Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ypurchn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture2 (resized).PNG
    Capture1 (resized).PNG
    image attachment code (resized).png
    insert image button (resized).png
    drag-drop-images.gif
    Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ypurchn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

When I rearrange pics in a for sale ad and click save - they aren’t showing up like that in the ad. They are showing up in random order that I would guess is the order that they were uploaded.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/69283

I’ve tried different browsers and different devices and no worky.
    --------------------------------
    Your browser/os information:
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 12_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1 (this will help us make sense of your bug report)

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

when you go to edit you can see the file name in the text you have to cut and paste the file names in the order you want them to appear in after wards if they don't load correctly. I just did this yesterday

my edit doesn't really have text. I have small pictures blocks that can be moved around but no actual text.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

When you take pictures at different times and on different days, the camera assigns a name to them, and someway somehow, it knows which pic was taken first and second and etc.
    I think pinside is loading them in numerical order by which pic was taken first.
    Rename your pictures from whatever they were assigned to the numerical order you want them displayed. Rename the first pic #1. Then the second pic #2. #1 will to sitting to the the left #2. #3 will be to the right of #2.

Tried that with a 6 picture test

labeled 1-6

they were displayed left to right as 2, 3, 1, 4, 5, 6,

I'm beginning to think it has to do with order of upload perhaps? Not necessarily numbers

I can rearrange the pics in my "edit your add" page, and then they don’t save that way. I've tried adding a pic or deleting 1 or changing text in the add to see if the code is looking for a bigger change before it actually updates and just doesn't refresh. Nothing works.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Ok, I'll try to elaborate on how it is designed to work.
    In the Marketplace, when creating (or editing) a classified ad you can:
    1- Upload some images
    2- Drag and drop images in the desired order
    3- Hit save and your images should display in your ad, exactly as you ordered them
    4- Not ordering images will result in images getting sorted by their filename.
    [quoted image]
    In the forum (regular forum posts, not marketplace ads), things are slightly more complicated, because images actually get inserted into the post text via an image attachment code, which looks like this:
    [quoted image]
    So for forum posts, it works like this:
    - Upload some images
    - Drag and drop images in the desired order (only possible for new posts or when editing posts that had no images before)
    - Hit "send post" and your images should be auto-inserted into your post in the order you specified. Note (by editing the post you just made) how the Pinside system has automatically inserted image attachment code(s) at the bottom of your post, in the order you specified by dragging, or by the default (filename sorted). You can move these codes around in your post text, as you wish.
    - Or, before hitting "send post", you can insert uploaded images into the post yourself, using the + button when mousing over an image. In that case the system will no longer auto-insert an attachment code for that image (since you already did that). Any images you do not insert into the post text yourself will automatically get added to your post in the specified sort order (or by the image filename).
    [quoted image]
    Only new posts (or posts that had no images before you edited them) can be re-ordered via drag and drop
    Once a post has images attached to it, you can no longer re-order via drag drop. Any new uploads to that post will have to be inserted manually in the order you desire (or the system will do it for you, based on filename).
    It's all fairly simple, but kind of hard to explain. I hope the above does the trick.

thank you for the detailed explanation

let me rephase my issue more directly now that I understand how this works

I can not get the drag and drop feature to work properly for editing a classified add

what I asked for:
    Capture1 (resized).PNGCapture1 (resized).PNG

what I got:
    Capture2 (resized).PNGCapture2 (resized).PNG

thanks for your help

#11 5 years ago

the pinside gnomes are at it again. I just got all 3 of my adds to put photos in the order I asked for.

Thanks gnomes!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ypurchn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-rearrange-pictures-in-for-sale-add?tu=ypurchn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.