You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

airborne17_(resized).jpg
airborne18_(resized).jpg
airborne05_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I am restoring a horribly abused Capcom Airborne. It seems to be in fairly good mechanical condition with only a few exceptions. The one I am working on now is a bank of 8 lights that is out on the back board. I've traced (well, not really, the self test kind of told me) the problem down to the driver board JP9 / JP10.6 . I don't see anything physically wrong here (the harness is not disconnected or anything). I pulled the harness on both JP9 and JP10 and reseated them. No change. So, what do I look at next? I have limited knowledge on working on pinballs but I have all the tools, etc to fix whatever is wrong. I just need pointed in the right direction.

airborne05_(resized).jpgairborne05_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#2 7 years ago

What a awesome rare game to restore! How much did you pay for it? Can you post some pictures of your disassembly? How do you get to the rear of the play-field to take it apart? Capcom play-field hinges make it difficult to get to.

#3 7 years ago

Believe it or not I bought it in a lot of 10 games for $400 and have spent about a month restoring it so far. I have over 600 pictures of the restoration and have posted a few on my website (more will come as the process winds down). I will probably have the machine (play field) back together by the end of next week and will start on the electronics/mechanicals. So far the only thing I have found that doesn't work is that one bank of lights. I do need to do something about the bottom of the cabinet (it is pretty soft) and will have to polish up the legs a bit. They are still full of old mud dobber nests.

The rear can be reached when the play field is raised but it sticks down inside the body so it is tough to get to things.

My Airborne webpage:
http://www.lightweightmiata.com/arcade/airborne/

#4 7 years ago

Hey, big props to you for taking this on.

As far as accessability goes... It's a bit awkward but you can pivot the playfield forward and up, and then use a cardboard box or two to support the front of the playfield on the front of the cabinet. That'll give you a better angle to work on the back half.

Good luck with tracing out the lights.

#5 7 years ago

Can't wait to see more pictures!

#6 7 years ago

Anyone have an answer to my question???

A neat pair of pictures for SLeRiC (took me a month to get here)...

airborne17_(resized).jpgairborne17_(resized).jpg
airborne18_(resized).jpgairborne18_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-airborne-problem-with-driver-board-bank-of-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.