Topic Stats

• 652 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by mjenison
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 68 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

405D4767-A664-4E6D-9BB7-D8A1F0FB5BBF (resized).jpeg
60E7D3A4-4CDA-4B17-A737-894A8F80F9D6 (resized).jpeg
2BA02993-4197-459E-A72F-79C7540C3FC2 (resized).jpeg
A537A126-9050-4A45-A29B-C23FD61DED03 (resized).jpeg
03B00AAF-FB53-49F0-8123-016FD6862F6A (resized).jpeg
1C479746-736F-4538-8584-A52B855E155C (resized).jpeg
3D1B04A5-5040-456F-A9AF-B786B50FE4D7 (resized).jpeg
BD67E7DE-FC04-472A-81B5-EAFD2B9F698B (resized).jpeg
D3B96228-B301-47F3-83D1-837F5F476E7D (resized).jpeg
2B30434B-5C14-42D6-B06B-4059A9A22451 (resized).jpeg
6C79D434-8B79-4F46-8846-DAEDAB2A4A45 (resized).jpeg
AB054EBC-9B96-43EC-8F13-3D187D8288C7 (resized).jpeg
AFDF7BCF-88AE-4FE1-8D71-1C48BF1B8496 (resized).jpeg
F3A05A30-7ECA-4E22-A91D-843973972D5D (resized).jpeg
3D19D53C-11A9-4BBC-8E6E-E1C1B5FED8E0 (resized).jpeg
BDDD1EE0-5F09-484D-918C-4702E7E38618 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.
#501 4 months ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Any progress pics of anything?

On their facebook page:
''We’ve been a bit quiet lately here on Facebook, but rest assured we are still rocking and rolling on Kingpin.

James and Paul are flying high-class on Spirit Airlines to LA for some detailed engineering today.

Circus Maximus trips are always an adventure so it should be a crazy several days on the west coast!

Our next show will be in Atlanta at SFGE July 12-14th, we hope to see a lot of you there!''

#502 4 months ago

Oh no, Paul, James, one word of advice.......don't fly spirit!

#503 4 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Oh no, Paul, James, one word of advice.......don't fly spirit!

Spirit wasn't as bad as it could have been. Actually overall it was pretty good. We even sprang for the big seat on the way back since we only had about 2.5 hours of sleep the night before.

This trip was mainly engineering verifications/clarifications related to the playfield itself.

A couple behind the scenes photos, and yes, these photos were staged a bit. We did go through 3+ cases of Diet Dew in just over 48 hours though.

#NeedMoreSquares
#CraploadOfDietDew

LA-Trip01 (resized).pngLA-Trip02 (resized).png
#504 4 months ago

Flying spirit and staying in a high class Motel 6? Someone should tell Circus Maximus about pre-order money and penthouses! Digging the progress guys, thanks for the update.

#505 4 months ago
Quoted from Apex:

Flying spirit and staying in a high class Motel 6? Someone should tell Circus Maximus about pre-order money and penthouses!

We've stayed in much worse hotels before, even a friends condemned house at one point (long funny story, but it was a city politics issue, not a safety issue).

We'd much rather spend the money on the game and manufacturing parts for the game instead of fancy hotels and airplanes. Although that length of flight on Spirit is about the longest I'd want to take in those seats.

Paul

#506 4 months ago

Looks like you boys had a rough night together at The Motel.

No more distractions
I want my Kingpin

No serious , keep working at it.

#507 4 months ago

Color display ? Factory LEDs ? Trim options ? Topper ?

#508 4 months ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

A couple behind the scenes photos, and yes, these photos were staged a bit. We did go through 3+ cases of Diet Dew in just over 48 hours though.

Good work guys!
Keep the pics and progress coming.
But please tell me that is a Diet Mountain Dew stain.
PNG image (resized).png

#509 4 months ago

Looks like a protractor. Kinda fits in with the other items. What’s the laptop for? All you need is a slide rule.

#510 4 months ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Looks like a protractor. Kinda fits in with the other items.

Good eyes! That's exactly what it is.

#511 4 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

Color display ? Factory LEDs ? Trim options ? Topper ?

