Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by edwood
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I am having problems with my Flipper Football. The game turns on and gameplay begins however, when it launches the first ball the flippers do not operate. The ball just keeps draining and relaunching. Goals to not register when this happens as well.
I have tried to look at the diagnostic test and it is telling me that nothing is wrong.
I also should mention that the opto board had been replaced on this game before I owned it.

If anyone has any idea what the problem could be or anything I could try it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#2 10 years ago

Have you pulled and checked the fuses for the flippers with a meter ?

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

Yes, all fuses are good.
When I run a diagnostic check on the solenoids all the flippers work.
When the game starts and shoots the ball out, sometimes both flippers will start to move together (on their own) but, when the ball drains the game just keeps shooting the ball out again and nothing registers.
When you run the troubleshooting check on the game it says that there are no errors.

4 years later
#4 5 years ago

This is a flakey opto in the ball trough.
It only allows the flippers to work when the opto can SEE that the ball is no longer there...
When it's stuck shut it thinks the ball is still sitting there and keep trying to kick it out over and over.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-flipper-football-problems?hl=edwood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.