pasted_imageKP20 (resized).png
DBC21B7F-7A3F-434F-8692-53A245D0791B (resized).jpeg
3CCE1E5D-6D0C-40AC-A41E-134BAA3FCB23.gif
EB3AAF44-9D54-49D7-97E2-D3A5477D373A (resized).jpeg
1D778A70-1C9F-40DC-820A-8074DFD5A9D8 (resized).jpeg
4C95C47D-52CF-43EC-AC40-2829CC946380 (resized).jpeg
A1C57DA9-7DD5-4997-9688-67D584209F6F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

Great news, can’t wait for the update.
I was in line for the Gene Cunningham kingpin a little over 10 years back. People that bought the BBB were able to sign up. Anyway, I have been going through my old files and found the original Gene sign up sheet for kingpin. Haha, just some history here. As we know, this game never got built back then. I have a spot picked out in my game room for the new version.
I am number 158 and no chance I will back out on this pin.
[quoted image]

Found one of those sign up sheets from Gene as well. He kept saying something about, “When pigs will fly..” Gene had a bunch of stuff everywhere and I was kinda skeptical, but I was willing to see what could become of it all.
Wish production and tech information from the Circus Maximus team regarding Kingpin was monthly with pics, but I’m sure they have a bunch of other things going on and can get sidetracked.

Hoping to purchase Kingin in 2019.
kingpin (resized).pngkingpin (resized).png

1 week later
#402 5 years ago

Anybody ever get an update a yet?

#403 5 years ago

Not really. No Pricing, No ETA, No monthly update.
Radio Silence is not causing the best feeling, I learned while waiting for Predator. But here we all can be relaxed, that's the huge difference.

#404 5 years ago

Anxiously awaiting news ..

#405 5 years ago

Not sure I really agree with the "radio silence" comment as I've been pretty active in this thread. Ten days ago I confirmed our trip in December to Chicago was Kingpin related. But I agree there hasn't been an official update email sent recently.

I'm sure you can all appreciate that while we are discussing agreements with potential manufacturing partners that we can't really give a whole lot of details until things are signed. And we'd rather not just send out a newsletter with mostly just an announcement of some new swag or something.

We are still moving everything forward towards the goal line. Recent progress:

1) Kingpin trademark becoming a Circus Maximus property. This was part of our agreement with PPS and we are awaiting final paperwork to move through the trademark office.
2) Working on getting more ramps pulled off the original thermoforming tooling for the Kingpin ramps (remember we own that tool) and creating a CNC fixture for processing those ramps.
3) Building additional prototype games has begun.

Believe me, I'd love to shout from the mountain some of the stuff we are working on, but sometimes it's just not possible or responsible to do so.

Paul

#406 5 years ago

It'd be cool to hear about the progress on 2.0, though no specifics need to be divulged.

Don't need to necessarily talk about the hush hush contractual stuff.

Personally, I hope AP get the contract. Regardless of what you think of their games, they make very solid products at a competitive price and give first class support. I also talked to someone who's visited their existing facilities, and seen photos of the new one ... they seemed pretty confident it was going to be a big step up.

#407 5 years ago

Will you guys be at TPF again?

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Literally, just back one page.

Quoted from pkiefert:

We will be at TPF again this year, so you will have a chance to play at least one.
Paul

#409 5 years ago

Is Compy / jimmy still on the Kingpin pinball project?
I swear after playing his restored Wizard Blocks last TPF, he knows what’s up in pinball and how to get things done.
Really enjoyed that Wizard Blocks. Thx.

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Is compy / jimmy still on the Kingpin pinball project?

Absolutely. He's a key part of this three ring circus we call Circus Maximus.

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yep. It's one of our favorite shows!

1 month later
#412 5 years ago

Anybody here anything on this lately anxiously awaiting some info it’s been a long time since we got an update?

#413 5 years ago

I’m hoping for a nice color display, LEDs,
Similar to AFMLE/MBRLE not a Spooky
Jetsons !

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’m hoping for a nice color display, LEDs,
Similar to AFMLE/MBRLE not a Spooky
Jetsons !

I’m hoping to purchase Kingpin NIB in 2019.
Will that happen and who’s making it?

#415 5 years ago

Less than a month before more update at TPF 2019

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I’m hoping to purchase Kingpin NIB in 2019.

