pasted_imageKP20 (resized).png
DBC21B7F-7A3F-434F-8692-53A245D0791B (resized).jpeg
3CCE1E5D-6D0C-40AC-A41E-134BAA3FCB23.gif
EB3AAF44-9D54-49D7-97E2-D3A5477D373A (resized).jpeg
1D778A70-1C9F-40DC-820A-8074DFD5A9D8 (resized).jpeg
4C95C47D-52CF-43EC-AC40-2829CC946380 (resized).jpeg
A1C57DA9-7DD5-4997-9688-67D584209F6F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,232 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 25.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Look at the backglass. The top 1/4th of it. Gangster holding the gun. The topper looked like that.
LTG : )

LTG is correct. The topper is basically the Gun part of the backglass. It's a little redundant as the backglass also has lamps behind the gun that light up for the play field multiplier.

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

LTG is correct. The topper is basically the Gun part of the backglass. It's a little redundant as the backglass also has lamps behind the gun that light up for the play field multiplier.

Any updates on the game #116 here been awhile since an update

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Any updates on the game #116 here been awhile since an update

I know I sound like a broken record, but we are still working on building the final production samples.

Right now the hold up has been the main playfield artwork. We've scanned the playfield art ourselves twice already, but haven't been happy with the results since it's scanned in 16 separate passes and has to be reassembled from those 16 scans.

As part of our agreement with Planetary Pinball, Rick was recently able to offer some help as they worked on the artwork several years ago. That art has gotten us somewhat over the hump, but we are still verifying and reverifying the art registration vs the CAD, as there was some skewing (albeit much less) from their process also.

We have a large part of the parts for the final samples in house already, so assembly will accelerate shortly.

Paul

#604 4 years ago

Any chance of a Kingpin being brought to the White Rose pin show in York PA next month? Would love to get a chance to see what you are up to in person.

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I know I sound like a broken record, but we are still working on building the final production samples.
Right now the hold up has been the main playfield artwork. We've scanned the playfield art ourselves twice already, but haven't been happy with the results since it's scanned in 16 separate passes and has to be reassembled from those 16 scans.
As part of our agreement with Planetary Pinball, Rick was recently able to offer some help as they worked on the artwork several years ago. That art has gotten us somewhat over the hump, but we are still verifying and reverifying the art registration vs the CAD, as there was some skewing (albeit much less) from their process also.
We have a large part of the parts for the final samples in house already, so assembly will accelerate shortly.
Paul

Once you have the scans sorted will you be drawing the art / vectoring it like how CPR are doing or will the production games be produced from scanned art only?

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Once you have the scans sorted will you be drawing the art / vectoring it like how CPR are doing or will the production games be produced from scanned art only?

It will be vectorized. It wouldn't look good with purely scanned art.

On Pinball Circus we scanned in the films for the mini playfields and then had them vectorized and they turned out pretty sweet.

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

It will be vectorized. It wouldn't look good with purely scanned art.
On Pinball Circus we scanned in the films for the mini playfields and then had them vectorized and they turned out pretty sweet.

Thanks, that’s great to hear

#608 4 years ago

Why scan in 16 parts? There are scanners that can scan entire paintings. There must be parties offering to scan large objects.
Aren't there any of the original blackline drawings around?

#609 4 years ago

With orders being pulled from other manufacturers over "cleargate", if you can step this up a notch and get to production stages asap I foresee lots of potential buyers out there with money in hand itching for a nib...I'm one of them! Good luck!

#610 4 years ago

The first and only NIB i will ever buy Cant wait to get it in my living room

#611 4 years ago

Im sorry, im reading through this thread now, but when is expected market date and what price point(s)?

Thank you..

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im sorry, im reading through this thread now, but when is expected market date and what price point(s)?
Thank you..

They have not announced anything as it won’t be official until its official. Cliff notes version of thread speculation & announcements on these subjects...

Timeline:
They seem to be pushing to have something for end of this year, although that will likely just be additional and more finalized prototypes. I’m personally thinking sometime next year for those of us wanting to take one home.

Pricing:
Nothing has really even been speculated about price yet other than some merchandise for sale. Translight purchase got some of us to the front of line for purchase of the game when it does come out. I can’t foresee any real surprises with pricing. There’s a lot on the new game market right now and it is probably going to be competitive.

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

They have not announced anything as it won’t be official until its official. Cliff notes version of thread speculation & announcements on these subjects...
Timeline:
They seem to be pushing to have something for end of this year, although that will likely just be additional and more finalized prototypes. I’m personally thinking sometime next year for those of us wanting to take one home.
Pricing:
Nothing has really even been speculated about price yet other than some merchandise for sale. Translight purchase got some of us to the front of line for purchase of the game when it does come out. I can’t foresee any real surprises with pricing. There’s a lot on the new game market right now and it is probably going to be competitive.

Thanks, following now.

2 weeks later
#614 4 years ago

Does the situation with suncoast affect kingpin at all?
Who will be manufacturing the Kingpin games?

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/09/23/suncoast-arcade-in-chapter-11/

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Does the situation with suncoast affect kingpin at all?
Who will be manufacturing the Kingpin games?
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/09/23/suncoast-arcade-in-chapter-11/

KingPin has not yet chosen a company yet.

1 week later
#616 4 years ago

Waiting isn’t easy for me...

Robert

1 week later
#617 4 years ago

Will the final version of this be at expo as stated before?

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Will the final version of this be at expo as stated before?

We are still rocking and rolling towards the finish line, but we did not achieve our goal of having more than one Kingpin at Pinball Expo 2019.

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

We are still rocking and rolling towards the finish line, but we did not achieve our goal of having more than one Kingpin at Pinball Expo 2019.

*4 quick questions before EXPO.*
Any pics of Kingpin development?
How's Compy and anything new with code on Kingpin?
Have you chosen a company to manufacture?

#620 4 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

*4 quick questions before EXPO.*
Any pics of Kingpin development?
How's compy and anything new with code on Kingpin?
Have you chosen a company to manufacture?

We don't have a ton of new pictures to share at the moment, although I would expect that to change significantly over the next 60 days.

Compy is still rocking and rolling with us. He can chime in more on how he's doing. Just as a little clarification, Compy's focus is on the original Emulation side as well as overall system architecture (hardware and software), and an advisor on the 2.0 software side. He's working on some other upgrades for us too.

Nothing has been signed yet with a manufacturing partner.

#621 4 years ago

Any chance of showing off the game at the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo Nov 15-16th?

#622 4 years ago

I to still keep my translite with my number

#623 4 years ago

Will we get any kind of update anytime soon it’s been forever since we have gotten an email or anything?

#624 4 years ago

I have played this game and it is a lot of fun and was at one time at the top of my buy list but it has taken so long to develop that I dont even think about it anymore. Still hope to see it someday.

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I have played this game and it is a lot of fun and was at one time at the top of my buy list but it has taken so long to develop that I dont even think about it anymore. Still hope to see it someday.

I think its coming up on a year and a half. I wish them luck!

#626 4 years ago

Also I know Pinball Circus is on hold , but would like to know more on that game as well.

#627 4 years ago

Be patient. Good things take time

#628 4 years ago

Maybe, but with pinball it seems the longer things get pushed back the greater likelihood of never seeing completion.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Any chance of showing off the game at the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo Nov 15-16th?

I played the prototype at Expo. Fun Game! Can't wait to see what else James can come up with. Maybe BBB?

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Can't wait to see what else James can come up with. Maybe BBB?

Circus Maximus is doing Kingpin to fund the Pinball Circus machine project.

#631 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I just wish they had gone with a traditional DMD shape rather than a smaller rectangular DMD shape on a square LCD for Kingpin. I was super-excited it was being re-done, but that one thing makes it a no-buy for me because the aesthetic is bad.

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just wish they had gone with a traditional DMD shape rather than a smaller rectangular DMD shape on a square LCD for Kingpin. I was super-excited it was being re-done, but that one thing makes it a no-buy for me because the aesthetic is bad.

LOL. I forgot, you are more about looks than how the pins plays. I hope it plays awesome!

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

LOL. I forgot, you are more about looks than how the pins plays. I hope it plays awesome!

Yeah, that's it. You got me. How'd you get so smart?

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that's it. You got me. How'd you get so smart?

Your posting history!

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I had the same concern but I played the prototype at TPF earlier this year and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the virtual DMD looked pretty decent with an appropriate background filling the unused part of the LCD. What I gathered from their presentation is that their 2.0 software will exploit more of the display, whereas the "classic" software will display the virtual DMD. I just hope they use a 1920X1080 panel and not a crappy 1366X768 panel. It makes a difference.

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I had the same concern but I played the prototype at TPF earlier this year and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the virtual DMD looked pretty decent with an appropriate background filling the unused part of the LCD. What I gathered from their presentation is that their 2.0 software will exploit more of the display, whereas the "classic" software will display the virtual DMD. I just hope they use a 1920X1080 panel and not a crappy 1366X768 panel. It makes a difference.

This is correct. You will be able to play the classic ROMs which are what you've played now if you've played our game at shows, and you will be able to play an updated version with graphics that fill the whole screen ala the current class of games from Stern/Spooky/American Pinball, etc.

The exact screen resolution is as much a resources (meaning CPU/RAM/VIDEO) consideration as much as graphics quality issue. Finding the right balance is key along with treating the graphics/audio correctly in the code as far as if/when it's loaded into RAM or streamed on the fly, etc. It's a common struggle for those of us developing games right now.

#637 4 years ago

Is there an update on production, pricing, etc?

#638 4 years ago

Following the progress!

#639 4 years ago

#116 here can’t wait for this game

#640 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes I talked with both of them.

#641 4 years ago

Another interesting one is Red Line Fever.

#642 4 years ago

Following

#643 4 years ago

Got a beautiful Pinball Magic day before yesterday. I'm also following this one now.

#644 4 years ago

Just looked up Redline Fever , very cool

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Just looked up Redline Fever , very cool

I saws it at the show. Unique indeed.

#646 4 years ago
Quoted from JAG94:

Is there an update on production, pricing, etc?

Any news? I want to know how much I should be stashing away for this machine once presale starts.

#647 4 years ago

We haven’t had news in a very long time

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from JAG94:

Any news? I want to know how much I should be stashing away for this machine once presale starts.

I believe Circus Maximus has had the license for Kingpin since the summer of 2017 and they still do not have a manufacturer to make the machine.
They might be working with two prototypes at this time.
Listening to all the seminars they have done at pinball shows for the past few years on Pinballnews.com, makes me feel like Kingpin will probably be fruitful for the mass market in 2021.
I'm hoping Circus Maximus will get a manufacturer, or relinquish the license to another group, or explain more about the Kingpin project soon...

#649 4 years ago

These should be to market before 2021. Hoping that all the stars align to make it happen.

#650 4 years ago

It would be nice to see it happen. Both me and my wife like the game. Either way I'll be looking for a lighted fame for my translite.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
£ 2.95
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
There are 1,232 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here/page/13?hl=loveneverdiesguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.