Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_20937 (resized).jpg
    DA9B13D5-E92C-4A40-901F-2317027624D5 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200328_214554898 (resized).jpg
    43773020_10217577232050969_6442959206134841344_o (resized).jpg
    892EF4C9-A475-4E0A-934D-778DA4099D49 (resized).jpeg
    20190330_140802 (resized).jpg
    IMG-20190404-WA0002 (resized).jpg
    IMG-20180912-WA0002 (resized).jpg
    20200226_124121 (resized).jpg
    86F9331B-50C7-4DEB-A758-4CB77628D400 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20200309-123425 (resized).png
    FB_IMG_1583636949421 (resized).jpg
    C58E1EB5-ED68-4EA7-BD2B-4D01DD1BA217.jpeg
    BED6F2F9-F3E9-4317-AFA5-D0C93C95545D.jpeg
    D1ADF6F8-6740-494A-B1A9-D7B65518D91D.png
    197827C5-C331-4BC6-BBFE-271FDFE4E703.jpeg
    There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago
    Screenshot_20200308-181357 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200308-181357 (resized).png
    #52 4 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

[quoted image]

Amen

#53 4 years ago

So sorry. It sucks so much to lose a dog.

#54 4 years ago

That’s awful. Dogs are family here and I hate to hear that.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Do you have any other dogs that might miss Casper as well?
    I have had pets clearly mourn others before.

yes we had a cat and 2 other dogs, Casper was the "leader of the pack" they have been looking around for him quite a bit. It adds to the sadness

#56 4 years ago

So sorry for your loss. It hurts, and it hurts bad...I try to think of all the happy times, the adventures and the wonderful life my buddy had. I've got two kids but my first two were Chance and Emma. My wife and I got Chance a month after we got married. He was 14 and a half when we lost him a couple years ago. If you've ever read the book "Marley & Me", that was Chance. He was a bulldozer his entire life...but the sweetest and most loving dog I've ever been around.
    His sister, Emma, helped fill the gap as best as she could. We lost her about a month ago - and it was relatively sudden too. I've cried a lot for both of them. Losing Emma wasn't any easier, though I told myself it would be. Dogs are one of the most wonderful gifts ever given to man and it's heartbreaking to lose one. My prayers are with you and your family.

Gibbs_Family_0001 (resized).JPGGibbs_Family_0001 (resized).JPGGibbs_Family_0018 (resized).JPGGibbs_Family_0018 (resized).JPG
    #57 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss.

Over the years I have lost 4 dogs and and I still miss each one.

IMG_0053 (resized).jpegIMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
    #58 4 years ago

You bastards are making me tear up...
    After my dad was killed, we still had the dog, Hook... Captain Hook.
    He was the most lovable, dopiest dog. He spent 2 years taking care of us, and then when he was sure we were okay, he went to join my dad. I have a blanket with pictures of him all over my bed.

It was funny, my dad used to say, “I’ve had a lot of dogs, but damn I’m going to miss this guy the most.” And I guess he was lucky in some ways, because Hook missed him something terrible.

197827C5-C331-4BC6-BBFE-271FDFE4E703.jpeg197827C5-C331-4BC6-BBFE-271FDFE4E703.jpegBED6F2F9-F3E9-4317-AFA5-D0C93C95545D.jpegBED6F2F9-F3E9-4317-AFA5-D0C93C95545D.jpegC58E1EB5-ED68-4EA7-BD2B-4D01DD1BA217.jpegC58E1EB5-ED68-4EA7-BD2B-4D01DD1BA217.jpegD1ADF6F8-6740-494A-B1A9-D7B65518D91D.pngD1ADF6F8-6740-494A-B1A9-D7B65518D91D.png
    #59 4 years ago

So sorry for your families great loss. I lost my buddy almost a year ago and it still sucks.

#60 4 years ago

Sorry for your lose , you will have his memories for ever.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

It was funny, my dad used to say, “I’ve had a lot of dogs, but damn I’m going to miss this guy the most.”

A lot of truth in your dad's statement. I had a lot of dogs too. I miss the one 2 dogs back the most...you can try to fill some of the void with another, but when that special one come along you know it while they are alive. I was saying I'm going to cry like crazy when she dies..and I said that for like 13 years of her 14.
    I did just that..you can love another but you can't replace that dog. I will see her again someday. I know that pain. SRY!

#62 4 years ago

So so sorry... My girl is 15. She’s my heart. I am so sorry you lost you pup!!! Peace brother.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beaumistim:

yes we had a cat and 2 other dogs, Casper was the "leader of the pack" they have been looking around for him quite a bit. It adds to the sadness

Will you be getting them another friend?

#64 4 years ago

yes, we most certainly will. not sure when we will. the kids are still tore up, hell im still pretty tore up. we all are. not that it was all about money, but i spent over 500+ dollars trying to keep him alive in the last hours, just so all of our family could come see him one last time.

