3CCE1E5D-6D0C-40AC-A41E-134BAA3FCB23.gif
EB3AAF44-9D54-49D7-97E2-D3A5477D373A (resized).jpeg
1D778A70-1C9F-40DC-820A-8074DFD5A9D8 (resized).jpeg
4C95C47D-52CF-43EC-AC40-2829CC946380 (resized).jpeg
A1C57DA9-7DD5-4997-9688-67D584209F6F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Compy (6 years ago)

Post #162 New display prototype solution for DMD from TPF. Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 1,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 25.
#2 6 years ago

Pretty exciting news... hopefully they contract it out so it can be done sooner than later. Gueesing it will be around 8k like most other stuff. Nice that it will have og code and new updated code.

#3 6 years ago

That’s good stuff and ya know it will sell. Nice to see these remakes being made so more can enjoy the experience

#4 6 years ago

Very excited about this project! Translite ordered.

#5 6 years ago

The cab art/coloring was always spectacular.
Glad to see Mark Ritchie get another great game in more people’s hands.

Does this mean we’ll see Orange County Choppers next? Fingers crossed!

#6 6 years ago

cool, might actually get to play one of these in my life time

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

cool, might actually get to play one of these in my life time

My thoughts also... and maybe even own one lol

#8 6 years ago

Great read. Thanks for posting!

#9 6 years ago

Why can kingpin be remade with a p-roc and not BBB,I always thought the code needed to be cracked and that is very hard?

#10 6 years ago

Nice to have another design from mark... i enjoy ft and ij and the way they shoot.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I always thought the code needed to be cracked and that is very hard?

Technology seems to be moving forward....

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Why can kingpin be remade with a p-roc and not BBB,I always thought the code needed to be cracked and that is very hard?

Im sure bbb can be on proc....

#13 6 years ago

fantastic news, what a great game

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

fantastic news, what a great game

Great theme and design... plus new and old code will b nice option in home use

#15 6 years ago

Not many gameplay vids but heres one. Hopefully will get bunch new ones from tpf

#16 6 years ago

Guys, I don’t want to burst your bubble ... I see most of the excitement is from guys who haven’t played it.

I’ll give you the tip. It isn’t $50,000 because it’s a super great game.

It’s ok.

Like Big Bang Bar is ok. That isn’t worth $15,000 because it’s a great game either. Sure is pretty though ...

Maybe get some gametime in on KP before you order, is the point I’m trying to make.

Actually, that’s sage advice for any game.

rd

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Guys, I don’t want to burst your bubble ... I see most of the excitement is from guys who haven’t played it.

I'm excited such a rare game will be out there to be played more for sure, but agree BBB isn't the greatest playing game.

#18 6 years ago

I'm looking forward to finally playing one of these. Hopefully. one day.

In my opinion the proposed LE version looks awful. I don't think this artwork is really gonna work on a newer game (there's a reason nobody has hired DC to do art for a pinball since about 1977) but I guess I could be wrong.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It’s ok.
Like Big Bang Bar is OK. That isn’t worth $15,000 because it’s a great game either. Sure is pretty though ...
Maybe get some gametime in on KP before you order, is the point I’m trying to make.
rd

Wait!, what! Let me get this straight, your saying that we should play a game before we plunk down $8000+ for it? That's crazy talk!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wait!, what! Let me get this straight, your saying that we should play a game before we plunk down $8000+ for it? That's crazy talk!

Advanced concept huh?

I know lots of Pinside has lots of money to burn ... but I do scratch my head sometimes when I see “xxx machine, only 20 plays, just like new!” come up for sale. A little bit of due diligence would have saved the hassle, and the financial loss ...

rd

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'm not lining up to buy one, but hopefully it'll end up in circulation in the Denver area and I'll get to put a few games on one someday. That will probably never happen if remakes don't get made.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I know lots of Pinside has lots of money to burn ... but I do scratch my head sometimes when I see “xxx machine, only 20 plays, just like new!” come up for sale. A little bit of due diligence would have saved the hassle, and the financial loss ...
rd

It might be more aboot the ability to resell a game. I bought GB without playing it and it sucked, so I sold it quick, didn't really cost me much.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It might be more aboot the ability to resell a game. I bought GB without playing it and it sucked, so I sold it quick, didn't really cost me much.

That’s true. Up till now, people haven’t been taking a hit.

However now, I think most LEs are down $500 straight out of the box, if the model isn’t a huge sell out success ....

So those 20 games are going to cost $25 per each. That’s a pricey pinball game ...

rd

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

now, I think most LEs are down $500 straight out of the box, if the model isn’t a huge sell out success ....
So those 20 games are going to cost $25 per each. That’s a pricey pinball game ...

What about $480 for the unboxing experience and the giddy feeling of having a brand new, $8k machine in your house for a month or two, and $20 for the 20 games? Not my bag, necessarily, but I imagine that would work out for some folks.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It’s ok.
Like Big Bang Bar is ok. That isn’t worth $15,000 because it’s a great game either. Sure is pretty though ...
rd

This is spot on. Super cool theme but gameplay gets boring fast. Maybe with some deeper rules it might be better but it’s just an average game that’s rare right now. Go to cax and play it firsthand if you are curious.

