pasted_imageKP20 (resized).png
DBC21B7F-7A3F-434F-8692-53A245D0791B (resized).jpeg
3CCE1E5D-6D0C-40AC-A41E-134BAA3FCB23.gif
EB3AAF44-9D54-49D7-97E2-D3A5477D373A (resized).jpeg
1D778A70-1C9F-40DC-820A-8074DFD5A9D8 (resized).jpeg
4C95C47D-52CF-43EC-AC40-2829CC946380 (resized).jpeg
A1C57DA9-7DD5-4997-9688-67D584209F6F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 25.
#951 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Is it possible that King Pin was set to go at one of the manufacturers, but being they ( manufacturer) are so behind it can't be done at the time being.

Hoping so ... all they have to do is an update... all of are use to delays , but no news is the worst they could do ...again was really looking forward to the remakes of the 2 games they had planned

#952 2 years ago

We have not heard from anyone about the project I’m pretty sure that it is dead in the water

#953 2 years ago

I have heard a rumour that the name KINGPIN has been registered with a different manufacturer..

#954 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I have heard a rumour that the name KINGPIN has been registered with a different manufacturer..

Who was manufacturing this before? I thought they never found a builder, hence the stall?

#955 2 years ago

:DCapcom…

#957 2 years ago

Not sure how to check IP’s but if someone knows take a look.

It might be CGC..

#958 2 years ago

Never know maybe they cut a deal and signed a non disclosure statement

#959 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Terrible game made by terrible people with terrible intentions.
They spent all the pre-order money, and I bet they don't even have the license.
</sarcasm>

Well I guess this was TRUE two years ago.
Any info guys?

Compy pkiefert

#960 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Who was manufacturing this before?

https://www.circusmaximusgames.com/ was working on Kingpin to fund Python's Pinball Circus machine. Facebook page hasn't been updated since January 26, 2020.

Last I heard they spoke with several manufacturers about building them from their work, or they'd build them themselves. They have a large enough building.

Then covid hit and not much news since then.

I hope it happens so they can then do Python's game.

LTG : )

#961 2 years ago

It’s not unreasonable for them to simply state that the project is shelved for the foreseeable future due to uncertain market conditions causing production to be a financially reckless decision

#962 2 years ago

Kingpin is a great game. One theory I have is that Circus Maximus reached an agreement with a game company to build and sell a Kingpin remake. I haven't seen real evidence of that, but it would make sense to me. After all, CM did (mysteriously) travel to Chicago 3 years ago... and CM no longer takes their Kingpin remake prototype to pinball shows... and they've suddenly gone silent about Kingpin (I haven't seen anything about Kingpin from anyone lately, not from James, Paul, Compy, Stan, Mark, nor Dave)... but we know that companies like CGC, JJP, API, Stern, (and Spooky?) have games in the pipeline (and they don't disclose what they're working on until the time is right)...

#963 2 years ago

I hope you’re right. Maybe it’s AP’s next unlicensed game? That would be cool.

#964 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hope you’re right. Maybe it’s AP’s next unlicensed game? That would be cool.

I think it would have to be licensed by Planetary??

#965 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think it would have to be licensed by Planetary??

They have the capcom rights? I didn’t know that. Thought it was just free to grab by whomever.

#966 2 years ago

I was excited for this 10 years ago, when we didn't have a huge selection of new games coming out. But now with companies like Stern, Spooky and P3 kicking out killer games. I don't give a shit for this title anymore. It's dull to play in comparison to stuff that has been coming out from these companies.

#967 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They have the capcom rights? I didn’t know that. Thought it was just free to grab by whomever.

I'm pretty sure they at least have the Big Bang Bar license so I assumed they have all the Capcom rights.

#968 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you follow the history of Capcom, WMS bought all the rights and there are technical drawings from BigBangBar out with WMS or Williams on it.
Romours they that WMS was intrested to build BBB but they figured out that is will not be easy to adopt the way more modern Capcom pcb layout to WMS and its WPC hardware. Also the strongest William coil was not strong enough for the left ramp. But this might only be storys !

Whatever rebuild there will be in the future .... it will never be the same with all its Monitors, new hardware, RGB LED stuff, etc ....
If someone is intrested to rebuild KP, it is much much simpler and cheaper than making BBB remakes.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

But now with companies like Stern, Spooky and P3 kicking out killer games. I don't give a shit for this title anymore. It's dull to play in comparison to stuff that has been coming out from these companies.

