3CCE1E5D-6D0C-40AC-A41E-134BAA3FCB23.gif
EB3AAF44-9D54-49D7-97E2-D3A5477D373A (resized).jpeg
1D778A70-1C9F-40DC-820A-8074DFD5A9D8 (resized).jpeg
4C95C47D-52CF-43EC-AC40-2829CC946380 (resized).jpeg
A1C57DA9-7DD5-4997-9688-67D584209F6F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Compy (6 years ago)

Post #162 New display prototype solution for DMD from TPF. Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amsnl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#935 2 years ago

Any update on this?

1 month later
#987 2 years ago

same pm I got

6 months later
#1052 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Why avoid pinside? What else do they use?
The Facebook pinball sites are 10x worse.
Which originals films did they get? The playfields, the cab artwork, or are the films referring to the blueprints/engineering diagrams?

So let me chip in here

They didn’t get anything….. I own all the original films from playfield,cabinet,plastics,ramps,decals etc etc incl technical drawings and all hand drawn art from fukuoka

I contacted them to see how far this projects was and that I own all and that maybe we could get something going and get somewhere ,But communication is not great and been crickets since. Without my films and codes from paint it’s guessing what colors they used on all layers . Yes you can scan and color match on the proto playfields and remake the stickers on photoshop etc but that still don’t make it production exact

That’s all I can and will say about it

#1058 1 year ago

Lets all keep it friendly in here please we all in here want KP see the light of day.I think they informed him wrong and or they bragged about stuff I showed them. I’m willing to help in many ways but A not for a handout to free stuff and B not for a project that is up for many years that at this moment leads nowhere…

2 months later
#1118 1 year ago

Now I don’t want to spread rumors or speak on behalf of anyone, so I will be as vague as possible.
After some discussion, that Knapp arcade article makes perfect sense, and is totally understandable. Hindsight is 20/20; whenever Kingpin does get produced, we will definitely look back and understand what happened here.
I can also understand why they wouldn’t announce anything, because it all sounds easy but it isn’t. It’s a lot of little things. Look at some famous/infamous video game releases that have been ruined by delays and poor updates. It’s better to say nothing and delay your product to make it perfect, rather than to continually make promises you can’t keep and totally disillusion your customers.
Consider that nobody has ever made reproduction Capcom mechs EVER, and all the big parts guys say there is no money in it.
Do you reproduce Capcom parts to an extremely limited market, or do you switch to standard Williams/Stern mechs which will probably piss some people off but save A TON of money?
At the very least the Kingpin remake isn’t dead. Hopefully we get an update soon

well you know Capcom made stuff different because of the wms lawsuits back then .But also because some parts are so specific to Capcom also by the smaller footprints capcoms used to cramp in certain parts at very crowded part games. I know what they are doing, they are trying to see if off the shelf wms parts fit . but that still does not change the facts that special assembly s used in Capcom games still need to be remade to the prototype or better spec. your can only save money to a certain degree. kingpin was a prototype with files never released for production that means that prototype parts can function but also can have mistakes... trust me I know .

but yes I would love to see this game get made.

1 month later
#1126 1 year ago
F3A35BA4-D4BD-4938-A0D7-33BB6DC32B96.gifF3A35BA4-D4BD-4938-A0D7-33BB6DC32B96.gif
#1150 1 year ago

Problem with CM is they need to take a class on How to learn the skill of communication and get all the people who have the rights and everything they need in the same line without promising and talking about stuff they don’t have . It’s like skit-b part 2….

#1160 1 year ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

They sold a translight, that was all, they have taken no money, there are no deposits being held
These guys already know how to make parts, they have the insider knowledge on how to secure any rights
I do not know why there is a delay, but I would guess operating hardware and finishing the software for the game

As I told. And I will again. I own the all the original films, all original fukuoka drawings, I own the trademark and rights .I asked them to contact me and I was willing to help. Communications is a no go with these guys. And they tell people that they already have certain things without me even giving it to them….. so even if you go around me there are other reasons wy the game is not being made tho. They can make parts and all other things. So it should be a breeze if they made one. So where is the holdup … and if they don’t do it then yes maybe it’s time someone else makes it no hate here but all love to make the game

#1162 1 year ago

Yes “someone else” showed interest but these days it’s to much smoke and mirrors so I really don’t know who is who and what is what. Again I’m a pinball lover so the more pinballs in the world it’s only a good thing. Just a shame these guys where close enough and just vanish like the genie ..

