pasted_imageKP20 (resized).png
DBC21B7F-7A3F-434F-8692-53A245D0791B (resized).jpeg
3CCE1E5D-6D0C-40AC-A41E-134BAA3FCB23.gif
EB3AAF44-9D54-49D7-97E2-D3A5477D373A (resized).jpeg
1D778A70-1C9F-40DC-820A-8074DFD5A9D8 (resized).jpeg
4C95C47D-52CF-43EC-AC40-2829CC946380 (resized).jpeg
A1C57DA9-7DD5-4997-9688-67D584209F6F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 25.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Dont forget cutout coaster,hat/cap and tshirt/polo

We had some polo's at TPF, but only made 12, mostly for the team. They will be on the website shortly though as we are making another batch. Hats are also on their way, probably due next week or so.

Crappy photo of the polo we made below. Color of the shirt approximates the Kingpin Cabinet color.

PoloShirt (resized).jpegPoloShirt (resized).jpeg

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

These are good questions. My background is with the P-ROC line of control systems from Multimorphic. We don't just talk about open architecture in pinball, we invented the very concept of it as it applies to this industry.
Anything that makes sense to keep open that won't piss third parties off will be kept open. Right now we're running stock ROM images, so yes, theoretically you could swap them out. Of course you do that at your own risk.
The source code might not be open source, but the architecture itself is completely available. Of course, for example, if we ended up using PinMAME for the core emulation, we'd open source the emulator as per the license agreement.
I have a unique experience as it pertains to open source licensing, and we'll make sure we do right by you, our customers, and the open source community whose shoulders we stand on.

Can you reveal who the licensor is for KingPin?

#253 6 years ago

Sold out!
Congrats guys

F8A5A28A-2A16-4986-9C83-1D71839D8CB7 (resized).pngF8A5A28A-2A16-4986-9C83-1D71839D8CB7 (resized).png

#254 6 years ago

that's awesome. I'm glad they got them sold. I imagine most will be buyers of the game (including myself)

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sold out!
Congrats guys

Well, not really. We just paused them as we still have a bunch of them to ship and didn't feel it was right to keep taking orders until we get those shipped.

We thought we'd have a bunch left from TPF to ship to those that ordered online, but in reality it sold much brisker than we thought and now we are waiting on the next batch to be signed and returned to us which should happen late next week or early the week after.

After all the existing orders ship we will verify exactly how many are left and open up the sales again for immediate shipment.

Paul

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Well, not really. We just paused them as we still have a bunch of them to ship and didn't feel it was right to keep taking orders until we get those shipped.
We thought we'd have a bunch left from TPF to ship to those that ordered online, but in reality it sold much brisker than we thought and now we are waiting on the next batch to be signed and returned to us which should happen late next week or early the week after.
After all the existing orders ship we will verify exactly how many are left and open up the sales again for immediate shipment.
Paul

Thanks for the update, I ordered my Translite within minutes of the email you guys sent out to everyone on your email list.. I am curious what number I got

#258 6 years ago

Very excited to get mine

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thanks for the update, I ordered my Translite within minutes of the email you guys sent out to everyone on your email list.. I am curious what number I got

My understanding is that the first 20 were sold in advance, 21-55? were sold at TPF, and 56- on for online sales?

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My understanding is that the first 20 were sold in advance, 21-55? were sold at TPF, and 56- on for online sales?

I got number 67 at the show

#261 6 years ago

From what I read, people who bought the translites will be contacted when they are ready to go into production for the games. That's correct?

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

From what I read, people who bought the translites will be contacted when they are ready to go into production for the games. That's correct?

If your translite number is 60 say and all the people with translite numbers before that take up their option to buy a game, then you will have the option to purchase the 60th game off the production line. If 5 people before you don't take up their option to buy a game, then you will be able to buy the 55th game made.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

We had some polo's at TPF, but only made 12, mostly for the team. They will be on the website shortly though as we are making another batch. Hats are also on their way, probably due next week or so.
Crappy photo of the polo we made below. Color of the shirt approximates the Kingpin Cabinet color.

