3CCE1E5D-6D0C-40AC-A41E-134BAA3FCB23.gif
EB3AAF44-9D54-49D7-97E2-D3A5477D373A (resized).jpeg
1D778A70-1C9F-40DC-820A-8074DFD5A9D8 (resized).jpeg
4C95C47D-52CF-43EC-AC40-2829CC946380 (resized).jpeg
A1C57DA9-7DD5-4997-9688-67D584209F6F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Compy (6 years ago)

Post #162 New display prototype solution for DMD from TPF. Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

I played an original that was next to a Big Bang Bar and I loved it thought it was a great game especially compared to the Big Bang that just seemed ok to me.

Played both games side by side when they originally came out and felt the same way. Didn't know they were on test or soon to be rare, just two new games to try out.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

With so many new pins coming out with new tech, rgb lighting and deeper code for around the sane pricepoint its getting harder for me to purchase old remakes ... especially if i haven't played them . If i had unlimited room it wldnt matter as much but i dont and i know plenty of people that feel the same . So getting it to different shows can definitely help in some cases.

And yet some people are drooling over a game like TNA with a simple layout, simple ruleset, basic audio, basic display effects and $6k price point.

One thing Kingpin has that is missing in most games today is humor, which is a big plus to me. In my opinion Kingpin hits a good sweet spot in theme integration (ie, sound, art, display effects), fun to shoot playfield design and rule complexity. Similar to AFM. Price will be the deciding factor.

#211 6 years ago

Edit: Removed off topic comments

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

The game we brought to TPF had NOS Capcom flippers, pop bumpers, and Slings as well as as many capcom parts we could find. We are exploring using those same style of part

I think my preference would be to use standard parts for the typical high wear replacement items wherever possible. Makes it easier when you don't have to stock special parts for just one machine.

3 weeks later
#273 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

If you can sell more?
Why not make more ?
So is game production limited as well ?

My understanding after talking with James at TPF is that their intention is to sell as many games as people want to buy. Purchasing the numbered translite puts you on the list for the first production games.

1 year later
#537 4 years ago

My understanding is they will also be making as many as people want to purchase. Ordering the translite just gets you on the list for the first 250 games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here?tu=jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.