#65 4 years ago

I just sold a Fish Tales today for 3k and i would honeslty with zero doubt give all that away if he was still here for a while longer. My entire family is shook up. hell even family friends came and visited and cried, he was the best boy of all time, and hes been part of our family and business so long. The pic i took of him in front of the fan, was him cooling off at one of our fireworks locations. I can tell its gonna be another long night. i didnt fall asleep until about 430 am last night and was awake at 7, then of course lost another hour to savings time.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beaumistim:

I just sold a Fish Tales today for 3k

You would do anything for them. You don’t care about the costs when it’s the right thing to do. That Fish Tales would have put a big dent in what we spent trying to save or little man Buster. He was only with us three years. He had a congenital blood shunt in his liver. We paid for the surgery, but he had a stroke and we lost him. He was in so much pain at the end, I sat holding him, as he cried out in my arms, and I didn’t want to let him go, but I just sat there, blubbering with my wife as she helped me make the right decision for Buster. Worst part for me, it happened on Thanksgiving day. Try and get some rest. It took me a long time to get over the pain of all our fury babies we have lost, most to old age, but unfortunately not all. Peace.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beaumistim:

I just sold a Fish Tales today for 3k and i would honeslty with zero doubt give all that away if he was still here for a while longer. My entire family is shook up. hell even family friends came and visited and cried, he was the best boy of all time, and hes been part of our family and business so long. The pic i took of him in front of the fan, was him cooling off at one of our fireworks locations. I can tell its gonna be another long night. i didnt fall asleep until about 430 am last night and was awake at 7, then of course lost another hour to savings time.

That fan picture is priceless. I’m sure glad my sister took hundreds of photos; they’re precious to me.
    I hate taking family photos but I could look at that dog all day long. Still miss him.
    They’re too good for us, that’s why they can’t stay long.

Quoted from Bublehead:

You would do anything for them. You don’t care about the costs when it’s the right thing to do. That Fish Tales would have put a big dent in what we spent trying to save or little man Buster. He was only with us three years. He had a congenital blood shunt in his liver. We paid for the surgery, but he had a stroke and we lost him. He was in so much pain at the end, I sat holding him, as he cried out in my arms, and I didn’t want to let him go, but I just sat there, blubbering with my wife as she helped me make the right decision for Buster. Worst part for me, it happened on Thanksgiving day. Try and get some rest. It took me a long time to get over the pain of all our fury babies we have lost, most to old age, but unfortunately not all. Peace.

I feel you there, we lost Hook starting on Thanksgiving, just a few hours after I took the picture with the bone. He was always such a happy dog and never let on when he was hurt. He was just glad to see people, everyone made him happy.

Holidays are the worst times you could lose someone.

#68 4 years ago

So sorry for your loss OP. Losing a pet is one of the worst things that we can ever go through in life.

#69 4 years ago

liked to killed me when I lost mine 2 yrs ago. To this day i'll tear up when talking about him. Rip pup!

#70 4 years ago

It’s the worst feeling in the world losing our furry friends that we’ve raised or adopted .. they’ll always be our furry family members always bringing smiles to everyone...never growing up and always needing us . So sorry for your lose . Tears .

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beaumistim:

yes, we most certainly will. not sure when we will. the kids are still tore up, hell im still pretty tore up. we all are. not that it was all about money, but i spent over 500+ dollars trying to keep him alive in the last hours, just so all of our family could come see him one last time.

$500? I think I spent that for an X-ray. It was over $20K for me but didn’t blink an eye to try and save my girl. The money doesn’t mean jack when your family is in trouble. The money can always be replaced, a best friend and loved one can’t. You made the right call

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

$500? I think I spent that for an X-ray. It was over $20K for me but didn’t blink an eye to try and save my girl. The money doesn’t mean jack when your family is in trouble. The money can always be replaced, a best friend and loved one can’t. You made the right call

Right on with that .

#73 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss. I know I'm going to be a wreck when my girls pass on.

#74 4 years ago

Sorry to hear that man, I had to put my dog down just before Thanksgiving (she was 14 years old, and I knew it was coming). If you decide to get a new dog, make sure you don't jump into getting one too soon (make sure that you would be able to give the new dog all the love and attention they need).

#75 4 years ago

Sorry to hear about your pup. Dogs are what people try to aspire to be, but people seldom ever hit that mark. It is tough for sure, my avatar is my first girl boxer Ellie, lost her at 12 1/2 in 2013. I think about her all the time. Even though she is gone I can't imagine not ever having her in my life and the wonderful memories and joy she brought to the family and friends. Thinking about her makes me smile. Hope your good times and memories with Casper will do the same for you.

#76 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss
    Hang in there!
    Its been a couple of years but still get emotional thinking of my dog.

Its like loosing your best friend/furry child.