That is your opinion , not everybody will follow.
For me, at least no STERN or JJP is a killer game. BBB is for me a killer game. Would never swap with any existing Stern or JJP pinball.
But for sure, the modern games are deeper, looking brighter with all the LED stuff. But thats not all in pinball. Love to details, humor ... Also a nice Early can be a killer game.
Also for sure , KP software is not ready ! But I still would love to own this game.
But who do I tell ... you have a great collection of games !

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

That is your opinion , not everybody will follow.
For me, at least no STERN or JJP is a killer game. BBB is for me a killer game. Would never swap with any existing Stern or JJP pinball.
But for sure, the modern games are deeper, looking brighter with all the LED stuff. But thats not all in pinball. Love to details, humor ... Also a nice Early can be a killer game.
Also for sure , KP software is not ready ! But I still would love to own this game.
But who do I tell ... you have a great collection of games !

BBB is ok, it didn't blow my balls off with fun though. Only reason it commands big money is because of rarity. If they made as many as they did pinball magic, the price would be about the same.

Iron maiden
JP
Godzilla
blow the balls off of any capcom ever made. And i'm a big fan of pinball magic ( awesome toys, but ruined by repetitive shallow rules).

#970 2 years ago

Williams did try and make BBB out of Williams parts, but it was a bust.. so I heard Williams did not go through with the purchase. Best person to ask would be Mark Richie.

#971 2 years ago

Big Bang Bar has been done already. 200 games out there to play.

Kingpin would be a great as only 8 exist.. well
Maybe a couple more soon..

BBB is the kind of game I like. But yeah absolutely, newer games like Godzilla is far better.

And with what’s rumoured to be coming down the pipeline
BOND, BTTF, Venom, Harry Potter etc, should be going forward and not remaking remakes..

But I guess CGC is doing OK with it..

#972 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Williams did try and make BBB out of Williams parts, but it was a bust.. so I heard Williams did not go through with the purchase.

Williams needed a game for after Cactus Canyon in case P2K wasn't ready yet. They had a white wood with some art work and Williams boards. Lyman working on software. P2K was ready to go so a Williams BBB stopped. The two games went to Mike Pacak, the disassembled one he made back into a Capcom BBB.

LTG : )

#973 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Williams did try and make BBB out of Williams parts, but it was a bust.. so I heard Williams did not go through with the purchase. Best person to ask would be Mark Richie.

Not sure where you heard that, but it is false. I have an acquaintance who worked at Williams and was scooped up by Capcom when they got into the pinball business. He was there till the end and went back to Williams. He verified that is completely false.

#974 2 years ago

Truthfully, I’d take a Pinball Circus and just leave it at that, what a great game,that the public may never be ready for. Thanks Python for a great effort….

#975 2 years ago

Looks like the domain was renewed 11/18/21 for another year.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#976 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I am pretty sure that was resolved.

#977 2 years ago

Don't know if anyone saw this on Knapp arcade today. Unfortunately, it being April 1st, this could be just a massive troll post. But according to Jason on Facebook it is not fake! Who knows who to believe on April Fool's, but exciting if true!

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/circus-maximus-and-kingpin-pinball-are-alive

"A number of people were critical of my last article about the Circus Maximus Kingpin project, saying that it didn't actually say anything about what was happening or that the project is completely dead, so I figured that I'd provide a quick Friday afternoon update for everyone. I recently was able to speak with Paul from Circus Maximus. I am very happy to report that not only is the Kingpin pinball project still alive, the Company is hoping to be able to share specific production plans at this year's upcoming Southern Fried Gaming Expo, which takes place in Atlanta from July 15th through 19th.

The team has been busy working on improving the game's production process by standardizing certain Capcom-specific parts to ones that are more readily available, such as the drop targets. They also have had to "go down some rabbit holes with getting some [parts] produced ourselves."

I'm pretty swamped today, but I wanted to take a second to share this fun news with everyone."

