3CCE1E5D-6D0C-40AC-A41E-134BAA3FCB23.gif
EB3AAF44-9D54-49D7-97E2-D3A5477D373A (resized).jpeg
1D778A70-1C9F-40DC-820A-8074DFD5A9D8 (resized).jpeg
4C95C47D-52CF-43EC-AC40-2829CC946380 (resized).jpeg
A1C57DA9-7DD5-4997-9688-67D584209F6F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Compy (6 years ago)

Post #162 New display prototype solution for DMD from TPF. Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjenison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

The original code will stay original. It was 95% complete by all accounts. We will have a newer ruleset that has the full HD display package. Paul is the lead engineer on that aspect of the game. You will be able to play both on the game by selecting which one you want at startup.

We appreciate the kind words! Yeah we got things together very quickly thanks to a bunch of different people chipping in, and a lot of late late nights/early mornings! (and a ton of Diet Mountain Dew)
Anyone with questions is encouraged to ask them, and come see us and play the game at SFGE!
-- Jimmy

Sorry, haven't seen the video yet of the talk so don't know if these questions were addressed:

You say the original code will stay original; will you be running the publicly available rom images? Reason I ask is that I like knowing that if I'd like to make a change to one of my games behavior, I can just spin up an emulator, modify the code and burn a new rom image. Will the system you are considering allow dropping in different ROM images in place of the original ROMs?

Are you planning on implementing DRM or will this be an open architecture system?

Just wanted to say that this game has been on my want list since I played it at CAX a few years, so this would be my first NIB purchase (already purchased the translite online), so looking forward to following your progress on its development!

5 months later
#321 5 years ago

One more day left for the August email update!

9 months later
#516 4 years ago

Paul,

Are you guys still trying to make the original spinner/opto hotel mechanism work, or have you settled on an LCD solution?

4 months later
#652 4 years ago

How far along, percentage-wise, is the full screen version of the game?

Personally, I'd be happy getting the game with just the stock ROMs, and upgrading later.

2 months later
#670 4 years ago

How about another update?

1 year later
#836 2 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Pinball is hard, I do respect the engagement work anyhow but think this project has been under-evaluated by its complexity.

5dry0d (resized).jpg5dry0d (resized).jpg

3 months later
#908 2 years ago

Bump. Anyone heard from them lately? Social media and website for Circus Maximus seem to have gone silent.

1 year later
#1177 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Appreciate that. I hope as much as you that we see Kingpin made! I hope you can make it happen!

Whoever does it, I hope they stick with the original DMD look instead of that oversized screen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjenison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here?tu=mjenison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.