I firmly believe that there will be NIB Kingpin appearing in 2019.

That said, unless you are on the waitlist (which is a no obligation spot you get when purchasing a signed translite), you'll have a long line in front of you before they become available to the general public.

Paul

#417 5 years ago

I'm all in Paul! # 6 I believe but lost my translite lol . Ok maybe misplaced is a better word. This is one of my dream pins for theme and game play! Good luck to you both and can't wait to see this at TPF

#418 5 years ago

#227 here... I'm still all in here as well.

See you at TPF, Paul!

1 week later
#419 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I firmly believe that there will be NIB Kingpin appearing in 2019.
That said, unless you are on the waitlist (which is a no obligation spot you get when purchasing a signed translite), you'll have a long line in front of you before they become available to the general public.
Paul

Translite purchased. Awesome news!

#420 5 years ago

less than 2 weeks before TPF

1 week later
#421 5 years ago

#198, Can I get chrome trim and a topper with that ! Who ever is lucky enough to attend Texas show be sure to post pics and updates

Thanks

#422 5 years ago

Any news on this game at the Texas show ??!?

#423 5 years ago

Someone watched the seminar on twitch?

#424 5 years ago

Did anybody take video of the King Pin at TPF? Only seen one pic so far. The new display looked great.

#425 5 years ago

Kingpin info TPF seminar. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/400129332

#426 5 years ago

Sadly the tilt bob wasn’t installed and the game was played pretty hard all show (like cringe-worthy hard the few times I saw it). Hope it survived.

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from TheJerol:

Sadly the tilt bob wasn’t installed and the game was played pretty hard all show (like cringe-worthy hard the few times I saw it). Hope it survived.

She survived and is playing quite well!

(Paul smoked a board though)

#428 5 years ago

Any chance of Kingpin making an appearance at Pinfest in Allentown this May? Never saw one in person.

#429 5 years ago

Or midwest gaming classic?

#430 5 years ago

I played this at Free Play Florida this past November and it was awesome. Looking forward to this hitting the market.

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from Badamack:

Or midwest gaming classic?

We will definitely be at MGC in a couple weeks, so make sure to stop by, play the game as much as you want and say hi!

-- Jimmy

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I played this at Free Play Florida this past November and it was awesome. Looking forward to this hitting the market.

Thanks a ton! We hope players are having as much fun playing the game as we are building it.

Quoted from TheJerol:

Sadly the tilt bob wasn’t installed and the game was played pretty hard all show

Oh, forgot to mention, there is a tilt bug in the software that I have to fix, which is why there wasn't a tilt bob. Hopefully we can get a fix in place here before MGC to keep you death save fanatics at bay

#433 5 years ago

@compy, I watched the TPF seminar onlilne, but I did not hear a mention of the price. Have that figured out?

The game played great at TPF.

#434 5 years ago

Will there be an appearance at Replay FX in Pittsburgh this Summer?

#435 5 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

Any chance of Kingpin making an appearance at Pinfest in Allentown this May? Never saw one in person.

Small chance. I know James is talking to Ivan about it. Probably only 50/50 chance at this point since we did TPF, and MGC is in a couple weeks and Allentown is a couple weeks after that.

Paul

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

compy, I watched the TPF seminar onlilne, but I did not hear a mention of the price. Have that figured out?
The game played great at TPF.

Since we are still hammering out details with potential manufacturing partners, final pricing hasn't been determined and won't be until an agreement is in place. But, I can say that we expect it to be less than the last one that we heard of selling for $60k.

A lot less...

#437 5 years ago

You guys need to come to pinfest please give the east coast some love guys
King pin owner #116 here

#438 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

You guys need to come to pinfest please give the east coast some love guys

That's the main reason we are considering Pinfest as we know we haven't been up in the Northeast area with the game yet.

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

That's the main reason we are considering Pinfest as we know we haven't been up in the Northeast area with the game yet.

I can confirm your crazy drive will be far easier to come to allentown than it was for TPF

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I can confirm your crazy drive will be far easier to come to allentown than it was for TPF

What's crazy to me is that it's basically the same distance, ie: around 12-13 hours. But with it being a Friday/Saturday show that at least gives us Sunday to get back home instead of driving through the night like we did from TPF.

