Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200519_173601 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
CFB7E46A-B8C0-41DE-ADDE-0EC64785E863 (resized).jpeg
200.gif
ledocdcapcom (resized).jpg

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago

Interesting thanks for the info re: Breakshot.

Has anyone put an LED fluorescent tube in place of the regular fluorescent bulb on their Capcom backbox? Did it on an Ice Cold Beer recently and it looks great and cuts down on heat.

#52 2 years ago

Up to 41.

#53 2 years ago

Interested in one for Pinball Magic.

#54 2 years ago

I’ll buy one. Not because I need it, but because I can imagine Harold’s frustration.

#55 2 years ago

Sounds like we’re up to 40+. Problem may be that herg builds them and they sit on the shelf because only 15 or so of the 40+ really follow though in a ‘timely’ manner and cough up the $$. Maybe we can convince herg to pre-sell the boards and see how many actually pony up the money in advance.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Sounds like we’re up to 40+. Problem may be that herg builds them and they sit on the shelf because only 15 or so of the 40+ really follow though in a ‘timely’ manner and cough up the $$. Maybe we can convince herg to pre-sell the boards and see how many actually pony up the money in advance.

Sounds fair

#57 2 years ago

herg Not sure if it would help but I'd be glad to prepay you for this board as ToucanF16 mentioned.

#58 2 years ago

I think we'd need to prepay and not expect much/any support (beyond hardware defects). Maybe a good FAQ, and accept it at that.

I would accept that!

#59 2 years ago

No, I do not want people pre-paying for anything, since that would be a big liability on me. Please just accept that I understand there are some people who still want them, and I am weighing options.

Edit: ...and how would we differentiate between a hardware issue and other support without doing the work to find the root cause?

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Edit: ...and how would we differentiate between a hardware issue and other support without doing the work to find the root cause?

Fair point. Anything that exceeded the FAQ, and a support group of pinside users come to the conclusion of hardware?

#61 2 years ago

Hi All
I would also like 1 please.

put me down on the potential list @mack505, herg please consider.

Thanks

#62 2 years ago

Will this work in Flipper Football?

1 week later
#63 2 years ago

After 6yrs gone, she’s finally back.. really needs an
LEDOCD board, to make the inserts pop.

CFB7E46A-B8C0-41DE-ADDE-0EC64785E863 (resized).jpegCFB7E46A-B8C0-41DE-ADDE-0EC64785E863 (resized).jpeg
#64 2 years ago

I’d be in for 1 too.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I would definitely pony up in advance when he's ready to make them

#66 1 year ago

I would be in for one for. sure and pay in advance no problem

#67 1 year ago

That’s around 50 units… how about it @herg!?

2 weeks later
#68 1 year ago

UP for this thread ....

#69 1 year ago

I feel like Gary Stern reading the Tron VE thread.

#70 1 year ago

Sometimes a nice reminder seems to be helpfull.

But you are also welcome to pass the files and we look for a chinese manufacturer for the european customers .. there is a demand

#71 1 year ago

Pinball Magic is my favorite game. Again, would love to be able to put LEDs in this beauty.

1 week later
#72 1 year ago

Went to Zapcon yesterday. Owner of a PMagic had this board in and it looked great! He is looking for one for his Airborne, and I am still hoping for one for my PM . . . . . ..

#73 1 year ago

I’d be interested in one for a Pinball Magic. Sign me up!

#74 1 year ago

If herg decides not to make them. Then stumblor in UK has afterglow boards and May work on a Capcom compatible board

#75 1 year ago

i need one for pinball magic as well.

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

If herg decides not to make them. Then stumblor in UK has afterglow boards and May work on a Capcom compatible board

I've got a theory that two AGs in tandem could do it. I have all the bits, adapters etc, just need to rig it up and send to someone to test.

#77 1 year ago

Welcome to come round and test it out on BBB stumblor

#78 1 year ago

Which would also give me a chance to ogle BBB, something I've always wanted to ogle!

(And do some work on this Pinpoint MM topper mod of course).

Thanks for that Dave. I'll wait for the boards to arrive in the next few weeks and see where we're at, one night after work might work well.

#79 1 year ago

I'll take one as a backup for my BBB.

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

I would definitely pony up in advance when he's ready to make them

i would prepay as well

1 month later
#81 1 year ago

I could use one for Airborne...

#82 1 year ago

I'd take one for a pinball magic

2 weeks later
#83 1 year ago

herg any update on your decision if you are going to make more Capcom OCD boardS.

