Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF4353.JPG
airborne[1].jpg
Airborne_-_playfield.jpg
Airborne_-_backglass.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I had the pleasure of playing a beautiful example of an Airborne at the Expo. Wow, what a fun game! The thing plays SUPER FAST, features some awesome sounds, and has the most extensive and unique assortment of wireforms and ramps I have ever seen. You gotta love those two scoop ramps right up front! I have always been a big fan of the way Capcom games feel. They are just so solid. I have no idea if Airborne would be a good long-term keeper, but I sure did love it after about 10 games! Anyone else played one of these? What are your thoughts?

Airborne_-_backglass.jpgAirborne_-_backglass.jpg Airborne_-_playfield.jpgAirborne_-_playfield.jpg

#2 12 years ago

I've had some play on it. While I didn't love it I did enjoy the speed and scoop ramps. They definitely gives it a unique feel.

#3 12 years ago

Gweem I am so glad you made me run over and try it. It is amazing and I would actually buy one. It would look good in your mancave.

#5 12 years ago

played it last night was pretty fun, wish i coulda tried the magic one next to it as well. too bad capcom didnt make more games they seemed to have it down pretty good

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

Too bad Capcom didn't make more games. They seemed to have it down pretty good ...

Did you have a chance to play Breakshot last night? There was a nice one there. Another fun and unique Capcom game.

#7 12 years ago

no didnt get a chance but it was busy all night

#8 12 years ago

All those Capcom's were good to play. Flipper football is worth a play-very different. Not sure if I would like to own one though. Airborne and PM are winners for me. When I had TOM I used to have err discussions with a friend who had a PM about which was the best.

#9 12 years ago

Looks like fun

#10 12 years ago

It was fun and all but it has Navy jets all over it....

#11 12 years ago

Oh nooooos...how dare they put navy jets all over the PF of a pinball game called airborne

#12 12 years ago

Oh nooooos...how dare they put navy jets all over the PF of a pinball game called airborne

could be this kind:

airborne[1].jpgairborne[1].jpg

#13 12 years ago

That was a mint Airborne, and it was the most fun I had at the expo. The breakshot was also fun, but nothing too special.

#14 12 years ago

The only problem with the Airborne was that it was impossible to make the shot up that steep right ramp. I talked to the owner, and he said he had dialed down the flipper power in order to help protect the machine. According to him, those plastics are irreplaceable.

1 year later
#15 10 years ago

*RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE*

I *finally* got around to setting up and playing the Airborne that I picked up not too long ago, and dang - the ONLY reason this game doesn't get more love is because of it's extremely short run. It's fast but super rewarding, has more ramps than you know what to do with, and is challenging, but not in a way that feels unfair.

I have zero issues making the right ramp on my game.

I need to spend some time tweaking it - mine is constantly scoring 100,000 when you hit the flippers all by itself - but this is an outstanding game! I'm tempted to flip the backglass upside down in the future too

#16 10 years ago

I'm glad you're digging Airborne, Dan. I beleive I started this thread right after playing Bill's at Expo a couple years ago. I have now owned the game for almost a year myself, and I still love it. Capcoms are awesome! It's a shame they didn't make more pins, as I thoroughly enjoy every game that came out of their factory, even Flipper Football.

#17 10 years ago

Mine's tricked out with orange metallic sideboards and orange powdercoated armor. I'll be buried in it. Or PM. Maybe half of me in each.

#18 10 years ago

Cool! Yeah, it's my first owned Capcom... to be honest, I wanted it partially because I didn't have a Capcom in the collection, and it was always the most interesting one to me, thought I'd play it for a few months and then sell it on...

I can't imagine this thing going anywhere. I love me my brutal games, and Airborne nearly matches IM for it's nastyness.

Now I just have to decide if I want to be crazy and do a playfield swap...

#19 10 years ago

I have a NOS AB PF if you need one.

#21 10 years ago

Glad you still like the game Gweem !

I miss its nastiness as well Dan...

And I know I will never have one as nice as the one I sold Gweem..I don think there could be one anywhere nicer....

Great game !

And yes rewarding as hell !

#22 10 years ago

I love Capcom games and I would never sell my PM, I hope someday to have a Airborne in the collection someday.

Joe(acejedi)

#23 10 years ago

I will jump in and show my Airborne love as well. Great machine, and deeper than you might think. There are ALOT of rules to this machine. Looks good, plays fast! Loudest credit knocker of any machine I have in the basement too!

DSCF4353.JPGDSCF4353.JPG

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I need to spend some time tweaking it - mine is constantly scoring 100,000 when you hit the flippers all by itself - but this is an outstanding game!

Check the fuses. A bit of a long shot, but I had the exact same issue. Figured it would be an opto, but after testing eliminated that. I decided to check the fuses for the heck of it. Looking at one of the fuses, I noticed it was barely hanging on and hitting the flippers was causing it to "disconnect". Strange. Been collecting for 15 years and never saw a fuse in that shape. It was underpowered, though, so might have been "wearing".....anyhow worth a shot.

Cheers,
Duane

#25 10 years ago

Been fortunate to spend a few games on Gweem's Airborne, and indeed.... it's one hell of a cool game. I really like the way the different air shows have callouts in their native languages.

Most innovative feature has to be the flipper button-activated afterburner pusher bar on the initial launch...

Later,
EV

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Been fortunate to spend a few games on Gweem's Airborne, and indeed.... it's one hell of a cool game. I really like the way the different air shows have callouts in their native languages.
Most innovative feature has to be the flipper button-activated afterburner pusher bar on the initial launch...
Later,
EV

That is indeed one very cool "skill shot" type of feature. I too love this game!

Gerry....you owned one of these huh?! Wish I knew you back than when you started getting rid of your high end collection

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capcom-airborne-awesome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.