Paul

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

What's crazy to me is that it's basically the same distance, ie: around 12-13 hours. But with it being a Friday/Saturday show that at least gives us Sunday to get back home instead of driving through the night like we did from TPF.
Paul

You encountered some crazy storms too then, I also drove through the night getting back. Weather was pretty rough on top of the all night road trip. Made for a fun evening for sure, glad I don't have to do that too often.

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Since we are still hammering out details with potential manufacturing partners, final pricing hasn't been determined and won't be until an agreement is in place. But, I can say that we expect it to be less than the last one that we heard of selling for $60k.
A lot less...

Thank you. I'm just trying to keep current on the details.

#443 5 years ago

#45 here. Can't wait for an update on manufacturing.

#444 5 years ago

I attended the seminar. There were some nuggets that struck me as noteworthy and exciting, but I don't know if any of this is cast in concrete...

- It sounded to me like dots colorization will be available in the initial release (either built-in, or as something you can add, possibly from an external vendor).
- It sounded to me like the Hotel Lex might use an LCD instead of mechanical reels. At first I was lukewarm on that idea, but not any more. An LCD opens up intriguing possibilities for enhancing the game.
- It sounded to me like the translite and/or cabinet artwork will be improved (in the initial release).

I was secretly hoping to hear a "blockbuster" announcement about a manufacturing partner, but that hasn't happened yet

#445 5 years ago

Hey Paul, thanks for coming to our seminar!

Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

It sounded to me like dots colorization will be available in the initial release (either built-in, or as something you can add, possibly from an external vendor).

Correct. This is currently being worked out. Nothing set in stone yet, depends on peoples' availability to get the dots colored and coming to an agreement.

It sounded to me like the Hotel Lex might use an LCD instead of mechanical reels. At first I was lukewarm on that idea, but not any more. An LCD opens up intriguing possibilities for enhancing the game.

Believe it or not, I was luke warm to it initially as well. I love the mechanical reels as much if not more than anyone else, however after messing with some mockups, I agree that this can really be an enhancement to the game in a much more interactive way compared to the physical reel set (only used in a mode or two).

It sounded to me like the translite and/or cabinet artwork will be improved (in the initial release).

Correct. For some improvements, we're talking minor color updates and tweaks to emphasize some of the elements that are easily lost in the translite art, and to eliminate the drabness from the color of the cabinet.

For much farther reaching deviations, we're looking to see whether or not some old Chicago Kingpin art that was commissioned from Dave Christensen could fit into its own package.

I was secretly hoping to hear a "blockbuster" announcement about a manufacturing partner, but that hasn't happened yet

You and us both! Sadly, we don't want to make any announcements until things are set in stone, much like we did with the trademarks. Too many empty promises from previous attempts by others, so we're dotting our I's and crossing our T's. Not only are we trying to find *a* manufacturer, but we're trying to find the *right* one.

While we were at TPF, we all spoke as a team about being more forthcoming with updates, including photos, videos, etc. We know a lot of people love to go on the journey with us, and love the historical aspects of something like this, so we'll try our best to deliver there. Unfortunately, some parts (contract negotiations with licensors, MFGs, suppliers, etc) aren't really that exciting.

More to come!
-- Jimmy

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Believe it or not, I was luke warm to it initially as well. I love the mechanical reels as much if not more than anyone else, however after messing with some mockups, I agree that this can really be an enhancement to the game in a much more interactive way compared to the physical reel set (only used in a mode or two).

I enjoyed the seminar on line... As for the pokie reel, I did take a moment to think about it, and I am leaning towards agreeing that an LCD would be worthwhile. It is a lot of space for what I think is a single mode. In fact, in my Kingpin build ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-big-city-kid ), I don't even have it in place at all, and the mode it is used in still completes!

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

We will definitely be at MGC in a couple weeks, so make sure to stop by, play the game as much as you want and say hi!
-- Jimmy

Appreciate the updates to the project from you and Paul, especially for those like myself who are overseas and cannot attend shows.

Cannot wait until #88 gets called up.

#448 5 years ago

Thank you for the info. Waiting patiently for #176. I'm not in a rush.

1 week later
#449 5 years ago

So I take it the translites are not being shipped in chronological order? Mine arrived today and it was #217.

It was good to hold it in my hands and realize this hasn't been a dream all this time.

#450 5 years ago

Wonder when we will ever get another update it’s been several months since the last one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here/page/9?hl=badamack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.