Nice,i will wait that you put all your stuff for sale on your site for order my package (polo,key,hat,etc)

#264 6 years ago

Tommy and I were honored to be joined by Paul and Jimmy last night to talk Kingpin. A lot of what we discussed was covered at TPF, but there are some additional tidbits and clarification on some stuff from their seminar. I did my best to edit it down to the nuts and bolts of what they have to share so not one of our regular longwinded episodes you have grown to love.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/flippinus-maximus_124987

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 3.39.59 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-03-23 at 3.39.59 PM (resized).png

#265 6 years ago

Let us know when sales on the translites start up again, looking to get one. Got a grin when I seen the plastic on the left side of the playfield that had the flower shop, wonder who else gets it.

#266 6 years ago

Got to play this Kingpin at a private event last night it was a blast.

A lot more fun factor than most machines today. The sound, voices, and humor are timeless and more creative than any new pin.

Good shots and great rules. The art is better in person too.

The guys did a great job putting it together. Can’t wait for it!

You can now call me Boss of Bosses.

#267 6 years ago

Can somebody take some pictures of the playfield .... Please .... Would love hi def shots ...

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Can somebody take some pictures of the playfield

There are some here - http://ssbilliards.com/KingPin/index.html

LTG : )

2 weeks later
#269 6 years ago

TTT

#270 6 years ago

If you can sell more?
Why not make more ?

So is game production limited as well ?

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

If you can sell more?
Why not make more ?

Where was that? The only numbers I’ve seen is the limited translights sales to hold a spot at the front of the line but that doesn’t have any correlation to the number of games they plan to or will build as far as I’ve heard.

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

If you can sell more?
Why not make more ?

My understanding after talking with James at TPF is that their intention is to sell as many games as people want to buy. Purchasing the numbered translite puts you on the list for the first production games.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

My understanding after talking with James at TPF is that their intention is to sell as many games as people want to buy. Purchasing the numbered translite puts you on the list for the first production games.

Thats what I heard there too. For now I’m just trying to figure out the best way to display the translight on the wall.

#275 6 years ago

I'm number 99 but still havnt recieved it yet....

#276 6 years ago

#122 here and really looking forward to a KP in the line up

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

SAD Dave Christensen LE backglass that doesn't match the existing style at ALL. Wrong "King Pin" naming carried to the proto LE cabinet art.

That kinda looks like a young Liberace dressed as a showgirl getting frisky with Burt Reynolds.

#278 6 years ago

I'm #140, nothing received yet...

#279 6 years ago

I recieced my Email saying that they have shipped!! I'm number 99 and I believe they shipped upto #104ish

1 month later
#281 5 years ago

Got mine a few weeks back, #176.

#282 5 years ago

Thanks for posting. Looks like its playing great. Kingpin has the best dots I've ever seen.

#283 5 years ago

Really enjoyed watching some of the stream, the guy that played a huge game before Steve Ritchie stepped up has some great ball control. Can't wait to see this game remade.

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I believe the archive of our presentation can be viewed here:
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/239783818
Our part starts at about 5:00 in. I think it also has two presentation after ours. We only ramble on for an hour or so.

link is no good . . .

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

link is no good . . .

Looks like it ended. I'm checking it out now, try this: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/271256842

#286 5 years ago

Having watched that, I'm pretty confident Kingpin 2.0 has way more potential than BBBr.

Flow's great, and there's so much they could do with it.

For the original game code, I do hope they colour the DMD, even if they don't do anything else. Great animations.

Quoted from Pinballer73:

Really enjoyed watching some of the stream, the guy that played a huge game before Steve Ritchie stepped up has some great ball control. Can't wait to see this game remade.

Skipnatty was the player. He seems to do very well on flow games. He's to be seen streaming DI / GoT / Met on https://www.twitch.tv/pinballundesirables and games on https://www.twitch.tv/skipnatty

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Having watched that, I'm pretty confident Kingpin 2.0 has way more potential than BBBr.
Flow's great, and there's so much they could do with it.
For the original game code, I do hope they colour the DMD, even if they don't do anything else. Great animations.

skipnatty was the player. He seems to do very well on flow games. He's to be seen streaming DI / GoT / Met on https://www.twitch.tv/pinballundesirables and games on https://www.twitch.tv/skipnatty

While I love my BBB, the experience with KP has shown me that it is every bit as good a game. Very different. I consider it the best shot map layout I have played for flow, and the ramps are amazingly well placed.

#288 5 years ago

Kingpin question?? How many games are being built ? Can I buy one ?

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Send a PM to pkiefert and he'll let you know all the details. And I'm sure you can buy one.

