pasted_imageKP20 (resized).png
DBC21B7F-7A3F-434F-8692-53A245D0791B (resized).jpeg
3CCE1E5D-6D0C-40AC-A41E-134BAA3FCB23.gif
EB3AAF44-9D54-49D7-97E2-D3A5477D373A (resized).jpeg
1D778A70-1C9F-40DC-820A-8074DFD5A9D8 (resized).jpeg
4C95C47D-52CF-43EC-AC40-2829CC946380 (resized).jpeg
A1C57DA9-7DD5-4997-9688-67D584209F6F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

one thing for sure; 2020 has been maximum bullshit

zzz125950628_10218297435215842_8478336836260837808_n (resized).jpgzzz125950628_10218297435215842_8478336836260837808_n (resized).jpg
#752 3 years ago

My brother is one of the team members working on Kingpin. I can confirm that the project is not dead. Progress has been slow because... well... 2020.

Lets all try to keep in mind that this is a self funded project with a very small team and that nothing in pinball happens as quickly as we'd like.

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

My brother is one of the team members working on Kingpin. I can confirm that the project is not dead. Progress has been slow because... well... 2020.
Lets all try to keep in mind that this is a self funded project with a very small team and that nothing in pinball happens as quickly as we'd like.

Good to hear!

#754 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

I respect the way they’ve gone about this project compared to others past on other ‘startups’. Purchase of translite ( I am one of them) which is rare in itself.

Updates when there’s actually something to update about.

Most of all, no bs promises or talking to us like we’re kids or idiots.

Keep it simple.

#755 3 years ago

I can wait now till punitive tariff in EU for pinball machines has gone ....

So take your time

#756 3 years ago

Just picked up my holy grail Dick DeLong Al Capone slot machine.......all ready for my Kingpin!!

Capone Slot (resized).jpgCapone Slot (resized).jpg
#757 3 years ago

hey - where's his hat? what a great piece!

#758 3 years ago

The fedora is on the way. Can’t be complete without it right?

Thanks. Real happy with it.

#759 3 years ago

Anyone interested in purchasing one of the Translights and Associated "spot" in line? It was a drunken pinball purchase at Texas about 2 years ago. LOL

#760 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Anyone interested in purchasing one of the Translights and Associated "spot" in line? It was a drunken pinball purchase at Texas about 2 years ago. LOL

What was your spot nb?

#762 3 years ago

What's a spot in line worth?

#763 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

One Translite.. what did they go for $150?

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm willing to sell my spot for what it cost me (and the cost of sending the translite to you).

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
[email protected]

#765 3 years ago

Even if they never happen that translite is awesome.

#766 3 years ago

Love the translite, even if the game doesn't get made. Found a handy spot for mine in the meantime.

#767 3 years ago
Quoted from vegemite_nick:

Love the translite, even if the game doesn't get made. Found a handy spot for mine in the meantime.

A Kingpin pinball to put the translite in...REAL ORIGINA...hey wait a minute!

1 week later
#768 3 years ago

Does anybody know where are the 8 Kingpin´s ?

I guess the team from Circus Maximus has one, 2 are in pinball museums .... where are the others ?
On pictures I saw one machine with a "handdrawn" frontdecal. It was the machine from Gene Cunningham, it also had a pistol shooter rod instead the red button.

Would be nice to know.

#769 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Does anybody know where are the 8 Kingpin´s ?
I guess the team from Circus Maximus has one, 2 are in pinball museums .... where are the others ?
On pictures I saw one machine with a "handdrawn" frontdecal. It was the machine from Gene Cunningham, it also had a pistol shooter rod instead the red button.
Would be nice to know.

I think one was lost unfortunately due to a fire.

#770 3 years ago

Yes .. therefor 8 instead of 9 .

#771 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

It seems like 8 is going to be all there is in the future too. There has been no real progress in about a year that I know if.

They talk big and say they are going to take their proto to shows for people to see. I don't understand that for 2 reasons...One is that they are so far behind their original schedule they should stay home and work on finishing these up...and two is that they are going to sell a bunch of these anyway and really don't need to show the proto, as everyone at the show probably already knows about it.

Hope this really happens, but with so little progress shown...the longer and longer this goes on the less likely it will happen.

Robert

#772 3 years ago

A lot less effort and time to pop in here and show some pics and give some info on what is happening.

#773 3 years ago

I believe it is dead. I won't change my mind until they start shipping which at this point seems very unlikely.

#774 3 years ago

It really is a shame, for what looks like a great game. Hopefully someone from Circus Maximus will provide an update or reasoning as to why it's not going ahead. I bought the translite and hoped to own a game, but that doesn't look it will happen unfortunately. It's been a very long time without any progress being spoken about.

#775 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

There's the one some crazy Aussie put together.. that should count.

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

This.

