pasted_imageKP20 (resized).png
DBC21B7F-7A3F-434F-8692-53A245D0791B (resized).jpeg
3CCE1E5D-6D0C-40AC-A41E-134BAA3FCB23.gif
EB3AAF44-9D54-49D7-97E2-D3A5477D373A (resized).jpeg
1D778A70-1C9F-40DC-820A-8074DFD5A9D8 (resized).jpeg
4C95C47D-52CF-43EC-AC40-2829CC946380 (resized).jpeg
A1C57DA9-7DD5-4997-9688-67D584209F6F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 25.
#701 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I’m guessing it’s dead

I hope not! They have put a TON of work into trying to make this a reality. Me and my son had a blast at playing it at shows.

#702 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I hope not! They have put a TON of work into trying to make this a reality. Me and my son had a blast at playing it at shows.

Yeah I hope not as well. I got the translite as well. The game is a lot of fun.

#703 3 years ago

Any update on the playfield scan? What’s left in the process? (Aside the all crisis thing)
Tks

#704 3 years ago

Hopefully not. I suspect there was work to do still that could be done in isolation and my hope is that when this is whole covid thing is done they will be able to get things moving along again.

I also have a translight and hope to someday buy the game. Wouldn’t mind it being the first new game whenever I finish finishing the basement.

#705 3 years ago

All,

A quick update.

COVID has forced us to change priorities and switch over to the 2.0 software side for a bit vs assembly of the final three prototypes as the software can be done in isolation and doesn't require businesses/services that have had to temporarily close.

We were hoping to show off a some new things at TPF, but of course that plan got changed with everything going on too.

Work still continues, just on a different branch of the plan than originally expected.

Paul

#706 3 years ago

Keep at it Paul

#707 3 years ago

Good luck and patiently waiting!

#709 3 years ago

Keep up the hard work , I have a Translite and would love to see a game . Pinball History !!!

#710 3 years ago

Patiently waiting for a game when they are made, worth the wait IMO, be great to get one accross the pond to Oz

#711 3 years ago

I had a BBB #111 (2004 thru 2016). Loved it! I'd drop $$$ today, on both KP & BBB, if they were available. Keep up the great work!

#712 3 years ago

Is there a diverter on the ramp? Can’t see clearly on the pic. Thanks

#713 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Is there a diverter on the ramp? Can’t see clearly on the pic.

No.

These pictures may help - http://ssbilliards.com/KingPin/index.html

LTG : )

#714 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
These pictures may help - http://ssbilliards.com/KingPin/index.html

Ok thanks, I was misled by a hex post behind. Sorry.

2 months later
#715 3 years ago

Update, update!

#716 3 years ago

No update in a long time

#717 3 years ago

will Pigs fly soon ?

#718 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

will Pigs fly soon ?

i hope so, but not getting my hopes up.

#720 3 years ago

is the pig dead?

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

is the pig dead

Certainly isn't responsive

#722 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Certainly isn't responsive

At least we got a nice translite out of it, if nothing else. Damn I was looking forward to this one.

#723 3 years ago

Fingers crossed for King Pin, then push for PinBall Circus....

#724 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

At least we got a nice translite out of it, if nothing else. Damn I was looking forward to this one.

I’m #24.. come on guys make it happen

#725 3 years ago

So any updates?

#726 3 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Compy has been, is, and always will be part of this project.

Compy would probably give the best situation report regarding the Kingpin project because he was the most informed and in the center during the past pinball seminar presentation.
4 quick questions:
1. Would really like to know how everyone is doing on the Kingpin project during Covid-19 (is everyone safe and healthy)?
2. Has a manufacturer been chosen or are they still planning on manufacturing Kingpin themselves?
3. Is the code fully transferable and debugged and able to be mass produced onto another platform?
4. How much longer do they have for the Kingpin license agreement and do they still have one for Kingpin or is it expired?

#727 3 years ago

Not sure they'll ever get it done so, thinking outside the box, what about doing something no pinball company has done before? Sell Kingpin as a kit or simply make all the parts available. Thus a person could build a Kingpin machine from the ground up. Cabinet kit (like the ones available from VirtuaPin), Mirco playfield, Radcals, harnesses, mechs, etc). Code would be downloadable. Maybe even open source. I'd definitely build one.

#728 3 years ago

You'll never see a company offer a pinball as a DIY kit. Too much liability.

Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Not sure they'll ever get it done so, thinking outside the box, what about doing something no pinball company has done before? Sell Kingpin as a kit or simply make all the parts available. Thus a person could build a Kingpin machine from the ground up. Cabinet kit (like the ones available from VirtuaPin), Mirco playfield, Radcals, harnesses, mechs, etc). Code would be downloadable. Maybe even open source. I'd definitely build one.

#729 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You'll never see a company offer a pinball as a DIY kit. Too much liability.

I am not sure that would actually preclude a DIY pinball kit. If this company (https://www.amazing1.com) can survive and thrive for at least the past 25 years without being shut down by lawyers/insurance/regulators, then I think the liability on a pinball kit would be a "walk in the park" in comparison!

