pasted_imageKP20 (resized).png
DBC21B7F-7A3F-434F-8692-53A245D0791B (resized).jpeg
3CCE1E5D-6D0C-40AC-A41E-134BAA3FCB23.gif
EB3AAF44-9D54-49D7-97E2-D3A5477D373A (resized).jpeg
1D778A70-1C9F-40DC-820A-8074DFD5A9D8 (resized).jpeg
4C95C47D-52CF-43EC-AC40-2829CC946380 (resized).jpeg
A1C57DA9-7DD5-4997-9688-67D584209F6F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 25.
#652 4 years ago

How far along, percentage-wise, is the full screen version of the game?

Personally, I'd be happy getting the game with just the stock ROMs, and upgrading later.

1 week later
#653 4 years ago

Haven’t checked up on production lately?

Any news news ? Are we going to see a Kingpin in 2020

#655 4 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

How far along, percentage-wise, is the full screen version of the game?
Personally, I'd be happy getting the game with just the stock ROMs, and upgrading later.

It's very rudimentary at the moment as most of the development of the full screen version of the game is slated for the time period between ordering parts for the production build and the start of assembly. Many parts require up to 12 weeks lead time, so that's a full three months of dedicated time on the new code side.

That's not to say that work hasn't been done on that side, just that most of it is scheduled for that time period between ordering parts and shipping. We've done some code on the Sudden Death features (ie: flippers get weaker during your sudden death ball) on the full screen side and worked on some of the service menu mostly.

Paul

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

It's very rudimentary at the moment as most of the development of the full screen version of the game is slated for the time period between ordering parts for the production build and the start of assembly.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope the best for you guys. But at the rate you’re going,there isn’t going to be a game for sale in 2020.

Robert

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

It's very rudimentary at the moment as most of the development of the full screen version of the game is slated for the time period between ordering parts for the production build and the start of assembly. Many parts require up to 12 weeks lead time, so that's a full three months of dedicated time on the new code side.
That's not to say that work hasn't been done on that side, just that most of it is scheduled for that time period between ordering parts and shipping. We've done some code on the Sudden Death features (ie: flippers get weaker during your sudden death ball) on the full screen side and worked on some of the service menu mostly.
Paul

Nice! Sounds like good progress. Good luck the rest of the way, I'm looking forward to it.

1 week later
#658 4 years ago

I am also looking forward for this great project , but I see no game coming in 2020.
If there were pictures from a production line, parts in boxes, etc (like in the old days from DP and TBL) it would be believable that several machines will be build in 2020. But 2020 start in 3 weeks and I do not beliefe in more than 10 machines at the end of 2020.

But, however ... a great project and I hope to see a real machine in my gameroom. in pinball everything (like TBL, BBBr, Kingpin) will take its time.

Go on !!!

#659 4 years ago

Patience...…………….

1 week later
#660 4 years ago

Any chance this game will be in Texas in 4 months

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Any chance this game will be in Texas in 4 months

Been there the last 2 years. Dont see why they wouldn't bring it this time.

#662 4 years ago
Quoted from Dopes214tx:

Been there the last 2 years. Dont see why they wouldn't bring it this time.

Are you referring to the original KP or the remake?

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Remake, which is what this thread is about.

#664 4 years ago

One of the prototype remakes they have up. Cant wait to see what they do with the new animations.

#665 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Remake, which is what this thread is about.

Thank You! I've played the original KP many times.

My plan is to go to TPF for the first time, in 3 months. Hope to see both this KPr and the new RAZA.

#666 4 years ago

Thank You! I've played the original KP many times.
My plan is to go to TPF for the first time, in 3 months. Hope to see both this KPr and the new RAZA.

I have never seen an original KP at TPF.

Mark Ritchie will be there as a guest speaker.

#667 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I have never seen an original KP at TPF.

I'm from California. There are usually 1-2 of each the original BBB & KP, at the California Extreme Show, in San Jose each Summer

3 weeks later
#668 4 years ago

Been a while... Any updates?

#669 4 years ago
Quoted from JAG94:

Been a while... Any updates?

And... Is there a manufacturing plan set up? I think it was the big deal. Tks.

3 weeks later
#670 4 years ago

How about another update?

#671 4 years ago

Been awhile since an update. I dont see a 2020 release but I've been wrong before (I hope I am)

#672 4 years ago

Yeah !!! Any updates ?

#673 4 years ago

This machine looks like a dead duck.

#674 4 years ago

I heard that American Pinball will make the game for them on their assembly line.

#675 4 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I heard that American Pinball will make the game for them on their assembly line.

I don't know if anything definite has been planned yet. Cirqus Maximus has looked at other companies to manufacture the game, like CGC and AP. Or they might make their own line.

It may be awhile. But once they are rolling I'm sure we'll get the info.

LTG : )

#676 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Cirqus Maximus has looked at other companies to manufacture the game, like CGC and AP.

My contact at Chicago Gaming said that they declined to run KP on the CGC assembly line.

#677 4 years ago

Build it in NJ - I’m sure there is room in Lakewood

#678 4 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

My contact at Chicago Gaming said that they declined to run KP on the CGC assembly line.

Why???

#679 4 years ago

Maybe they aren't set up for more than the pinball machines and video games they make ?

No idea on the video games. But right now they have MMR's going, and eventually their next game.

You'd have to find a company with more than one line, and maybe people.

2 weeks later
#680 4 years ago

Is there any possibility that Kingpin is being re-skinned into another theme and that is why there hasn't been any response or updates regarding production? I do enjoy the playfield very much and would like to know more regarding the work toward bringing this machine to the mass market again.
If it was to be re-skinned would the people that bought the kingpin translate get an early shot at the game or get their money back instead?
Any updates on Kingpin from Compy or pkiefert ?