#26 6 years ago

This is awesome! I played it at California Extreme last year and found it to be really fun. Great modes. Kinda reminded me of Sopranos in how you move up the ranks.

Kingpin_CAX (resized).jpgKingpin_CAX (resized).jpg

#27 6 years ago

one thing will never change...
CAPCOM is so cool and special too

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It’s ok.
rd

I love Big Bang Bar, so if it's as good as that then I'm in. Well assuming it isn't sold as a 15k+ pin of course. Having said that I will play it first before committing any cash. Art package and theme work for me, so now gameplay is all that remains to make the sale.

#29 6 years ago

Played it once or twice. Not $50,000.00 worth of play but maybe if one zero was removed i'd get one.

#30 6 years ago

Much better then BBB
I hope they colored the dmd when it comes out

I’m so getting one

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Much better then BBB
I hope they colored the dmd when it comes out
I’m so getting one

Im sure it will be colored since its will have a lcd screen in it anyhow

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm looking forward to finally playing one of these. Hopefully. one day.
In my opinion the proposed LE version looks awful. I don't think this artwork is really gonna work on a newer game (there's a reason nobody has hired DC to do art for a pinball since about 1977) but I guess I could be wrong.

EXACTLY. The LE backglass from last year is TERRIBLE, and the game isn't "King Pin" it's "Kingpin". They supposedly have access to the original artist, so why not let him do the LE one? Dave Christensen's style simply doesn't match this game's existing art AT ALL.

AWESOME ORIGINAL BACKGLASS
kingpin_backglass_sml (resized).jpgkingpin_backglass_sml (resized).jpg

SAD Dave Christensen LE backglass that doesn't match the existing style at ALL. Wrong "King Pin" naming carried to the proto LE cabinet art.
kingpin-le (resized).jpgkingpin-le (resized).jpg

#33 6 years ago

For those of you up here at the Texas Pinball Festival this year, come by our booth and play the development machine we put together. Ask any questions you want, and come to our seminar Saturday at noon and we'll talk about the process of building this game! Lunch will be provided.

Quoted from rockrand:

I developed the emulation bridge to the P-ROC that allows you to run the latest original Capcom Kingpin code on P3-ROC hardware, which is how this game runs. The original Capcom boards had a custom ASIC that was generally the issue with production. Most other components on the boards were standard. Due to lack of availability and advancements in technology, it made sense to redesign the system. I can confirm that BBB also runs on our platform.

-- Jimmy

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

EXACTLY. The LE backglass from last year is TERRIBLE, and the game isn't "King Pin" it's "Kingpin". They supposedly have access to the original artist, so why not let him do the LE one? Dave Christensen's style simply doesn't match this game's existing art AT ALL.

Then don't order any of Dave's art package. Order one with all original art.

#35 6 years ago

Translight ordered. Hope to get in on the game early. Can’t wait to play this weekend!!

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I would like an LE that's an upgrade, not a downgrade. Put Dave's on the standard instead and watch the sales of the LE versions with original art blow up.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Translight ordered. Hope to get in on the game early. Can’t wait to play this weekend!!

Me Too!!!

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

So we are only allowed to critique stuff we are buying?

That’s a new one around here.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So we are only allowed to critique stuff we are buying?
That’s a new one around here.

My apologies. I certainly didn't mean for it to come off that way. I was saying that both will be available I can see how the brevity would lead to that misunderstanding.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

My apologies. I certainly didn't mean for it to come off that way. I was saying that both will be available I can see how the brevity would lead to that misunderstanding.

Thanks for getting this out to the masses! I ordered my Translite this morning just to get in as a early adopter!! I dig the original art as well

#41 6 years ago

Get your t-shirts now from

http://www.stanfukuoka.com/cool-stuff/king-pin-big-boss-2-0-tee

BE35DE9F-6380-4640-999F-37A90CCB2B6E (resized).jpegBE35DE9F-6380-4640-999F-37A90CCB2B6E (resized).jpeg

3C400AE0-84EC-4239-B5E0-618131A1E823 (resized).jpeg3C400AE0-84EC-4239-B5E0-618131A1E823 (resized).jpeg

#42 6 years ago

Looking forward to seeing it at the show.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Thanks for getting this out to the masses! I ordered my Translite this morning just to get in as a early adopter!! I dig the original art as well

Couldn't agree more! Love the original art package, I think it is a really cohesive package! Can't wait to work on more of the game!

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Gotta have original translite
Where you can order ?

#47 6 years ago
#48 6 years ago

I personally think purely as a game that Kingpin is better than Big Bang Bar. No Capcom has amazing rules, they're a product of their era, but it's more interesting for sure.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I personally think purely as a game that Kingpin is better than Big Bang Bar. No Capcom has amazing rules, they're a product of their era, but it's more interesting for sure.

Played kingpin many times and really liked it
Much better imo then BBB

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It’s ok.
rd

I have played king pin and have been collecting for a long time and let me say this king pin is a Mark Ritchie classic and easily a top ten game of all time; it’s a flow monster with some killer wizard modes. I can’t wait

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,237 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-kingpin-is-being-builtinfo-here/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.