#1165 1 year ago

Did you buy them from Planetary?
When does Rick *sell* anything?
Not trying to be a dick here, but if Retro-refurbs has taught us anything, it’s that international trademarks can mean very little, hopefully you have a legal presence in the USA.

No worries I have all I need incl all US legal

If someone is willing to try me. I’m happy to provide all thru my lawyer

Again not here to have a pissing contest just here same as everybody else trying to get this game to daylight. I’m here to achieve that and if it can’t be don’t it’s a shame. If it’s CM or anybody else for that matter

#1169 1 year ago

Okay, ignoring the first half of my question... did you buy the rights from Planetary?
It seems according to the trademark things posted that you recently bought these rights, could buying them during production have possibly made it more difficult?
Did they even need them?
You could be helpful, or just brag about all the original stuff you own.

No need to answer anything. No need to brag. It started CM saying that they now got some stuff from me that was complete false . That’s where I chipped in. Things got a life again when I got a hold of the trademark that’s someone find good to dig up and post … again I’m still here and offered everything I own to CM as help but there communications is complete absent that’s wy and what I posted. They did not answer me or anybody for that matter for years. Nothing more so without going back and forth who owned what and who is going to make what. I just want this game to be made as I love the whole theme . And if it won’t be made that’s a shame . What I do with trademarks or anything related to kingpin is neither here nor there

#1172 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

This Kingpin pinball trademark was presented by Compy with CM at a seminar.
Is this the trademark you speak of? Hope it all works out for the production and development of Kingpin pinball machines for us to buy in the near future.
[quoted image]

Yes it went dead …

#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Why own this if you have no intention of manufacturering the game yourself? Isn't that just patent trolling?

Who said I did not want to have the game made maybe I want to make it who knows what the future brings . I never put my info out in the open it’s was someone else who posted the trademark stuff. So let’s stop with the FBI interrogation and let’s hope all for the best!

#1175 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Wasn't an interrogation. Was just curious. No need to down vote me.

My apologies then . “down removed”

1 month later
#1200 1 year ago

This is wy you need original films. As scanning or vectoring is nice but will never be the same and if you don’t have the right color codes it will always be a hit and miss.same with plastics and translite there are 63 films for pf,plastics,cabinet, apron etc et.as I told CM I wanted to give my help and gain then acces to the films so they could finish there adventure. I had no responds to make this work so I don’t know if they where just blaming the playfield or that there where other issues .But now things have changed… and they have to come to me also for other things . They make there lives so much harder without it ever was a reason. I’m still open to them but I’m not reaching out so let’s see what happens in the upcoming year maybe I can speed my own progress up.

If anybody was wondering if this was fake news from my side .. I own the films and all fukuoka his original handdrawn art and the capcom papers and the trademark (that was not my plan to be revealed) haha

IMG_1361 (resized).pngIMG_1361 (resized).pngIMG_1359 (resized).pngIMG_1359 (resized).pngIMG_1360 (resized).pngIMG_1360 (resized).png

#1204 1 year ago

No not yet. What TomDK did was making some playfields from drawings and pictures and he did a amazing job. As he wanted to homebrew a game as I think he could not stand the wait from CM haha

He is showing what he made a while back. These pf have nothing to do with the original films/files

What tom is doing has nothing to do with me . Although I talk to tom from time to time.

Again i respect him for what he did based on some old files and friends around him making the art

1 month later
#1207 10 months ago

Share the films and color codes with vegemite_nick and TomDK so we can get our “homebrew” Kingpins rolling! In our PMs you said you didn’t want to reveal at the time, but now that it’s revealed, can you help a few of us get this “Capcom correct”? It’s not like making more Kingpins is feasible. The parts situation is severely limiting!

When the time is ready, correct playfields maybe available. At this moment I’m still putting all the pieces in place . Scanning of all the original films have been done by a special company ,so these are secured for life . They just need cleaning. We ll see what the future brings

And the parts issues is only a capcom original matter. A remake will never be done on capcom only parts and or computer system. As from a money standpoint and serviceable things it’s just not doable

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider amsnl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here?tu=amsnl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.