(Topic ID: 55934)

Can't remember the name of this machine...

By CaptainSchmideo

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BKHB_007.jpg
    Hyperball_arcade_poster_002.jpg
    HB_booklet_002.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I think it was by Williams. It was not a pinball machine in the strict sense of the word, but what you did was fire multiple balls at targets in rapid fire succession for points. And when I say rapid fire, I mean dozens of balls in seconds. It was in the early to mid 80's, I believe.

Anybody else remember this one?

#2 10 years ago

Hyperball?

#3 10 years ago

Captain, I think you answered your own question... Rapid Fire by Bally 1982???

#4 10 years ago

Williams was Hyperball.

HB_booklet_002.jpgHB_booklet_002.jpg

#6 10 years ago

This guy had one for sale. Its down in the list a way.

http://www.topscoregamerooms.com/used_games.asp

#7 10 years ago

Did you play it a lot, was it fun? Seems ok for a game or two but looks like it would get boring fast

#8 10 years ago

there is a rapid fire floating around restored on ebay for 575 not a bad price. ebay.com link: 1982 RECONDITIONED BALLY RAPID FIRE FLIPPERLESS PINBALL MACHINE LOCATION READY

#9 10 years ago

Played one at Expo last year. It was a neat game, but even there I could tell it was loud.

#10 10 years ago

Here is one, not too far from you.

wichita.craigslist.org link

#11 10 years ago

I had one about 20 years ago. Did not like it. I parted it out for the boards. I guess I should have kept it in one piece but that just makes the next one more valuable.

#12 10 years ago

If you are looking for a Hyperball project, there is one in North Texas.
    http://elevationgames.net/closeout.htm

#13 10 years ago

So, half of the replies are talking about a Bally Rapid Fire, and the other half are talking about a Williams Hyperball. The op mentioned he thought it was a Williams, but he says "rapid fire" several times in his description. I guess it's safe to assume it's one of those two he was thinking of. It's kind of confusing when someone posts a reply that says, "I had that game..." but which game?

#14 10 years ago

Rapid Fire and Hyperball are so close, I'm surprised that Williams did not sue.

#15 10 years ago

^ agreed, I never really got that either. Same game!

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Rumor was Williams built Hyperball knowing Bally would copy it, and started their slide from the market with Williams buying them a few years later.

LTG : )

#17 10 years ago

Steve got ripped off on this idea, Hyperball is the better of the two.
    I have one I bought NIB in '06, has the original arcade poster, how to play booklet and manual.
    Steve signed the game and the poster.

Hyperball_arcade_poster_002.jpgHyperball_arcade_poster_002.jpg BKHB_007.jpgBKHB_007.jpg

#18 10 years ago

I have hyperball also but have never got it working 100%. I may just get rid of it even though its a fun game.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I have hyperball also but have never got it working 100%. I may just get rid of it even though its a fun game.

If you decide to do so please PM me. I thought it was a blast!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from kcpinchip:

If you decide to do so please PM me. I thought it was a blast!

Will do Chip, I see your collection is multiplying. I told you you couldnt buy just one lol

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Will do Chip, I see your collection is multiplying. I told you you couldnt buy just one lol

Yes, you did warn me... But Traci is being very supportive & we're both having a blast. Not to mention I've met alot of really cool people in the process. Thanks for the addiction!

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from kcpinchip:

Yes, you did warn me... But Traci is being very supportive & we're both having a blast. Not to mention I've met alot of really cool people in the process. Thanks for the addiction!

No problem glad I could help lol

#23 10 years ago

I hate to hijack a thread, I'm just getting into pinball... But I have a vague memory of playing a game as a kid in an arcade that had a red pop up "save" cylinder right between the flippers. I can't remember anything else about the game theme wise, but I clearly remember the red cylinder popping up between the flippers and thinking "That's way better, now the ball won't go down". Back then I was just whacking balls around.... But there can't be more then a handful of games with that feature.

Anyone have a guess or know where to look it up

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Anyone have a guess or know where to look it up

Lots of games have that. Champion Pub, Family Guy, etc. etc. Even some EM's had it years ago.

More than a handful had it. You'll need to narrow it down some.

LTG : )

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-remember-the-name-of-this-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.