Thanks

1 month later
#84 1 year ago

I'm in for 2. I have an airborne that would look awesome with LEDs!!

#85 1 year ago

Im also in for two.

#86 1 year ago

There have been some recent changes regarding LED OCD. If you do some investigation, it's not really a secret. It's just not really my place to announce it. Overall, I think it's good news on the path toward better availability of kits.

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

There have been some recent changes regarding LED OCD. If you do some investigation, it's not really a secret. It's just not really my place to announce it. Overall, I think it's good news on the path toward better availability of kits.

Clicking on the store link in the LEDOCD website redirects to Comet Pinball now. Is there an announcement coming soon?

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Clicking on the store link in the LEDOCD website redirects to Comet Pinball now. Is there an announcement coming soon?

Wow, if so, that's some Big news.

#89 1 year ago

This is awesome! The folks at Comet are good people!!

#90 1 year ago

Yet, nothing for Capcom.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#91 1 year ago

Weird. I know nothing about to make these, but what makes Capcom so much more difficult to manufacturer than the others? The demand is obviously there. They are essential for Capcom because if you use LEDs the game flickers like crazy.

#92 1 year ago

Sounds like Capcom OCD boards may be in the pipeline at Comet.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Weird. I know nothing about to make these, but what makes Capcom so much more difficult to manufacturer than the others? The demand is obviously there. They are essential for Capcom because if you use LEDs the game flickers like crazy.

The matrix is 2x the size of BLY/WMS - inserts and GI are individually controllable (128 controllable lamps).

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The matrix is 2x the size of BLY/WMS - inserts and GI are individually controllable (128 controllable lamps).

JKust a matter of production ... the price was always higher and that is fair enough , but would be great if they would produced soon ...

Quoted from jake35:

They are essential for Capcom because if you use LEDs the game flickers like crazy.

Thats the point ... just 1 LED can disturb a complete row. I had in my KP 6 LED for the bonus ladder .. impossible ! No way ...

1 month later
#95 1 year ago

I reached out to Comet and they indicated that the Capcom OCD boards would be available sometime early next year. Many thanks to herg for all his work and Comet for taking this on.

2 months later
#96 1 year ago

I need 2...... How do I get them yesterday? Waiting sucks. I'm amazed at how much non-ghosting bulbs flicker on BBB... I feel like even the incandescents do!

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I need 2...... How do I get them yesterday? Waiting sucks. I'm amazed at how much non-ghosting bulbs flicker on BBB... I feel like even the incandescents do!

If you use *ANY* LED in a Capcom machine you should go in the lamptest and see if only the selected lamp is on.
In my experiences with Capcom there are no LED´s out on themarket which do not cause "ghost lamps".
I would bet that you have also ghostings ! Specially due capcom uses (expect Breakshot) only controlled lamps , the controller will be confused by LEDs.

On KP I figured out that 1 LED can cause a complete row and line to malfunction. I ordered LED´s from several sources. *NO* LED was working !

#98 1 year ago

I recently picked up a Breakshot that came with incandescent bulbs. I normally replace them with LEDs and get an OCD board, but I decided to leave the incandescent bulbs in for now. The incandescent bulbs look great for what they are and I don't need to worry about compatibility issues.

I will revisit my decision when the Capcom OCD boards become available, but I will say that I really like the warm incandescent look on that game and I think using them instead of LEDs is an option worth considering.

#99 1 year ago

As I wrote, Breakshot is the exception due it works with a normal GI like all the WMS games.
It is possible to swap with LED but also ... not on the controlled lamps.

@e_gpinball
On a game delivered with normal bulbs it makes , for me, no sense to change to LED. I am so crazy, I also preffer the old lamps with the brassbase. They just last longer than any aftermarket stuff.
But I can understand that people swap several single lamps to get the inserts prepped up in lighning, but thats it.
Have a look in the "No rainboa puke" Thread here on pinside and everybidy will understand me

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

If you use *ANY* LED in a Capcom machine you should go in the lamptest and see if only the selected lamp is on.
In my experiences with Capcom there are no LED´s out on themarket which do not cause "ghost lamps".
I would bet that you have also ghostings ! Specially due capcom uses (expect Breakshot) only controlled lamps , the controller will be confused by LEDs.
On KP I figured out that 1 LED can cause a complete row and line to malfunction. I ordered LED´s from several sources. *NO* LED was working !

Yes, there is a lot of ghosting going on....I was quite surprised about this until I started reading more about it. I've tried a few different ones. Some were worse than others. Really need the LED OCD.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-led-ocd-boards/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.