Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200519_173601 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
CFB7E46A-B8C0-41DE-ADDE-0EC64785E863 (resized).jpeg
200.gif
ledocdcapcom (resized).jpg
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

I am looking for a Capcom LED OCD board (for Pinball Magic).

There is no current plan to make any more due to low demand. If there are enough people that need one, perhaps we can convince Herg to build a batch.

If you need one too, please post up here so we can keep a tally. Thanks.

-Mike

ledocdcapcom (resized).jpgledocdcapcom (resized).jpg
#3 2 years ago

yes I need 2 please

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

yes I need 2 please

Holy crap you own TWO Big Bang Bars??

#5 2 years ago

I was lucky and ordered in 2018 for AB, PM and BBB. I got another BBB and can use one more LED OCD.

#6 2 years ago

I want two for sure.

I talked to Herg quite a bit at the end of last year...he didn't tell me there was a lack of buyer interest but rather he wasn't interested in producing and supporting the boards. Either way...I'll take 2 as soon as they are available.

#7 2 years ago

It's a little of both, really. Low demand and my lack of time.

Even building 25 at a time, the price is what I'd consider out of hand. Then, it takes me over a year to sell through those 25. Higher quantity, better prices, but I have more stuff sitting on shelves, tying up funds.

Add to that, I can barely keep up with what I consider "core products", WPC and Stern. Nearly everything is OOS at the moment because I got blindsided by long lead times and an increase in demand. I have a bunch of stuff coming in, probably in the next couple of weeks, but then I'll be swamped, trying to test and package things, after long days at my real job.

For some reason, the Capcom kits generate way more than their fair share of support requests. That's time I could be using to build other kits, actually play my games, or maybe even participate in a league again.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

It's a little of both, really. Low demand and my lack of time.

For some reason, the Capcom kits generate way more than their fair share of support requests. That's time I could be using to build other kits, actually play my games, or maybe even participate in a league again.

I definitely hear you on that. If the demand is there, I'd be happy to help alleviate requests in any way I could.

#9 2 years ago

#10 2 years ago

If demand is low and not worth the effort producing them, then one option is to open source the design (CAM files) with a license that prohibits commercial use so that people who want this for their hobby machine can build it themselves.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

If demand is low and not worth the effort producing them, then one option is to open source the design (CAM files) with a license that prohibits commercial use so that people who want this for their hobby machine can build it themselves.

I've considered it. The downsides are that it dramatically raises the difficulty, and it makes it much less likely that a commercial batch would ever be made again, by myself or a company that would want to take it over. It would effectively be the end of them for casual users. It's better than design sitting unused, so I wouldn't say it will never happen. I will say that if it does happen, I will not be providing customer support for them.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

, so I wouldn't say it will never happen. I will say that if it does happen, I will not be providing customer support for them.

Would still work for me

#13 2 years ago

Hello I'd definitely be in for an LED OCD board for pinball magic!

#14 2 years ago

I think we're at 13

#15 2 years ago

Hello. I’d be in for 3.

#16 2 years ago

We’re at 16.

#17 2 years ago

I need one for pin magic.

#18 2 years ago

Add my name to the list, for my good friend who's Pinball Magic I've been borrowing a looong time hah

#19 2 years ago

i'll take another for backup for BBB

#20 2 years ago

Up to 19

#21 2 years ago

Hold up a second, does the Capcom OCD work for Breakshot? I see in the old thread that it did not. Wasn’t sure if it was ever updated to work.

Will it work with Flipper Football? I love my machine and it is blindingly awful with the LEDs. Previous owner somehow never seemed to care, despite the machine flashing like a dance club.

#23 2 years ago

In for my Breakshit

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Hold up a second, does the Capcom OCD work for Breakshot? I see in the old thread that it did not. Wasn’t sure if it was ever updated to work.
Will it work with Flipper Football? I love my machine and it is blindingly awful with the LEDs. Previous owner somehow never seemed to care, despite the machine flashing like a dance club.

Just saw this. Does it not work for Breakshit?

#25 2 years ago

Does not work for Breakshot.

#26 2 years ago

Thank you. I love incandescents anyway.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thank you. I love incandescents anyway.

Herg can clarify. From what I’ve read it’s untested for Breakshot. He mentions that half the board would be unused.

“Don't get your hopes too high for Breakshot. The existing board might actually work, but half of it would remain completely unused. It would not be cost efficient. I don't have a Breakshot to test in, and I'm really not motivated to develop for what is essentially a new system that includes just one game.”

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-for-capcom/page/4#post-5732432

#28 2 years ago

So we’re up to 21, unless Isochronic_Frost is subtracting?

#29 2 years ago

+1 Pinball Magic

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

So we’re up to 21, unless Isochronic_Frost is subtracting?

If half the board could work for BS, then I’d still use it. I like incandescents but it would really help some colors pop to use LEDs

#31 2 years ago

I could use 3 sets

#32 2 years ago

Will take one for my Pinball Magic - my favorite game and the favorite of my daughters!

#33 2 years ago

We’re up to 26. herg

#34 2 years ago

As more people see this thread, I can see more demand. I know of 3 more local collectors that may want one.

#35 2 years ago

Please be aware that mack505 took it upon himself to start this thread. While this information is useful, it does not mean that I will be making more if a certain number of boards are "committed to". It is a decision that I have to make with more factors involved.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Please be aware that mack505 took it upon himself to start this thread. While this information is useful, it does not mean that I will be making more if a certain number of boards are "committed to". It is a decision that I have to make with more factors involved.

200.gif200.gif
#37 2 years ago

I am in for 1 for a PM

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Totally get it, just wanted to show demand, and influence in any way that I could

#39 2 years ago

Up to 30

#40 2 years ago

Just to let you know:
There is also a big demand in Europe. Folowing the german forums at least 10 kits.

The onliest point is if we can get trouble at customs due CE and RoHS while importing ?!

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Just to let you know:
There is also a big demand in Europe. Folowing the german forums at least 10 kits.
The onliest point is if we can get trouble at customs due CE and RoHS while importing ?!

Herg didn’t ship internationally, but Cometpinball does, and they do carry/sell his boards. Unfortunately they sold out of the Capcom boards.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

In for my Breakshot!

bad news there

Quoted from GregCon:

Does not work for Breakshot.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

Herg didn’t ship internationally, but Cometpinball does, and they do carry/sell his boards. Unfortunately they sold out of the Capcom boards.

Thanks for the info !
There was a dutch dealer selling them over a longer period, but stopped also selling them. I guess due the RoHS and CE stuff ....
Maybe COMET will come back to business if available.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

bad news there

Quoted from mack505:

Herg can clarify. From what I’ve read it’s untested for Breakshot. He mentions that half the board would be unused.
“Don't get your hopes too high for Breakshot. The existing board might actually work, but half of it would remain completely unused. It would not be cost efficient. I don't have a Breakshot to test in, and I'm really not motivated to develop for what is essentially a new system that includes just one game.”
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-ocd-for-capcom/page/4#post-5732432

Allegedly only half of the board would be utilized.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Allegedly only half of the board would be utilized.

Wouldn't be the first time.. Breakshot sound board only has one of the two DAC populated, hence only one channel.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

In for my Breakshot!

It will work but it is a waste of money:
Breakshot is the only Capcom Game with a "regular" GI. On all other titles there is a doubled lamp matrix so that all 128 lamps are controlled.
Breakshot has 3 GI strings, feedet directly from the transformer and on the combined powerdriverboard is only 64 controlled lamps possible. The LED OCD is capable of both switched matrixes, so half would be unused.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

It will work but it is a waste of money:
Breakshot

Have you actually tested this, or is it an assumption? I have not had a chance to take any measurements in Breakshot, so I don't even know if the timing is the same. If someone confirmed that it actually did work using just half a Capcom LED OCD, that would mean that Capcom code with minor changes, running on a WMS LED OCD board, and some new cables might be an option.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Have you actually tested this, or is it an assumption?

To be honest, this is a assumption !
I never tested a timing.

#50 2 years ago

Count me in for one piece!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 209.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-led-ocd-boards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.