(Topic ID: 191609)

Capcom Flipper Football False Goal Problem

By mjmdudeman

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 2 years ago

I came across this old post as I am now a FF owner and had lots of phantom goals. What I did to solve the problem was to unplug the bank of optos by the goal.

After I lifted the playfield, there is a red connector on the left and after unplugging it, the opto in the subway was still working so the game plays great. There is a slight delay when you get the ball past the "goalie" and you will get beaten by the halftime/final buzzer in some instances. Regardless, this did the trick and I think it'll work for you as long as your opto in the subway is working fine.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I figured it seems to be fatigue related. Those optos get hot as hell after being on at the arcade all day. That seems to cause false goal flair ups constantly!
My DMD is also dying on me, so if anyone has a spare of the high-def DMD used ONLY for Flipper Football please please let me know! My playfield has some nasty wear too, if anyone has an NOS. I know Capcom was blowing them out for cheap when they closed

I saw in another thread that someone was talking to the ColorDMD guys about this. Would be nice to have ColorDMD support and this game has amazing dots!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-flipper-football-false-goals-problem?tu=marcand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.