Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_20937 (resized).jpg
    DA9B13D5-E92C-4A40-901F-2317027624D5 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200328_214554898 (resized).jpg
    43773020_10217577232050969_6442959206134841344_o (resized).jpg
    892EF4C9-A475-4E0A-934D-778DA4099D49 (resized).jpeg
    20190330_140802 (resized).jpg
    IMG-20190404-WA0002 (resized).jpg
    IMG-20180912-WA0002 (resized).jpg
    20200226_124121 (resized).jpg
    86F9331B-50C7-4DEB-A758-4CB77628D400 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20200309-123425 (resized).png
    FB_IMG_1583636949421 (resized).jpg
    C58E1EB5-ED68-4EA7-BD2B-4D01DD1BA217.jpeg
    BED6F2F9-F3E9-4317-AFA5-D0C93C95545D.jpeg
    D1ADF6F8-6740-494A-B1A9-D7B65518D91D.png
    197827C5-C331-4BC6-BBFE-271FDFE4E703.jpeg
    There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

well my dog of 13+ years died suddenly this morning. was hopping through the front room , right before i was about to leave and all of the sudden all four of his legs just kinda fell out from under him. then he couldnt get up. so i change my plans, take him directly to the vet, and we went to him walking a little, to barely breathing, then in about a minute or two completely gone. my kids were upset, my wife was upset, and i thought i was handling it well, but once i laid down to sleep, i cant sleep and got pretty emotional to myself. RIP to my main man Casper, your greatly missed!

fan casper (resized).jpgfan casper (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Sorry to hear that. My thoughts go out to you.

#3 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss.

#4 4 years ago

#5 4 years ago

Sorry to hear brother, dogs are the best. They’ve gotten me through a lot in life. Sounds like he had a great family filled with wonderful memories. That’s about all you can do, I guess.

I’ll be giving my dogs some extra love today in honor of Casper.

#6 4 years ago

Hope you're sleeping now. Dogs are great. Mine don't get pinball, though. Can't understand why I'm standing in front of this big box, petting it and playing with it, and not them.

They do like to go to the hardware store to get things to maintain and fix the pinball.

Sorry for your loss.

#7 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss. At least you were with him when he passed. I have had to be with a couple of mine that I had to help to the other side of the rainbow bridge (cancer, organ failure) and the hole they leave in your heart is as big as it gets. I had a dog named Angel. She was the best dog we have ever had. She was 15 when she was diagnosed. The tears never really stop. The periods between them just get a little longer each day, then month, then year.

RIP Casper and Angel.

5B85E07E-1F8D-40CA-9A48-FD8331857050 (resized).jpeg5B85E07E-1F8D-40CA-9A48-FD8331857050 (resized).jpeg
    #8 4 years ago

Sorry to hear of your loss. I cried for three days when my little Dinky passed.

#9 4 years ago

Hang in there mate. It's never easy when this happens

#10 4 years ago

Man, I feel your pain. Sorry for your loss. I was devastated after losing mine.

Try to remember you gave him a great life and obviously your family loved him. RIP Casper.

#11 4 years ago

Losing your best friend is so hard. I lost my buddy Scooter a few weeks ago and still having issues. Hang in there!

3118DBFA-EFB1-4528-B63D-12811E5F1A17 (resized).jpeg3118DBFA-EFB1-4528-B63D-12811E5F1A17 (resized).jpeg
    #12 4 years ago

Good way for an old friend to pass.
    Fast and hopefully fairly painless.

#13 4 years ago

I’m so sorry for your loss. Pals forever, hang in there

#14 4 years ago

The best cure for a loss like this is a new puppy. It won't bring him back but it will ease the pain and separation anxiety. Sorry for your loss.

#15 4 years ago

He looked like a good boy! Sorry for your loss...

#16 4 years ago

The passing of a dog is sad day. I've watched 2 of our dogs just fall over dead. They are resting in the earth under the pear tree. To our misfortune as humans our dogs wear out too soon.