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Is there any possibility that Kingpin is being re-skinned into another theme and that is why there hasn't been any response or updates regarding production? I do enjoy the playfield very much and would like to know more regarding the work toward bringing this machine to the mass market again.
If it was to be re-skinned would the people that bought the kingpin translate get an early shot at the game or get their money back instead?
Any updates on Kingpin from compy or pkiefert ?

Has any of the many pinball podcasters talked about Kingpin or tried to get some information regarding the production of Kingpin? It would be a good topic to report.

#682 4 years ago

Any updates on Kingpin from compy or pkiefert ?

They were pretty clear that you were buying the translite for the money spent. With that you would also have the opportunity to buy early based on the translite# but that there is no guarantee that the game would ever be built even though that that was their desire.

#683 4 years ago

I believe the project must be dead, 3 months since the last update... hopefully wrong but not holding much hope

#684 4 years ago

Any speculation of the death of the Kingpin project is fake news. Honestly I just don't hang out on Pinside much anymore. Anyone that bought a translite has my personal cell phone (it was on the paperwork that came with your translite) and is welcome to call or email us directly if they have any specific questions.

It's been slow going the past several months. The hold up continued to be getting the playfield artwork to an acceptable quality for the new playfields to be cut.

We have a solution and another NOS playfield is being scanned by a cruse scanner (seems that there are generally only 1 or 2 of these in any state) shortly and that should alleviate the issues we've had (colors, alignment, etc) with stitching from the several attempts with individual scans as well as full playfield photos.

We've talked to those that we believe manufactured the original playfields and so far have not found the original films for them in either the PPS collection or via the manufacturers, so we've been having to do this from an NOS playfield. Unlike with Pinball Circus where James had the original films in our collection that we could scan and assemble for production.

We have the vast majority of the parts for the next three games being assembled as the final production prototypes. A playfield that passes our expectations was the major hurdle of starting to assemble these games.

We will be at TPF next month with Kingpin and our usual booth filled with pinball parts, swag, artwork, etc.

Paul

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Any speculation of the death of the Kingpin project is fake news.

People need to realize this project takes time. These are a few people. Not all in the same area. Bringing the project together. Not a whole company. So when something comes up like acceptable playfield/parts/what ever. It needs to be dealt with and solved.

Once the project is rolling. Things will be smoother and quicker. They have reported in the past on hiring an existing manufacturer to build them, or make their own line.

It will take some time. But well worth the wait. They have already shown what they can do and the direction they are headed at pinball shows. And it is an amazing game. More so with the improvements they have added.

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

They were pretty clear that you were buying the translite for the money spent. With that you would also have the opportunity to buy early based on the translite# but that there is no guarantee that the game would ever be built even though that that was their desire.

I totally understand this, but if the Kingpin playfield design by M. Ritchie was to be re-themed into another game like "poker run", "Aliens", "Gremlins", or whatever else, would the people that bought a translate for Kingpin still get the opportunity to buy early?
I believe pkiefert took down every ones name, e-mail, and number once a translate was purchased. Is there a chance to at least send out a update to those that bought a translate or at least a facebook post regarding some development?
Looking forward to TPF and seeing Kingpin again with some update regarding code development from @compy. Is Compy still working on the project?

#687 4 years ago

if the Kingpin playfield design by M. Ritchie was to be re-themed into another game like "poker run", "Aliens", "Gremlins", or whatever else

We are not re-theming the game. I have no idea where this idea came from. It's not being considered.

Is compy still working on the project?

Compy has been, is, and always will be part of this project.

#688 4 years ago

Thanks for the update.

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

We have a solution and another NOS playfield is being scanned by a cruse scanner

I would say that if you are just now scanning a playfield...you are a LONG way from producing a game.

Robert

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I would say that if you are just now scanning a playfield...you are a LONG way from producing a game.
Robert

Heh, I'd figure the playfield printing would be one of the more trivial aspects

#691 4 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Compy has been, is, and always will be part of this project.

Will Compy be giving an update at TPF or on his social media accounts for Kingpin? Haven’t seen much of him and he did a great job bringing wizard blocks to life.

#692 4 years ago

I am patient as i know they will do a good job and in the end we will get a very nice machine with high quality standards.

#693 4 years ago

"Never give up, never surrender "
Galaxy Quest.

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

This is the 4th time it will have been scanned. Previous scans have been close, but not up to our quality expectations.

It's all about the art at this point, which although the biggest visual aspect to the playfield, it's actually only a very small part of the total playfield work that has been completed.

#695 4 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

This is the 4th time it will have been scanned. Previous scans have been close, but not up to our quality expectations.
It's all about the art at this point, which although the biggest visual aspect to the playfield, it's actually only a very small part of the total playfield work that has been completed.

I should have been a bit more precise...that you are just now using a Cruse scanner! If you thought that you could make a production game by stitching scans together, I question your decisions.

I wish you guys the best.

Robert

#696 4 years ago

No disrespect but I think CGC should build
Kingpin / BBB at the same time .

2 months later
#697 3 years ago

Been following this thread for a while. I am guessing it is fair to say that the Corona probably slowed or killed this opportunity?

#698 3 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

Been following this thread for a while. I am guessing it is fair to say that the Corona probably slowed or killed this opportunity?

Slowed down for sure.

#699 3 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

I’m guessing it’s dead and covid 19 had nothing to do with it........but you never know!!

#700 3 years ago

Hey, i got a cool translite out of it. Better than them sitting on my deposit forever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
There are 1,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.