#77 4 years ago

Well I went to work today. So today is the very first day in the last 13 years my wife has been home without Casper. The kids have school. So I call her to check on her, see how she's doing. The answer is...... Not good. Not good at all

FB_IMG_1583636949421 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1583636949421 (resized).jpg
    #78 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beaumistim:

Well I went to work today. So today is the very first day in the last 13 years my wife has been home without Casper. The kids have school. So I call her to check on her, see how she's doing. The answer is...... Not good. Not good at all[quoted image]

Things wont get any better anytime soon either unfortunately.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beaumistim:

Well I went to work today. So today is the very first day in the last 13 years my wife has been home without Casper. The kids have school. So I call her to check on her, see how she's doing. The answer is...... Not good. Not good at all[quoted image]

Might be a good day to send or bring home your wife some roses. And hugs sometimes help a little bit

#80 4 years ago

One last pic of my good boy

Screenshot_20200309-123425 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200309-123425 (resized).png
    #81 4 years ago

Losing a furry member of the family is never easy. I am very sorry for you and your family's loss. Hope that the sorrow in your home does not last too long. Hang in there and take care.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beaumistim:

One last pic of my good boy[quoted image]

That's a great memory, even though I'm sure it's hard to look at right now.

#83 4 years ago

Sorry dude!!

Its gonna hurt, but you knew that going in.

I got all emotional when I put my cat down, and I don't even like cats all that much.

All dogs do dumb shit, what was one of Casper's top two?

GD

#84 4 years ago

So sorry for your great loss...our little friend has lived longer than we expected and I am not looking forward to this day. For us there will never be another, he is irreplaceable.

#85 4 years ago

When my boxer Max died 7 years ago, I thought I was going to handle it okay. The next day I was so grief-stricken, I couldn't even go to work. I spent the whole day crying like a baby. It's amazing how these furry little guys really worm into our hearts.

#86 4 years ago

Condolences man, I feel your pain. I'm tearing up just reading all these responses. I used to whisper to my cat Atticus that I knew that one day, he was going to break my heart. It's been almost six years since he's gone and it's still broken. The only thing that helps is time; it never gets better but it gets easier.

#87 4 years ago

I don't seem to have any pics of my gentleman on my phone, but it was tough when we lost him.

We currently have 3 dogs (all younger).

#88 4 years ago

you know I go well throughout the day, and i think of things he would do, or his weird way of running, where his legs were kinda stiff and he would "tee-ter totter" for lack of a better word. thats how he ran when he was older. What literally gets me every time so far is driving home. when im on my way home, and i know hes not gonna be there , ive seen him almost every day for 13 years or so. Every day he blocks the damn gate, every day he barks at me like a maniac cause im a mailman, and only stops once he absolutely sees that its me. so on the way home, the closer i get to home, i just get and overwhelming feeling of grief knowing hes not gonna be here. then i tear up, that makes my wife tear up, then its a damn domino affect, i can tell everyone is feeling it, cause about a mile from the house, every car ride goes dead silent, no singing along to the radio, no chatter, hell not even the sound of kids fighting in the back. so i know everyone is feeling it.

#89 4 years ago

It’s amazing how much energy is missing in your home when they are gone. I’m sitting her with most of the lights off and every noise the house makes I think I might be her. Very tough man. I’m watching some of the guys stream pinball right now, about the only thing that keeps things moving. You’ll have to find yours.

#90 4 years ago

Don't let the love you had for Casper go to waste.
    Foster another or go and play with a friends dog.
    You WILL feel better and really appreciate the time you had.
    much love sent fellow dog lover.
    here is a pic of my Mums dog to make you smile, half a jaw and a much loved foster.

86F9331B-50C7-4DEB-A758-4CB77628D400 (resized).jpeg86F9331B-50C7-4DEB-A758-4CB77628D400 (resized).jpeg
    #91 4 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss

#92 4 years ago

I'm very sorry for your loss. I have three dogs currently and had one pass away at 3 yrs old and another I had to put down due to diabeties at 6 yrs old. Probably the two hardest days of my life. Most people don't think losing a pet is like losing a person but I disagree. My dogs are my family, but you have to accept dogs, especially big dogs don't live long and if you get 10 years out of them that's a good run. I try to give them the best life and as much love as I can, so when they do pass I know they had a good life.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

Most people don't think losing a pet is like losing a person but I disagree. My dogs are my family

I lost my dad at the end of last year and last weekend my cat. Sorry dad (I know he’d laugh) but losing my girl might have hurt a little more

#94 4 years ago

Here are my 3:

20200226_124121 (resized).jpg20200226_124121 (resized).jpgIMG-20180912-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20180912-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20190404-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20190404-WA0002 (resized).jpg
    #95 4 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

[quoted image]

That one got me.

#96 4 years ago

Yep....dogs are the best. Sounds like a life well lived. I've said it before on here...everyone of our dogs won the lottery the day we brought them home. We give them love, we give them a great life. It's obvious how much you loved him. Thoughts and prayers are with you all. All the best to help you through this difficult time.

#98 4 years ago

Our golden retriever Boo is without a doubt the best dog we have ever had. I am dreading the day we lose him. Dogs are truly a mans best friend and more times then not better than most people. Sorry for your loss!

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Our golden retriever Boo is without a doubt the best dog we have ever had. I am dreading the day we lose him. Dogs are truly a mans best friend and more times then not better than most people. Sorry for your loss!

How old is he?

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

How old is he?

He’s 9 yrs old so we still have lots of time with him hopefully.

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-sleep-my-dog-passed-today-pretty-upset/page/2?hl=mbgibbs13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.