...... How do I get them yesterday? Waiting sucks. I'm amazed at how much non-ghosting bulbs flicker on BBB... I feel like even the incandescents do!

If you use *ANY* LED in a Capcom machine you should go in the lamptest and see if only the selected lamp is on.
In my experiences with Capcom there are no LED´s out on themarket which do not cause "ghost lamps".
I would bet that you have also ghostings ! Specially due capcom uses (expect Breakshot) only controlled lamps , the controller will be confused by LEDs.

On KP I figured out that 1 LED can cause a complete row and line to malfunction. I ordered LED´s from several sources. *NO* LED was working !

#99 1 year ago

As I wrote, Breakshot is the exception due it works with a normal GI like all the WMS games.
It is possible to swap with LED but also ... not on the controlled lamps.

@e_gpinball
On a game delivered with normal bulbs it makes , for me, no sense to change to LED. I am so crazy, I also preffer the old lamps with the brassbase. They just last longer than any aftermarket stuff.
But I can understand that people swap several single lamps to get the inserts prepped up in lighning, but thats it.
Have a look in the "No rainboa puke" Thread here on pinside and everybidy will understand me

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Go with a ColorDMD and you will no longer need that high voltage DMD board.

Or go the cheaper way with a Pin2DMD , it also uses just low current but it has not that coloration like ColorDMD. But if you are happy with 1 color it is the cheaper choice. I have one in Kingpin working great and no more need for all the highvoltage stuff causing just problems.
In KP I have it on red color, on Airborne blue would bbe nice, Breakshot green ...

4 months later
#107 1 year ago

On the pictures is the wrong one. But I am sure they know what they sell.

5 months later
#125 7 months ago

I do not like LED in pinballs which came not out of the factory with LED.Point.

BUT ... I bought last week a AB with LED OCD and some LED on some places. The pre-owner took really care not to make it blingbling. Looks great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!
Playfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomDK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-led-ocd-boards?tu=TomDK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.