3CCE1E5D-6D0C-40AC-A41E-134BAA3FCB23.gif
EB3AAF44-9D54-49D7-97E2-D3A5477D373A (resized).jpeg
1D778A70-1C9F-40DC-820A-8074DFD5A9D8 (resized).jpeg
4C95C47D-52CF-43EC-AC40-2829CC946380 (resized).jpeg
A1C57DA9-7DD5-4997-9688-67D584209F6F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Compy (6 years ago)

Post #162 New display prototype solution for DMD from TPF. Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That'd be great, except that once it's to engineering sample IT'S TOO LATE and we're stuck with it.

FYI: About 200 engineering samples of Cirqus Voltaire were made before changes were applied and regular production began.

1 year later
#477 4 years ago

Agreed the translite is fantastic but I mostly bought it to get in line for the Kingpin machine. (#34 here)
And it will go well with my other Fukuoka artwork.

zzzz20190427_054026 (resized).jpgzzzz20190427_054026 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#496 4 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

For instance, the snake between the flippers really didn't work as intended now that we tested that out on the whitewood vs the original. The snake was an important part for Python, so the snake will likely be repurposed elsewhere in the game. Most likely as a kickback in an outlane or something.

PERFECT! What a brilliant solution to the games only flaw from a playing perspective. Well done, Team Maximus.

1 month later
#559 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I remember when jokes were funny.
Lloyd

Come on Lloyd. It's hysterically funny!
(Now that I've removed my down vote)

#568 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Just like when that guy from JJP was fired and leaked the next three game titles on Pinside. Or that guy that had left the company building The Big Lebowski and still threw that huge party at Expo with company money according to posts here that was supposed to go to building games.
HaHaHa. You are right Kim. It's a fucking hoot !

Lloyd. I fell for it too and originally down voted Compy. I changed it after the reveal.
I was making fun of both of us.

1 year later
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

one thing for sure; 2020 has been maximum bullshit

zzz125950628_10218297435215842_8478336836260837808_n (resized).jpgzzz125950628_10218297435215842_8478336836260837808_n (resized).jpg
6 months later
#804 2 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

It’s was about a « remake » of Capcom so here it’s also like a virtual table or any delays you could get with a emulator

Come on, you're just making that up and you know it. Total crap.

Quoted from Warzard:

but at the end, the game will not be the same as BBB remake with the same boards, parts and so on.

I don't care.

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

cool down... and yes there are difference with time response time with flippers with emulations.
just check this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-s-time-to-talk-about-cgc-remake-flippers-
here we have emulation AND the use WMS flippers (pretty much everything iw WMS). First thing first, there is no Kingpin yet and might never will be. So let's see if it happen to restart this discussion but I don't think I'm the only one sensible with this even if I could go for it anyway, I just don't ignore it, that's it.
The budget is coming from their own money and solutions has to be done to make this project feasible. This cannot be compared with IPB as well.

I understand your point of view but this is not CGC and you're comparing apples to non-existing oranges right now. Nothing wrong with you being a critic but maybe you should step back a bit. Read the following quotes from Compy.

Quoted from Compy:

We can run the emulation on a Raspberry Pi pretty easily without any system lag. We're using a fairly beefy PC setup right now (compared to other single board computers) for rapid iteration of different ideas and such. Once the tech stack is finalized and we've got a pretty good baseline down, we'll start wrenching down on optimizations for the hardware set and target compute cost that we're trying to achieve.

Quoted from Compy:

I developed the emulation bridge to the P-ROC that allows you to run the latest original Capcom Kingpin code on P3-ROC hardware, which is how this game runs. The original Capcom boards had a custom ASIC that was generally the issue with production. Most other components on the boards were standard. Due to lack of availability and advancements in technology, it made sense to redesign the system. I can confirm that BBB also runs on our platform.

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

I don’t know what you eat or if you have any personnal grudge against me and it’s fine.

I don't have a grudge against you and I certainly didn't mean to come off that way..........Wait, what???

Quoted from Warzard:

Anyway I will close the debate with wishing the best for you and this project.

Sincere best wishes to you also.

#818 2 years ago

Warning! Speculation and personal guess alert:

I'm hoping they have reached an agreement with American Pinball or CGC or some other manufacture and they're proceeding in secret until a proper reveal day.

9 months later
#982 2 years ago

I hope its true. I intend to support them on both machines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here?tu=Mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.