#978 2 years ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Don't know if anyone saw this on Knapp arcade today. Unfortunately, it being April 1st, this could be just a massive troll post. But according to Jason on Facebook it is not fake! Who knows who to believe on April Fool's, but exciting if true!
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/circus-maximus-and-kingpin-pinball-are-alive
"A number of people were critical of my last article about the Circus Maximus Kingpin project, saying that it didn't actually say anything about what was happening or that the project is completely dead, so I figured that I'd provide a quick Friday afternoon update for everyone. I recently was able to speak with Paul from Circus Maximus. I am very happy to report that not only is the Kingpin pinball project still alive, the Company is hoping to be able to share specific production plans at this year's upcoming Southern Fried Gaming Expo, which takes place in Atlanta from July 15th through 19th.
The team has been busy working on improving the game's production process by standardizing certain Capcom-specific parts to ones that are more readily available, such as the drop targets. They also have had to "go down some rabbit holes with getting some [parts] produced ourselves."
I'm pretty swamped today, but I wanted to take a second to share this fun news with everyone."

Terrible and very suspect timing.
Considering the type of news and the day, I’m gonna stay skeptical.

#979 2 years ago

That's great news. Hope to see good news coming out in July!

#980 2 years ago

Oh snap!

KP #24

F151FE8F-DEE9-41ED-AD48-F55C9C2AECEE (resized).jpegF151FE8F-DEE9-41ED-AD48-F55C9C2AECEE (resized).jpeg
#981 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Terrible and very suspect timing.
Considering the type of news and the day, I’m gonna stay skeptical.

That’s fair. By the end of the day after doing a ton of work I had forgotten that it was April Fool’s. All I know is that I reported everything that I was told directly by them the other day. Time will tell if they’re able to announce anything at Southern Fried. If the project was truly dead in their minds, they probably wouldn’t have renewed their domain. I wouldn’t have.

#982 2 years ago

I hope its true. I intend to support them on both machines.

#983 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Oh snap!
KP #24 [quoted image]

When was that picture taken ?

#984 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

When was that picture taken ?

Scroll half way down....https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/03/16/texas-pinball-festival-2018-friday/

#985 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Oh snap!
KP #24 [quoted image]

I hate the way they're handling the display on this re-do.

#986 2 years ago

I was in touch with CM early March and got a brief update from Paul

“Things are still moving forward, although it was slow going in 2021.

We should have an announcement in a couple months as to the production plans.“

#987 2 years ago

same pm I got

#988 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I was in touch with CM early March and got a brief update from Paul
“Things are still moving forward, although it was slow going in 2021.
We should have an announcement in a couple months as to the production plans.“

Nice!
I hope their game does well!

#989 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Nice!
I hope their game does well!

too nice a guy!

2 months later
#990 1 year ago

So, more months have gone by ... still no updates ...

#991 1 year ago

Must be dead in the water, unfortunately. Makes no sense to have been silent for all this time.

#992 1 year ago

They usually attend Southern Fried Gaming Expo which is coming up in a few weeks. I don't know them personally but I've spoken to them a few times about how things were going and what not. In the past they have actually brought Kingpin to the event. Hopefully they make an appearance this year and we can get a some more updates.

#993 1 year ago

Well, I wish these fine gentlemen well and if they have the means or desire to proceed with Kingpin I’ll support them however I can.

I appreciate all their efforts and completely understand that life takes precedence.

A4668AD6-1F65-43B5-920A-1FB82B70646A.gifA4668AD6-1F65-43B5-920A-1FB82B70646A.gif
#994 1 year ago

I wonder when they will start taking deposits? It's been so many years already.
Kudos to them though for not taking money from people and sitting several years.

#995 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I wonder when they will start taking deposits? It's been so many years already.
Kudos to them though for not taking money from people and sitting several years.

They do sell pinball parts and have sold a lot of pinball memorabilia

#996 1 year ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

They do sell pinball parts and have sold a lot of pinball memorabilia

At shows? Website? Any info Amigo?

#997 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Kudos to them though for not taking money from people and sitting several years

Kind of sort of ... they did take money for translights to guarantee spots ...
So not a big cash grab like others have done , and you got a translight.

#998 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Kind of sort of ... they did take money for translights to guarantee spots ...
So not a big cash grab like others have done , and you got a translight.

I do. Would’ve been cool to get other kingpin stuff. I guess. As a memento.

#999 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

At shows? Website? Any info Amigo?

I purchased a bunch of CAD drawings for Congo last year. Full playfield, Amy, Gray Gorilla mech, ect..They usually have a ton of old pinball related stuff like original cad drawings, flyers and parts.

Other then running into them at a show I guess you could maybe send them an email and ask what they have for specific games?

This is the contact info he gave me.

James Loflin
[email protected]

#1000 1 year ago

My hope is fading quickly for this project as well as Pinball Circus.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
There are 1,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here/page/20?hl=papakilo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.