3CCE1E5D-6D0C-40AC-A41E-134BAA3FCB23.gif
EB3AAF44-9D54-49D7-97E2-D3A5477D373A (resized).jpeg
1D778A70-1C9F-40DC-820A-8074DFD5A9D8 (resized).jpeg
4C95C47D-52CF-43EC-AC40-2829CC946380 (resized).jpeg
A1C57DA9-7DD5-4997-9688-67D584209F6F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Compy (6 years ago)

Post #162 New display prototype solution for DMD from TPF. Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#611 4 years ago

Im sorry, im reading through this thread now, but when is expected market date and what price point(s)?

Thank you..

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

They have not announced anything as it won’t be official until its official. Cliff notes version of thread speculation & announcements on these subjects...
Timeline:
They seem to be pushing to have something for end of this year, although that will likely just be additional and more finalized prototypes. I’m personally thinking sometime next year for those of us wanting to take one home.
Pricing:
Nothing has really even been speculated about price yet other than some merchandise for sale. Translight purchase got some of us to the front of line for purchase of the game when it does come out. I can’t foresee any real surprises with pricing. There’s a lot on the new game market right now and it is probably going to be competitive.

Thanks, following now.

1 month later
#632 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just wish they had gone with a traditional DMD shape rather than a smaller rectangular DMD shape on a square LCD for Kingpin. I was super-excited it was being re-done, but that one thing makes it a no-buy for me because the aesthetic is bad.

LOL. I forgot, you are more about looks than how the pins plays. I hope it plays awesome!

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that's it. You got me. How'd you get so smart?

Your posting history!

6 months later
#707 3 years ago

Good luck and patiently waiting!

1 year later
#865 2 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Hello Flynibus. Happy to see you too. I’m happy you come here and defends the project with your translite ... oops sorry, do you have one?
That say it all. You talk and you talk and ... you know everything. (Like always).
Note: i have never been a Jpop fan... WTF?!?
Please give us a feedback on the project, I would change my mind right away.
I don’t have timeline. There have never been any timeline. So what about we are in 2031 and we continue this chat, am I allowed Flynibus to say anything if there is still no progress? I might ask you before posting next time.
They do have a life, I do also and so are you.
There are more important things than pinball in life: for that, we agree! Finally!
So be it

You act like they owe you something.. Do they? What $$$ have you sent them?

6 months later
#922 2 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

I feel they might have missed the boat by taking too long. Some great games being released right now:
- Alien
- Godzilla
- Cactus Canyon
And there is supposed to be another run of EHOH some time in 2022.
That's 4 killer games.
While I was interested, I have to admit, the above titles hold more interest.

Are people actually putting deposits down on this game? Deeproot was not that long ago.

9 months later
#1049 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:Got some infos but don’t hold your breath.
There is still no manufacturing contract none partnership for now.
A manufacturer is interested (guess who) and a discussion has been started but it stayed like this and that’s it. They need to start over the chat at an expo, if it will ever happen. They are not focused on that whatsoever because they want/prefer (i guess) do things themselves for some reasons and maybe keep the control over the project or maybe, they are just not ready.
If it stays like this, they have several more years of development (according to them, and we can believe it). They just got the original films from a private collector 2 weeks ago from nederlands who contacted them (thanks to him ! ) so I guess they’ll need to start over some of the work they have done already but it’s still a good thing.
Almost 5 years after, it still look like they were in the beginning of this dev. I understand building a pinball is hard. I can’t imagine this will go to the end without any solid partnership and/or someone taking over IMO but we’ll see. Since it’s really hard to get any solid infos because there is no more channel of communication (Pinside is avoided), this will be not be known after a while I guess.
This project was supposed to finance the PC project, so the PC project is still behind all this.

Seriously with all the tech and these games coming out nowadays would KP even be on the radar? If they said they were shipping them next week how much would you all be willing to pay?

2 months later
#1081 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I have mine for some month now ... you are late
[quoted image]

Thats amazing! I dont fully know the history of these games, but I know they are super rare.

How many of each were made?

#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Truly amazing. Because he built them.
LTG : )

From parts, or he is "Gene"?

#1099 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Truly amazing. Because he built them.
LTG : )

From parts, or he is "Gene"?

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This is covered extensively and definitively in the Gene Cunningham thread.
Williams tried making Big Bang Bar. And one of the Capcom Big Bang Bar’s was lost in a fire (Gene’s)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/artifacts-of-gene-cunningham-illinois-pinball
I still don’t believe Gene actually lost his, the fire was an attempted insurance scam. I’d bet he sold it and had some spare cabinet and some metal as his proof. Who’s gonna know?

That one he built is from parts and materials he made himself. Gene died a few years ago.

Point 1. Interesting and I have read part of that thread. I should finish it.

Point 2. Tom is badass!! Is there a thread on these builds???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.