The real problem with a DIY pinball is the same as the problem with the kind of complex DIY ham radio, hifi, TV, and other kits once offered by the likes of Heathkit, Knight, Dynaco, Lafayette, and other DEFUNCT companies: the market for such items nowadays is infinitesimally smaller than it was in the 50s-70s heyday (when many of the guys buying the kits had learned the requisite skills during the war era), and it would almost certainly be doomed to lose money in today's climate.

#730 3 years ago

OK, maybe Heathkit is a bad idea. Just sell unique parts then. Playfield, circuit boards, plastics, mechanisms, harnesses, software... all the unique parts. The community will figure out the rest (where to get a cabinet, where to buy P-Roc boards, how to get it up-and-running, etc). In a matter of weeks, YouTube how-to videos will start popping up. Hey, it's a lot easier than building a pinball factory

#731 3 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

I am not sure that would actually preclude a DIY pinball kit. If this company (https://www.amazing1.com) can survive and thrive for at least the past 25 years without being shut down by lawyers/insurance/regulators, then I think the liability on a pinball kit would be a "walk in the park" in comparison!

Holy shit I remember finding this when I was like 12 thinking of all the mad scientist shit I could make! I remember buying some plans there!

Real talk - I LOVE the open source idea. I wonder if putting together a BOM would be cost effective in onesie-twosie parts vs. a manufacturer doing a bulk order/discount.

#732 3 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

The real problem with a DIY pinball is the same as the problem with the kind of complex DIY ham radio, hifi, TV, and other kits once offered by the likes of Heathkit, Knight, Dynaco, Lafayette, and other DEFUNCT companies: the market for such items nowadays is infinitesimally smaller than it was in the 50s-70s heyday (when many of the guys buying the kits had learned the requisite skills during the war era), and it would almost certainly be doomed to lose money in today's climate.

reminds me of the ads they used to have on the back of comic books.

#733 3 years ago

Flat pack and simple how to assemble instructions...
The Ikea Pinball Machine

#734 3 years ago

I have a head start. A translite. 6499 parts to go.

#735 3 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

I think by liability you are facing more the fact that transactions will cost you more in time and resources. Kits means supporting the customer through the process. That's expensive. Labor that you can't scale as easily as labor you sunk into production.

Plus, pinball needs scale to drive prices down. This is the problem all of the startups face... when they can't commit to huge numbers up front, all their material costs and lead times go up... so their product becomes even more expensive to market.

So doing things as a kit would preclude you from having to setup an assembly line - but drive up other costs.

Companies have to make their money in the value-add space... driving something to just being a 'box of parts' means people expect prices as such

#736 3 years ago

Couldn't they just sell everything they have done up to this point to a manufacturer like CGC and let them take it to completion? Seems a shame to let the entire project die.

#737 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Couldn't they just sell everything they have done up to this point to a manufacturer like CGC and let them take it to completion? Seems a shame to let the entire project die.

No sign they are letting it die.

Granted this year has probably been a disaster for many companies to move forward. I'm sure they want to move it forward.

1 month later
#738 3 years ago

I hear crickets on this project. Might be dead?

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

I hear crickets on this project. Might be dead?

With what is invested, I do not think they will let it die and abandon it.

#740 3 years ago

You'll probably see the game at TPF with some changes they were working on. That was the plan 4 months ago.

1 week later
#741 3 years ago

I still have faith for the game,2021 would be better i hope

1 month later
#742 3 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

I still have faith for the game,2021 would be better i hope

Let’s hope so, it’s such a cool project

1 week later
#743 3 years ago

It would be very intersting to see the progress on the playfield and plastics - are there any screenshots available?

#744 3 years ago

Op .... Please change thread title to:

Capcom Kingpin is being built.. NO info here

#745 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Capcom Kingpin is being built.. NO info here

I gave up on this title......

#746 3 years ago

Obviously they have chosen to abandon the project. Shame really. Would be nice if they would post the facts (covid killed it?) but the no info for months tells us all we need.

#747 3 years ago

I think there’s hope for 2021.. one thing for sure; 2020 has been maximum bullshit

4D07E741-54C3-418A-8CFA-10995FB801B6 (resized).jpeg4D07E741-54C3-418A-8CFA-10995FB801B6 (resized).jpeg
#748 3 years ago

Once you sell translight for spots, you have indirectly taken money for the hopes the games would be built!
2020 has been a crappy year for everyone , but someone from the team could update their status...
Even DeepRoot has pages of continuing thread...

#749 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Once you sell translight for spots, you have indirectly taken money for the hopes the games would be built!
2020 has been a crappy year for everyone , but someone from the team could update their status...
Even DeepRoot has pages of continuing thread...

If Deeproot can continue to spew their hopes and dreams, I have more faith in this Circus Maximus group. At least they’re not trash-talking’ and throwing around NDA’s.

#750 3 years ago

I really hope this game gets produced someday. I played it at Expo a couple years ago and I thought it was great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
There are 1,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here/page/15?hl=rattmuscle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.