#777 3 years ago

My brothers mothers cousins sisters nephew uncle is working on this game... really ? Perhaps they should answer for themselves!
Can't see this going forward , however woukd love to be wrong

#778 3 years ago

It will happen....look how long deep root is taking...

#779 3 years ago

Which will ship out first, A Deeproot game or KingPin?

#780 3 years ago

Hopefully my GnR LE

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Kingpin

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Neither

#783 3 years ago

You could argue, that the conditions that Covid caused in 2020, could have accelerated the development process.

#784 3 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Covid caused in 2020, could have accelerated the development process

Still lots of production... in 2020

#785 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Count - not sure.

Crazy - most likely.

#786 3 years ago

Pretty sure there was a post a while back, that the due to the pandemic, travel to vendors etc was not possible. So time was being spent on the software. Building the games, while challenging, will be far from impossible, and there are contract manufacturers around. Getting the software up to production ready was always, to my mind, going to take a lot of time for a one-man effort. If 2020 has given some time for the software that might otherwise have been updates after delivery, then I'm kinda glad. The existing software is very good, but needs polish.

#787 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Still lots of production... in 2020

Pretty sure there was a post a while back, that the due to the pandemic, travel to vendors etc was not possible. So time was being spent on the software. Building the games, while challenging, will be far from impossible, and there are contract manufacturers around. Getting the software up to production ready was always, to my mind, going to take a lot of time for a one-man effort. If 2020 has given some time for the software that might otherwise have been updates after delivery, then I'm kinda glad. The existing software is very good, but needs polish.

My point exactly. I have followed the progress of a few of the custom projects here that made terrific progress by individuals with an otherwise packed life. Being bunkered down with a computer and internet access, should have actually, fostered progress in almost every area.

1 month later
#788 3 years ago

Very inspired by vegemite_nick I thought how to show the translite.

IMG_0106 (resized).JPEGIMG_0106 (resized).JPEG

Quoted from Kneissl:

That is vegemite_nick and in the video you see the awsome aussie machine

#789 3 years ago

Hi Tom,
are you doing your own KP right now besides you other incredible BBB project?
That would be incredible
Regards Patric

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Hi Tom,
are you doing your own KP right now besides you other incredible BBB project?
That would be incredible
Regards Patric

Regarding the BBB, there was still spare parts, for the kingpin it would be much harder but it would be incredible for sure

1 month later
#791 3 years ago

A sign of life...
03 (resized).png03 (resized).png

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

A sign of life...
[quoted image]

Uhm, ok?

2 months later
#793 2 years ago

No news on PinballMagazine Industry Recap of May21 ... Is KingPin still alive?

#794 2 years ago

King Pin = RAZA 2.0

#795 2 years ago

I still have faith in the King Pin project. I know they were shopping for a manufacturer to build the games.

May be that is why CGC is taking so long....

#796 2 years ago

Unlike RAZA, the King Pin folks haven't taken a dime from anyone so that's a big nope.

That said I'm still hoping there's a chance on this. I bought a translite which will be a cool souvenir but I'd like a game to put around it.

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

Unlike RAZA, the King Pin folks haven't taken a dime from anyone so that's a big nope.
That said I'm still hoping there's a chance on this. I bought a translite which will be a cool souvenir but I'd like a game to put around it.

Once it was clear that they were emulating the DMD on a big square LCD I lost interest. Do it well or don't do it. You can get color DMD format LED and LCD panels made.

#798 2 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

I have a cool translite, and don't have thousands sitting out there in the hope I get a game someday.

#799 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Once it was clear that they were emulating the DMD on a big square LCD I lost interest. Do it well or don't do it. You can get color DMD format LED and LCD panels made.

Good point. It’s even beyond that: all the mecanisms will be WMS including the through. Only the drop target might stay Capcom’s... but not even sure. So we are far from what IPB did and built.
Now it’s nice to get a kingpin anyway but that will be not be the same pinball. It would be also nice the new software but it should take a lot of time to code and money: on other project it was one of the most complicated thing to achieve so I hope for them everything will go well and it will not takes several more years if it will ever go to the end.

#800 2 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Good point. It’s even beyond that: all the mecanisms will be WMS including the through. Only the drop target might stay Capcom’s... but not even sure. So we are far from what IPB did and built.
Now it’s nice to get a kingpin anyway but that will be not be the same pinball. It would be also nice the new software but it should take a lot of time to code and money: on other project it was one of the most complicated thing to achieve so I hope for them everything will go well and it will not takes several more years if it will ever go to the end.

I am as big a fan of Capcom you can get, but WMS slings work better than Capcoms, late model drops just as well, and flipper mechanisms make very little difference to the famed Capcom flipper "feel", it's in the software. Even Stern mechs with Stern coils work and feel like Capcom when running off Capcom code. IPB built BBB from leftovers (and I love my BBB). Those leftovers are gone now. Time to move on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here/page/16?hl=tres and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.