(Topic ID: 190852)

Capcom EOS details?

By HighVoltage

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I was going over my Breakshot I recently picked up and fixing issues. I notice one flipper EOS is "dead" in diagnostics. How is EOS used in this game? It flips fine, just wondering if it is constantly providing high power to the coil while flipper is held up and if this will damage the coil/transistor, or if there's still computer control to prevent this?

The switch is there and appears to look and mechanically work fine. I haven't debugged the issue yet, might just be continuity, just wondering if it's risky to play with it registered as "dead".

#2 6 years ago

Not high power.

Open when the flipper is at rest. Closed when the flipper flips up.

Like fliptronics, machine will compensate for it.

Easy to check for broken wires from EOS around the playfield to the board in the head. You have a break somewhere.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

I think I phrased my question poorly, I meant without the EOS engaging is the coil continuing to get full power while the flipper is held. But you answered my question, thanks Lloyd.

I'm suspicious it might be the connector, didn't see any broken wires...

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

didn't see any broken wires...

That is why they make meters. So you can check continuity of a wire from one spot to another. Wires can break inside the casing where you can't see it.

Capcom used too small a wire for switches. So breaks are common along the switches and underside of playfield.

LTG : )

#5 6 years ago

Yeah, fully intend to do that continuity check after I reseat / check connector as they already gave me some other problems...

Good to know about the suspect small wires... and meters!

1 week later
#6 6 years ago

The reason I wanted to know if I could run without fixing was I was putting the machine in NWPAS the next day and didn't know if I'd have time to repair. I took another closer look and it was just the diode that had broken loose...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-eos-details and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.