• Latest reply 12 years ago by rockstar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Breakshot_&_Space_jam.jpg
#1 13 years ago

There is a skill shot on this machine, it also happens to be a great little trick to get to Cutthroat Countdown in your first ball while getting a ton of points without ever leaving the top corner of the play field.

Lightly plunge the ball so it bounces off the bottom of the bankshot drop targets onto the upper right flipper. Now flip the ball around the bankshot and catch it again on that same flipper (for the next part of the tip). If you completed this before the flashing green light on the bankshot goes out, then you got the skillshot.

Now continue to shoot the ball through the bankshot and catch it, repeat it. Each time you complete a lap around the bankshot you will complete a ball from the current game. Before you know it you have completed 8-ball, 9-ball, and rotation. You are perfectly set up to start your Cutthroat Countdown, just flip the ball a little harder on your last catch (and closer to the base of the flipper) and send it up and over into the 1 ball spot landing another cool million for your first ball of cutthroat.

If you continue to hit the bank shot over and over the amount of points grows quite fast, with in 8-10 times you are getting a million or more fore each loop. I have found no limit to the increase. Highest I have seen is 8.5 million per bankshot. The only catch is you must hit the next bankshot before the flashing green light goes out... if you don't then it starts the bankshot point value back at 30,000.

I will post a video of this trick as soon as I get my drop targets in working order. Without them the ball gets stuck a lot when i try this trick.

3 months later
#2 12 years ago

I picked up a HUO Breakshot a few week's ago... Oldschool with a DMD..

Man,, I Loved the B/Glass !!!!

Breakshot_&_Space_jam.jpgBreakshot_&_Space_jam.jpg

#3 12 years ago

Thanks for the tip! The problem is that with only 1,000 of them made, it's pretty hard to actually find one to play.

#4 12 years ago

yeah the bg does look neat with 1000 made you 2 are fortunate

#5 12 years ago

Up in Washington DC at the pinball museum some of the original artwork is on display next to Breakshot. I really liked the original artwork design with Zeus and the gods playing pool with the planets so much better than the generic billiards/girls, oh well. [/offtopic]

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks for the tip! The problem is that with only 1,000 of them made, it's pretty hard to actually find one to play.

You can often find these in billiard dealers' showrooms. I've seen a few out there in the past couple of months. Columbus and Wichita, but still. They're out there!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-breakshot-trick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.