LTG : )

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Looks like it ended. I'm checking it out now, try this: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/271256842

thanks for that

#291 5 years ago

Just an FYI, I’ll get to everyone’s PMs tomorrow evening after we get back home from SFGE. I’m not ignoring you, just running on fumes from being at the show this weekend.

Paul

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

As many as they can sell, I think. From what they said at TPF, it'll be a full production game, unlike Pinball Circus.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

As many as they can sell, I think. From what they said at TPF, it'll be a full production game, unlike Pinball Circus.

I'm confused ... Did they produce Pinball Circus? Thought it was not done? Hoping Kingpin gets produced!
Would love to see video of game play that's not broken up into so many windows... Any body have a better link to gameplay video?

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I'm confused ... Did they produce Pinball Circus? Thought it was not done? Hoping Kingpin gets produced!

The paraphased version is... they tabled their work on Pinball Circus to focus on Kingpin which will be a much more producable game with wider appeal. They intend to go back to Pinball Circus and continue their promise to Python.. but it was such a specialized project that required so much custom work.

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The paraphased version is... they tabled their work on Pinball Circus to focus on Kingpin which will be a much more producable game with wider appeal. They intend to go back to Pinball Circus and continue their promise to Python.. but it was such a specialized project that required so much custom work.

This is the gist of it. The first Python's Pinball Circus whitewood is considered complete and it helped us identify several issues that need to be corrected in order to make it the "Greatest Pinball Show on Earth" that Python wanted it to be.

And since it's not a game that would fit on any traditional pinball machine assembly line, we temporarily switched gears to Kingpin, a project that can get to production much quicker and help give us the resources to finish Python's Pinball Circus.

You will likely see the second whitewood for Python's Pinball Circus start showing up at shows again early next year.

Paul

#296 5 years ago

Number 196 ,Thanks for the info
Like to see color lcd screen ?

#297 5 years ago

Thank you to everyone that came out to SFGE this past weekend and played the game and then voted for us in the Best in Show awards.

While a bit of a stretch to call it a “Custom” game, the attendees of this years Southern-Fried Gaming Expo chose Kingpin as the Best In Show Custom Game.

I guess we can start calling it “The Award Winning Kingpin” now.

I believe last years winner of this award at SFGE was Spooky Pinball and Scott with TNA, and if we are half as successful as they are with TNA, our next year will be quite amazing.

Thanks again to everyone who stopped by our booth and played the game, bought some swag, or chatted with us about the project!

We now have less than 50 of the translites available that also give you the option to be among the first to purchase a production game. You can learn more here: http://www.circusmaximusgames.com/product/kingpin-signed-limited-edition-translite

Paul

IMG_1270 (resized).JPGIMG_1270 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#298 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Thank you to everyone that came out to SFGE this past weekend and played the game and then voted for us in the Best in Show awards.
While a bit of a stretch to call it a “Custom” game, the attendees of this years Southern-Fried Gaming Expo chose Kingpin as the Best In Show Custom Game.
I guess we can start calling it “The Award Winning Kingpin” now.
I believe last years winner of this award at SFGE was Spooky Pinball and Scott with TNA, and if we are half as successful as they are with TNA, our next year will be quite amazing.
Thanks again to everyone who stopped by our booth and played the game, bought some swag, or chatted with us about the project!
We now have less than 50 of the translites available that also give you the option to be among the first to purchase a production game. You can learn more here: http://www.circusmaximusgames.com/product/kingpin-signed-limited-edition-translite
Paul

Congrats on the award!

#299 5 years ago

Really enjoyed playing this at SFGE. Easy to shoot cool theme. Only thing I’d change is that the backbox has “KINGPIN” displayed 3 times - topper, trans, the monitor surround. Not a huge deterrent but seemed repetitious

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Only thing I’d change is that the backbox has “KINGPIN” displayed 3 times - topper, trans, the monitor surround. Not a huge deterrent but seemed repetitious

That topper isn't part of the production. It was there to just bring attention to the machine and to give a little information about it's history.

But yes, it is a little redundant having it on the display and the translite. The display part was only done recently to try and fill in some of the space on the LCD when playing the 1996 roms. Recently as in a couple days before the show.

Just wait until you play the updated code that fills the whole screen with high res graphics and you'll see why it's got a full LCD on the game.

Paul

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here/page/6?hl=lpierrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.