3CCE1E5D-6D0C-40AC-A41E-134BAA3FCB23.gif
EB3AAF44-9D54-49D7-97E2-D3A5477D373A (resized).jpeg
1D778A70-1C9F-40DC-820A-8074DFD5A9D8 (resized).jpeg
4C95C47D-52CF-43EC-AC40-2829CC946380 (resized).jpeg
A1C57DA9-7DD5-4997-9688-67D584209F6F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Compy (6 years ago)

Post #162 New display prototype solution for DMD from TPF. Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#283 5 years ago

Really enjoyed watching some of the stream, the guy that played a huge game before Steve Ritchie stepped up has some great ball control. Can't wait to see this game remade.

10 months later
#468 5 years ago

Thanks for posting the video. A little bit of new information. Enjoyed listening to Stan speak about his time at Capcom. Hoping they will share some more detailed information soon in regard to their progress and when production will start.

1 month later
#513 4 years ago

I hope Eric has the job to do the color dots!

1 year later
#774 3 years ago

It really is a shame, for what looks like a great game. Hopefully someone from Circus Maximus will provide an update or reasoning as to why it's not going ahead. I bought the translite and hoped to own a game, but that doesn't look it will happen unfortunately. It's been a very long time without any progress being spoken about.

7 months later
#898 2 years ago

Awesome. Really hope the Circus boys pull this off and remakes become available. Lots of interest when they were providing updates. Nothing from James or Paul in a long time now. Hopefully the project isn't dead in the water and they're still progressing.

4 months later
#931 2 years ago

It would be good to get some closure from those that were involved in process, that it's no longer happening. Surely after all this time if there was anything meaningful to show for their efforts, it would be known. I wonder what the stumbling block was in the end? Lack of knowledge, skill, materials, manufacturing, reproducing mechs or boards?

6 months later
#991 1 year ago

Must be dead in the water, unfortunately. Makes no sense to have been silent for all this time.

5 months later
#1076 1 year ago

Whilst it's their business and their right when to provide public comment, surely a statement after all these years is appropriate? It would certainly be appreciated. Either it will happen and this is where we are, or we've struck a deadend and will no longer be manufacturing this game. Hopefully it's the former. Could it possibly be CGC'S next title?

1 month later
#1117 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Now I don’t want to spread rumors or speak on behalf of anyone, so I will be as vague as possible.
After some discussion, that Knapp arcade article makes perfect sense, and is totally understandable. Hindsight is 20/20; whenever Kingpin does get produced, we will definitely look back and understand what happened here.
I can also understand why they wouldn’t announce anything, because it all sounds easy but it isn’t. It’s a lot of little things. Look at some famous/infamous video game releases that have been ruined by delays and poor updates. It’s better to say nothing and delay your product to make it perfect, rather than to continually make promises you can’t keep and totally disillusion your customers.
Consider that nobody has ever made reproduction Capcom mechs EVER, and all the big parts guys say there is no money in it.
Do you reproduce Capcom parts to an extremely limited market, or do you switch to standard Williams/Stern mechs which will probably piss some people off but save A TON of money?
At the very least the Kingpin remake isn’t dead. Hopefully we get an update soon

So you actually know something after speaking to someone in the know/involved in the project? Or is this just all theorizing, drawing parallels where they may, or may not be accurate?

#1123 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Really interesting read Tom. I beleive you’re one of Capcom best expert now (with LTG maybe)
For the record, I offerered my help for the sofware (for free of course) and didn’t get any return. I don’t know if there is any plan for a new one, I hope it does. Regarding the booting time, totan new soft. take less than 7s to boot in total and the HD version 10s so I think it’s still possible to acheive and we can still compete with old sofware performance.
I still hope this will be remade one day. The fact that reproducing the Capcom mech is complicated and is not something new. I hope they will figure out solutions.
I prefer real mech for the slot too and RGB led for the screen (instead of an LCD for an old fashioned display).
I found back this article and I thought Kingpin liker could be interested : an interview of Mark Ritchie about the game: the plan was to remove the time mode ![quoted image]

Having the Timer or Timed gameplay mode sounds like it would be a great challenge, especially for home use. If the game is remade, hopefully this version of the software will remain an option to play.

1 month later
#1128 1 year ago

Bring it on! I've been looking forward to playing & hopefully one day owning a Kingpin. Hopefully this time around it will become a reality.

#1133 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Oh boy... I love Alien and still wish to play TBL, but those games also have their own special set of challenges... really hoping they don’t try to completely reinvent this game and turn it into a disaster.

Great point and well said. If this is going to happen, please make it faithful to the original design.

An ability to select between original & an extended code set would be great. But please don't reinvent the game to be something else.

I'd instantly sign up to buy the game as originally designed, modify it significantly and I'll wait to see what the game is before parting with any cash.

1 month later
#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

A vectorized playfield, plastics and decals are already finished[quoted image]

Looks great, so what next, game production?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here?tu=Pinballer73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.