It will have a color display similar to the newer Spooky games or Stern games. You will also be able to play the classic ROM version with the dots. There has been some interest in coloring the original dots, and while we will not be doing this ourselves, it may be done by a third party and we will support them however we can.

It will be LED out of the box. The current game we bring to shows is also LED.

We haven't nailed down the trim options. We do not really believe in the different game play features on different versions of the game (ala Pro/Premium/LE) so the gameplay will almost certainly be the same between the versions. Differences would be mostly art and type/color of the hardware, etc.

There was a topper designed for the game originally.

Paul

#512 4 months ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

It will have a color display similar to the newer Spooky games or Stern games. You will also be able to play the classic ROM version with the dots. There has been some interest in coloring the original dots, and while we will not be doing this ourselves, it may be done by a third party and we will support them however we can.
It will be LED out of the box. The current game we bring to shows is also LED.
We haven't nailed down the trim options. We do not really believe in the different game play features on different versions of the game (ala Pro/Premium/LE) so the gameplay will almost certainly be the same between the versions. Differences would be mostly art and type/color of the hardware, etc.
Paul

Cant wait to see more!ColorDMD would be totaly awesome

#513 4 months ago

I hope Eric has the job to do the color dots!

#514 4 months ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Paul

Are you guys planning on sticking with that original design or doing something different?

#515 4 months ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Are you guys planning on sticking with that original design or doing something different?

Probably both.

#516 4 months ago

Paul,

Are you guys still trying to make the original spinner/opto hotel mechanism work, or have you settled on an LCD solution?

#517 4 months ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

This is awesome! I played it at California Extreme last year and found it to be really fun. Great modes. Kinda reminded me of Sopranos in how you move up the ranks.

[quoted image]

Game looks super dark in the photo you posted

#518 4 months ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Probably because the picture itself is super dark

#519 4 months ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

#520 4 months ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Paul,
Are you guys still trying to make the original spinner/opto hotel mechanism work, or have you settled on an LCD solution?

We are close to testing the LCD solution for the Hotel Lex mech. An original DC motor version may be available as an option (possibly even from a third party as a mod), but once you see what we plan to do with the LCD version we think people will like it. The slot is really only used for a single mode in the original game.

Paul

#521 4 months ago

For those that miss the long gameplay from last year SFGE:

#522 4 months ago

I bought the signed translite, and am totally down for a Kingpin when it's released. I put the translite in a frame so have pondered at it on the wall. The gangster is shooting and killing, and has the facial appearance of a ghoul. Quite appropriate really, as that's what these life-taking murderers are. Nothing more disturbingly profound than erasing someone's existence forever.

Great artwork!

2 weeks later
#523 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I hope Eric has the job to do the color dots!

I think malenko is significantly better.

#524 4 months ago

SFGE is here!

#525 4 months ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

SFGE is here!

Wish I could be there. Enjoy playing Kingpin!

#527 4 months ago

Crickets on updates on this thing

#528 4 months ago

If there was a Nobel prize for services to CAPCOM I'd nominate circus mazimus but without searching this entry thread will they be r reproducing capcom designs flippers and other mechanisms

#529 4 months ago
Quoted from john17a:

will they be r reproducing capcom designs flippers and other mechanisms

Remains to be announced. They are working up the costs of making Capcom parts vs using what is currently available.

#530 4 months ago

I was on Gene’s KP list after BBB was done, that fizzled out. Played original Capcom KP, thought it was great. Do we join a list or something? I went to Circus Maximus website but no info.

#531 4 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

I was on Gene’s KP list after BBB was done, that fizzled out. Played original Capcom KP, thought it was great. Do we join a list or something? I went to Circus Maximus website but no info.

Buy a Kingpin translite now to be placed on the list. These translites were limited in number. There were only a dozen or fewer left about a month or two ago. Good luck!

#532 4 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

I just checked the website. The translite is listed as having sold out. There were 250 produced. Purchasing a translite determines the order of opportunity to buy a game.

Even if you're not in line for the 1st 250 games, I would inquire about getting in line for the 251st one available.

#533 4 months ago

I guess I could just wait for them to get built. I’ve been burned by both predator and Aliens fiascos.

