(Topic ID: 108455)

Capcom Flipper Football random reset...help please!

By Xpinmonkey

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Xpinmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I have a Capcom flipper football that has worked great until recently. Now it will reset randomly. It will do this in the middle of a game and also in attract mode. Sometimes it will be right away within a few seconds of bootup and sometimes it can be up to 5 minutes or so. What will happen is when playing the screen will flash and all will go dark (all lights shut off) then it will reboot and come back.

I have used different outlets as I heard it could be the power fluxes, but I feel I ruled it out as I have other pinballs in outlets and work fine. This has worked fine for over a year or so.

I am thinking it could be a capacitor or something with board but not sure. Any body could help I would love to get this back up and working.

Thanks in advance for any and all help with this.

4 months later
#3 9 years ago

Problem solved, or at least for several hours it's been working without a reset. There are 6 big capacitors and 3 bridge rectifiers on the power board. I reflowed the soldier joints on all of them and the game has been solid since.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 49.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Lighting
Cobra Amusements
Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Xpinmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-flipper-football-random-resethelp-please?tu=Xpinmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.