Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200519_173601 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
CFB7E46A-B8C0-41DE-ADDE-0EC64785E863 (resized).jpeg
200.gif
ledocdcapcom (resized).jpg
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 1 year ago

I've got a Pinball Magic, Breakshot, and Airborne - I gather I could use one for Pinball Magic and Airborne?

Also is there anyone that knows of either a bare board or a replacement for the high voltage DMD board?

TIA

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

Also is there anyone that knows of either a bare board or a replacement for the high voltage DMD board?

Go with a ColorDMD and you will no longer need that high voltage DMD board.

#103 1 year ago

+1 for Pinball Magic, count me in!

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Go with a ColorDMD and you will no longer need that high voltage DMD board.

Or go the cheaper way with a Pin2DMD , it also uses just low current but it has not that coloration like ColorDMD. But if you are happy with 1 color it is the cheaper choice. I have one in Kingpin working great and no more need for all the highvoltage stuff causing just problems.
In KP I have it on red color, on Airborne blue would bbe nice, Breakshot green ...

1 month later
#105 1 year ago

I'm doing the SMD/soldering work myself on another DMD board, and it needs 12V.

Where do other people get 12VDC from in a Capcom game for display? Driver board?

2 months later
#107 1 year ago

On the pictures is the wrong one. But I am sure they know what they sell.

2 months later
#108 11 months ago

airborne waiting

#109 11 months ago
Quoted from rivalem:

airborne waiting

Order from Comet. They are available as mentioned 2 posts above yours

1 month later
#110 10 months ago

Hey All
Fitted the LED OCD board today, but haven’t put LEDs in yet. Not turned the game on yet either (BBB)

Does the LED board work with incandescent bulbs?

#111 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

No.

#112 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hey All
Fitted the LED OCD board today, but haven’t put LEDs in yet. Not turned the game on yet either (BBB)

It will run at least a few Incandescent here & there. Think I had 5 on my PM

#113 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I tried it in a friend's BBB and it blew the lower fuse and all the lower inserts/GI went out within a second of turning on the game.

#114 10 months ago

do they make one for the gi?

#115 10 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

do they make one for the gi?

Capcom games all the lights are controlled, they don't have a separate gi. That's why they have those separate OCDLED

#116 10 months ago

Still are areas considered GI for most of the game, depending on the light show.

#117 10 months ago

Thanks guys.

Haven’t turned the game on yet- need to sort out an LED kit. Any BBB owners have a LED kit recommendation

#118 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Still are areas considered GI for most of the game, depending on the light show.

Well sure, but there is no OCDLED GI board.

#119 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well sure, but there is no OCDLED GI board.

But still are GI areas.

#120 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Thanks guys.
Haven’t turned the game on yet- need to sort out an LED kit. Any BBB owners have a LED kit recommendation

I'd go 100% Comet sunlight. OP Max for the GI and 2smd elsewhere. Think it (sunlight) really helps the colors pop.

No idea how many of each type to order, but their 25-packs are a family favorite. HTH.

IMG_20200519_173601 (resized).jpgIMG_20200519_173601 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#121 9 months ago

For those of you who have installed the OCD board on a Capcom game....what bulbs did you use? Are they lighting properly? Which game?

I've tried the OCD with 2SMD Comet LEDs and am having some issues with ghosting....all on the Matrix B side. The Matrix A side works great. I'm curious if my choice of bulbs is the cause. Thanks.

#122 9 months ago
Quoted from GregCon:

For those of you who have installed the OCD board on a Capcom game....what bulbs did you use? Are they lighting properly? Which game?
I've tried the OCD with 2SMD Comet LEDs and am having some issues with ghosting....all on the Matrix B side. The Matrix A side works great. I'm curious if my choice of bulbs is the cause. Thanks.

It can be... blubboman can provide some commentary

Matt

#123 9 months ago
Quoted from GregCon:

I used standard 2smd comet for most of them without much issue. Pinball Magic

#124 9 months ago

I put 2SMD Comet LEDs all through my Pinball Magic and had flickering problems. The issue seemed to be these LEDs were drawing too much current on the long GI string on the back panel. It was causing trouble on some of the playfield GI as well because they share GI connectors. I chased this by removing LEDs one at a time until the LEDs all settled down. Putting 1SMD LEDs in the backbox fixed it.

1 month later
#125 8 months ago

I do not like LED in pinballs which came not out of the factory with LED.Point.

BUT ... I bought last week a AB with LED OCD and some LED on some places. The pre-owner took really care not to make it blingbling. Looks great.

#126 8 months ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I do not like LED in pinballs which came not out of the factory with LED.Point.
BUT ... I bought last week a AB with LED OCD and some LED on some places. The pre-owner took really care not to make it blingbling. Looks great.

Pinball Magic looks amazing with LEDOCD - brighter than incandescents and more color pop on the inserts. The nice thing about the LEDOCD board is that you can tweak the brightness of each bulb if you wish.

I try to illuminate as much as possible without going rainbowpuke. All of my GI is "sunlight" (a white between warm and cool) and I illuminated the posts, pop bumper and ramps with a little blue glow.

IMG_1525 (resized).jpegIMG_1525 (resized).jpeg

#127 8 months ago

Dup

#128 8 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Pinball Magic looks amazing with LEDOCD - brighter than incandescents and more color pop on the inserts. The nice thing about the LEDOCD board is that you can tweak the brightness of each bulb if you wish.
I try to illuminate as much as possible without going rainbowpuke. All of my GI is "sunlight" (a white between warm and cool) and I illuminated the posts, pop bumper and ramps with a little blue glow.
[quoted image]

2smd or 1 smd bulbs?

#129 8 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I try to illuminate as much as possible without going rainbowpuke......illuminated the posts, pop bumper and ramps with a little blue glow.
[quoted image]

Well...mission almost accomplished!

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

2smd or 1 smd bulbs?

I did all 2 in mine; looked great. I never got the "MAGIC" colors right so I left incandescent in there.

#130 8 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

2smd or 1 smd bulbs?

2 SMD - brightness is adjustable on the board if anything is too bright.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-led-ocd-boards/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.