#534 4 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

I guess I could just wait for them to get built. I’ve been burned by both predator and Aliens fiascos.

Its worth sending them an email and letting them know you're intetested. That way if one of the 250 refuse first rights to thier game Circus will have you as a backup buyer. I'm assuming you just wouldn't get a signed translite with your KP.

#535 4 months ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Its worth sending them an email and letting them know you're intetested. That way if one of the 250 refuse first rights to thier game Circus will have you as a backup buyer. I'm assuming you just wouldn't get a signed translite with your KP.

True. Without a deposit at this time, no harm, no foul.

#536 4 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

True. Without a deposit at this time, no harm, no foul.

The list is not a traditional preorder list. If you bought a translite, it was mailed to you already. Your name gets placed on a list in the order of translite purchase.

When games are available, Circus Maximus will offer games to each person on the list, in that order, without any obligation to buy. If declined, Circus Maximus will move on to the next person on the list.

In other words, games will be sold to customers only when the games are ready to be shipped. That's my understanding. The Zidware, Predator, Dutch Pinball preorder model is dead forever. Nobody will be resurrecting the failed preorder model of paying to fund the enterprise. . .thank goodness. Ding dong, the preorder witch is dead.

#537 4 months ago

My understanding is they will also be making as many as people want to purchase. Ordering the translite just gets you on the list for the first 250 games.

#538 4 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

My understanding is they will also be making as many as people want to purchase. Ordering the translite just gets you on the list for the first 250 games.

That's also my understanding. The autographed translites are limited to 250; however, game production is unlimited.

#539 4 months ago
Quoted from ZNET:

That's also my understanding. The autographed translites are limited to 250; however, game production is unlimited.

Excellent news. I pm’d Circus Maximus. So we will see.

#540 4 months ago

Played a couple of games today at SFGE. Still love those ramps and sounds. Can’t wait for this machine!

#541 4 months ago

BTW Paul and the crew will probably give some updates from the SFGE tonight or tomorrow,stay tuned

#542 4 months ago

And hopefully some video from the show.

Oh, and a response. Would be great. Thanks.

#543 4 months ago
Quoted from john17a:

If there was a Nobel prize for services to CAPCOM I'd nominate circus mazimus but without searching this entry thread will they be r reproducing capcom designs flippers and other mechanisms

The next step for CM is to build sample games (eight if I recall). They're in the process of this now. The game they built and have been taking to shows has NOS Capcom flippers.

The first sample game will be built with Williams flipper mechs in order to compare the gameplay. If the feel is different than w\ Capcom flippers, they will work on manufacturing Capcom flipper mechs. Their goal is to faithfully recreate the game as Capcom intended. But having to manufacture Capcom mechs will add time and cost to the process.

#544 4 months ago

I’m excited for KingPin, it’s just so damned fun to shoot. Highlight of SFGE every year for me. I only got in a few games this time because I was tournament tech, but after trying all the other new non-Stern pins I felt Kingpin beat them all, Wonka included. Obviously just my opinion.

#545 4 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

but after trying all the other new non-Stern pins I felt Kingpin beat them all, Wonka included.

Where do we send your check? <GRIN>

We are happy everyone got to enjoy it again at SFGE this year. We are working hard to have more than one to play at the next show we go to this year, but it's going to be very tight schedule wise to make it happen.

Paul

#546 4 months ago

Terrible game made by terrible people with terrible intentions.

They spent all the pre-order money, and I bet they don't even have the license.

</sarcasm>

#547 4 months ago

#548 4 months ago
Quoted from Compy:

Terrible game made by terrible people with terrible intentions.
They spent all the pre-order money, and I bet they don't even have the license.

Are you sure you clicked on the right thread?

#549 4 months ago

It's a joke. Compy is one of the team members.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Are you sure you clicked on the right thread?

#550 4 months ago
Quoted from Compy:

I bet they don't even have the license.

Wow.

They've worked with PPS for a long time now going back to their Pinball Circus project.

Quoted from Compy:

They spent all the pre-order money,

They haven't taken any pre order money.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
$ 6.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 239.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 189.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
There are 652 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside