• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pintris
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi,
I have a Capcom Airborne. All of a sudden I noticed that about 10 lamps didn't work anymore. It appears to be an entire ROW of lamps from the lamp matrix. More specifically, the RED/ORG row J1/2.3.
In the lamp test in diagnostics, when I select any of the non-working lamps, the display set the ROW.OFF= bright which according to manual means "A row driver is disabled from a ROW or BULB short circuit - The device was shorted and is now inactive (may be in a 15 second cool-down period)."

I checked each lamp for obvious signs of short-circuit, but all looks fine. I tested continuity on the complete RED/ORG wire from all lamps up to the J1 on the board, and the wire is working. So it's not a wiring issue.

What could I do next? Does it need board repair?
Thanks

#2 4 years ago

I removed all the light bulbs from the complete "row" and the shortcut (row.off) message went away. So apparantly there was a shortcut somewhere in a BULB itself. I didn't know that a bulb could cause an entire row to short out, but it was... So I replaced all the bulbs from that row with new ones and now everything works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
8,100 (OBO)
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-lamp-matrix-entire-row-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.