#17 4 years ago

Dear OP,

First sorry for your loss. I’ll keep this short and tell you what helps me when I lose a pet. This like anything will take time to recover. Don’t hold your emotions in around family. It’s a hard experience and as a family you will become a little tighter over the loss. Losing a pet is just like losing a human family member and sometimes even worse for some reason for many. The best thing is try to remember that you provided your pet with an excellent home. Many pets go to homes that aren’t so caring. As someone else said a new dog or puppy will help, but you will need TIME to heal.

Multiballmaniac

#18 4 years ago

I can relate to your post. Been there twice before and have a pet now that is healthy for 2 or 3 years then ends up in the hospital for week while I think I am going to lose her. She is still alive , fortunately, but the roller coster of ups and downs is hard. I know one of these hospital visits she will not make it. I always remember all of the good times with the two that have passed and miss them.

#19 4 years ago

Sorry. It’s the worst heartbreak ever.

#20 4 years ago

So sorry man.

#21 4 years ago

Sorry, for your family’s loss. We lost our Border Collie last year and even with a new family member are still not over it.

#22 4 years ago

Aw man. So sorry about your pup.

Losing a long term cat or dog is damn hard.

Try to remember all the good you did for him and how happy you made him. His life was better bc if you.

#23 4 years ago

My sympathies man. That's the hardest part of making a dog part of your family - you have to lose them. I've been there numerous times and it never gets easier.

Still well worth it though given all the joy and companionship they provide!

#24 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss. Been through it as recently as 2 years ago. Everything happened when her legs would give out too (could describe it as almost temporary paralysis). She developed epilepsy shortly thereafter which was tough because you are helpless when it happens (even with prescribed meds from the vet). Her epilepsy eventually took her life when she had a cluster of seizures in a short time frame.

Everything is going to take time and it’s an adjustment from your everyday routine. You’ll never stop thinking of Casper and how he enriched your life on a daily basis. I feel the pain you are going through. I’m so sorry for your loss.

#25 4 years ago

So sorry for your loss. I hope it brings some comfort that having you by his side made all the difference to him. You were there right till the end when he needed you most.

I can relate. This weekend my guy had the sudden onset of a disease that makes it so he can barely walk. I'm not sure how long he'll be here, or how I'll handle when he has to go.

#26 4 years ago

Its the worst. Not a very emotional person myself and still cry from time to time about the one I lost. Very sorry for your loss.

#27 4 years ago

I know the feeling. Sorry to hear of your loss.
    Pets are great!

#28 4 years ago

I can relate to this as it's one of the worst feelings in the world. If your a pet lover they are not only your best friend but they become one of your children. Condolences to you and your family on your loss.

#29 4 years ago

Sorry for the loss of your pet/friend.

#30 4 years ago

I’m so sorry for your loss. I haven’t found any words that make it better. I’m less than a year out from our nightmare. This is my Phoebe just before she passed. She fought for 5 years. Hang in there.

C0451AB9-3BA2-4D1A-81EB-2393437BAC68 (resized).jpegC0451AB9-3BA2-4D1A-81EB-2393437BAC68 (resized).jpeg
    #31 4 years ago

So sorry for your loss. We lost my sweet Baxter just recently. I focus on the happiness he brought us.

0317866D-8B00-40C2-BF54-09719331652E (resized).jpeg0317866D-8B00-40C2-BF54-09719331652E (resized).jpeg
    #32 4 years ago

I feel your pain.....We have only a short time left here, with sweet Rosie.
    Peace to your family.

Rosie and Daisy (resized).jpgRosie and Daisy (resized).jpg
    #33 4 years ago

i was able to finally fall asleep about 430 am, but back up at 730 and still sucks. its a bummer for sure, i never imagined it would be this difficult for a dog. geez dude was older than 2 of my kids.

#34 4 years ago

I’m so so sorry for your loss. It is one of the hardest things to go through. What a beautiful little guy you had there. I wish I could say it gets easier each day but I can’t. I still cry when thinking of my sweet baby that we lost 9 months ago. As much as it hurts thinking of the terrible last moments you experienced, just remember all the joy and love that he provided to you and your family. I can tell by looking at his little face that he could be a rascal at times Keep your head up.

