3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Tomass
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200512_051822 (resized).jpg
    Small_Mono_Cap (resized).jpg
    15897400317428557295128488646711 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

I am trying to populate a bare board and I am looking for a ton of 103z capacitors. I found a 103 cap on ebay, but it is labled ct42. Not sure what that even means, but would it work for this? Or is there a better place to order? I am just starting an order list and need a bunch of odds and ends components. Thanks to any contributions.

15897400317428557295128488646711 (resized).jpg15897400317428557295128488646711 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

103Z is just a typical Z5U rated capacitor - most common version out there with a tolerance of +20% or -80%.

CT42 is not a standard rating for a capacitor. Must be a vendor's part number for a series of caps. I did a search on ebay and found the caps you were looking at - those will work fine.

If you do another spin on boards -- change the caps to multilayer style. You can get cheaper and better caps in that style. And the boards are easier to assemble with this style of cap (no lead bending).

Small_Mono_Cap (resized).jpgSmall_Mono_Cap (resized).jpg
    #3 3 years ago

The 0.01 uf, or 103 ceramic multilayer cpacitor is very common part and should be available in many places. I think ct42 is part of manufacturers code for the part and case, and the part value should come after that, so get 0.01 uF ct42 capacitors and you will be OK.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

103Z is just a typical Z5U rated capacitor - most common version out there with a tolerance of +20% or -80%.
    CT42 is not a standard rating for a capacitor. Must be a vendor's part number for a series of caps. I did a search on ebay and found the caps you were looking at - those will work fine.
    If you do another spin on boards -- change the caps to multilayer style. You can get cheaper and better caps in that style. And the boards are easier to assemble with this style of cap (no lead bending).[quoted image]

Thanks! I took your advice on the bussman fuse clips from the other thread and found them to be perfectly fine. No malformation like some said they experienced.

20200512_051822 (resized).jpg20200512_051822 (resized).jpg
    #5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuukka:

The 0.01 uf, or 103 ceramic multilayer cpacitor is very common part and should be available in many places. I think ct42 is part of manufacturers code for the part and case, and the part value should come after that, so get 0.01 uF ct42 capacitors and you will be OK.

Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/capacitor-question-7?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.