View topic image gallery

Airborne_#2.JPG
Airborne_#1.JPG
airborne.jpg
7-13_015.JPG
7-13_012.JPG
7-13_005.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Wow-I just started LED conversion on Capcom Airborne and it came out looking like night and day. At first I was going to keep nostalgic look, but I am glad that I got the itch. Some games really come to life with LED's and Airborne is one of them(: Has anyone done a LED conversion that made a huge difference and if so what game?

7-13_005.JPG7-13_005.JPG 7-13_012.JPG7-13_012.JPG 7-13_015.JPG7-13_015.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Something just ain't right about that first pic unless every insert in that game is the same color...

#3 10 years ago

Moved to modding pinball sub forum. Looks good!

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Moved to modding pinball sub forum. Looks good!

Thanks Tiger-I forgot you are Mr. Moderator now(;

#5 10 years ago

IMHO, LEDs and Capcoms are a bad combination. I tried putting LEDs in my Airborne, but I hated the way they strobed. It's literally the only game I own that still has incandescents for most of the controlled lamps. I think I have about three LEDs total in the game.

#6 10 years ago

looks good, man! Can't believe you picked up an Airbourne that fast. Where did you find it?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

looks good, man! Can't believe you picked up an Airbourne that fast. Where did you find it?

After you and I played it at showdown-I had to have one. I have been searching ever since. This one fell in my lap from collector who had passed away in Oregon and his daughter gave me a very fair deal.

#8 10 years ago

Airborne is a fun game, I liked it much more than F-14.....Leds look much better than those silly energy gouging incs! Nicely done pinmister!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Has anyone done a LED conversion that made a huge difference and if so what game?

Batman Forever looked like night and day too, before and after LEDing.

Airborne is on my wishlist, looks awesome!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

After you and I played it at showdown-I had to have one. I have been searching ever since. This one fell in my lap from collector who had passed away in Oregon and his daughter gave me a very fair deal.

Nice! I don't know where you put them all!

#11 10 years ago

Always wanted to play Airborne!!! Looks great!!!

#12 10 years ago

I dont know why but the cab artwork on Airborne and the back glass really trip my trigger.

#13 10 years ago

Do the LEDs that Cointaker sells not go bonkers? I wanted to just replace the flashers, and was surprised that even those were going nuts when I put them in...

#14 10 years ago

Hoping my planned led of Tmnt comes out that nicely. Just spent an hour yesterday figuring out the bulbs I need, colors, flashers 44/47 and 555. I will print my order list when completed to help any future Tmnt owners...I wish more people had order lists like that ready to go. I know led are individual preference but it would save a lot of time to star off with an idea...again looks great congrats.

#15 10 years ago

Looks great man! Good job.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Do the LEDs that Cointaker sells not go bonkers? I wanted to just replace the flashers, and was surprised that even those were going nuts when I put them in...

Your game may be defective, Ill take it off your hands and save you a lot of trouble

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Your game may be defective, Ill take it off your hands and save you a lot of trouble

Aw shucks, I'll save you the trouble and just toss it in the trash

(Before I have people prowling my trash, I KID I KID!!)

#18 10 years ago

I dont know why but the cab artwork on Airborne and the back glass really trip my trigger.

Hold on to your gun! LOL

Airborne is an awesome game. I SO wish Capcom had stayed in the pinball business. They had some great ideas. Congrats on the pickup! Not a fan of LED's myself, but whatever you like! Enjoy the machine!

airborne.jpgairborne.jpg

#19 10 years ago

How about a video so we can check out the light show?

#20 10 years ago

I don't think the original photo is a fair depiction of what an Airborne looks like with incandescents. Here's a couple photos of mine. The only LEDs in the whole game are the three green lock inserts. Everything else, including all the GI, is incandescents ...

Airborne_#1.JPGAirborne_#1.JPG Airborne_#2.JPGAirborne_#2.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-airborne-comes-to-life-with-coin-taker-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.