#35 4 years ago

So very sorry, I had to let my little guy Elo go (he made it to 16) in the fall, and I still expect him to be there when I'm returning home. Your pup was a beauty.

#36 4 years ago

I am very Sorry for your loss.
    They become a member of the family.
    I always think that the emotion felt at passing is the price we pay for the privilege of their company.
    Since the provide 1000x emotional support during their life than they take at the end it is really a good deal for us.
    I am sure he was well loved and had a full life with you and your family.

#37 4 years ago

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread .
    It brought a tear to my eye hearing about your loss and everyone else's . There's nothing anyone can say that will take the pain away .
    It hurts so much because you loved him so much . Like other people have said he obviously had a great loving home and a long happy life . My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and of course Casper .

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Dear OP,
    First sorry for your loss. I’ll keep this short and tell you what helps me when I lose a pet. This like anything will take time to recover. Don’t hold your emotions in around family. It’s a hard experience and as a family you will become a little tighter over the loss. Losing a pet is just like losing a human family member and sometimes even worse for some reason for many. The best thing is try to remember that you provided your pet with an excellent home. Many pets go to homes that aren’t so caring. As someone else said a new dog or puppy will help, but you will need TIME to heal.
    Multiballmaniac

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

My sympathies man. That's the hardest part of making a dog part of your family - you have to lose them. I've been there numerous times and it never gets easier.
    Still well worth it though given all the joy and companionship they provide!

Tuna , I'm curious as to why you downvoted multiballmaniac , as he said nothing but nice and thoughtful comments .

#39 4 years ago

Our family has had many dogs throughout the years, and they typically don't live very long (Great Danes). I know it seems weird right now, but consider yourself fortunate he went really fast. There is nothing worse then seeing a dog in failing health, and trying to figure out on a daily basis if their quality of life is still okay.

Sorry for your loss, it is never easy. Time will smooth it out, but there are still days I find myself doing a routine for a dog that is no longer part of that routine. (Opening a door waiting for the dog to come in)

My best to you and your family.

#40 4 years ago

So sorry to hear of your loss.
    He will always be with you in your heart.

#41 4 years ago

I really feel for you and your family. We all love our pets so much!

#42 4 years ago

Do you have any other dogs that might miss Casper as well?
    I have had pets clearly mourn others before.

#43 4 years ago

So sorry! The only thing that will help is time.. so hard to lose such a good friend/family member.

#44 4 years ago

I'm sorry your family lost a loved one.

LTG : (

#45 4 years ago

I know it's not easy losing a best canine friend.
    Your dog is enjoying an all-you-can-eat treat buffet in the afterlife right now.

#46 4 years ago

Sorry bud, going through it now. Had to bury my girl yesterday and found this pic today from better days. Dogs & Cats are family. Hang in there

CBC1D96F-F19F-4D03-AD54-0C208F357CA6 (resized).jpegCBC1D96F-F19F-4D03-AD54-0C208F357CA6 (resized).jpeg
    #47 4 years ago

Saddened to read about your loss. My condolences to family and friends. Worse for me losing a pet than a human.

You Rest In Peace Casper. ❤️❤️

DF1B40C5-C078-470D-AF86-B378F8FB7788 (resized).jpegDF1B40C5-C078-470D-AF86-B378F8FB7788 (resized).jpeg
    #48 4 years ago

I’ve loved and buried a lot of pets. It sucks, and I’m sorry for your loss. Grieve your loved one. This too shall pass.

#49 4 years ago

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE POEM
    “Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together….”
    — Author unknown

#50 4 years ago

So sorry my friend, I totally get it. Funny and strange I lost my cat not long ago and she was also named Casper. She went exactly the same way as your Casper did, Way too early and way too fast. I hope they have fun chasing each other in a better place.

P1010008 (2) (resized).JPGP1010008 (2) (resized).JPG
    There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-sleep-my-dog-passed-today-pretty-upset?hl=gravity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.