Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by cscmtp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Premium ACDC, and I can't raise the playfield. Like it's caught on something. Anything common to check for?

#2 11 years ago

If it's like some of the Tron's, it may just be wedged in there tight. My Tron took a bit of pulling to get it the first time. Tranformers was not....

-Mike

#3 11 years ago

Try pulling the shooter rod before you lift. Either that or pull harder.

#4 11 years ago

I just feel like I'm pulling TOO hard, ya know.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from DrainO:

I just feel like I'm pulling TOO hard, ya know.

Add some lube before you chap that thing

#6 11 years ago

I had the exact same problem on mine. It was really hard to lift the playfield. It's a manufacturing design/quality control problem. Take the apron off and loosen the playfield brackets to get the playfield up. I then had to grind the heck out of both top corners on the playfield receiver bar (where the playfield brackets pass by). I was amazed at how much I had to grind off. This was after I enlarged the bolt holes in the brackets to give a little wiggle room (that didn't help). The way the bend in the playfield brackets align with the receiver bar, in my opinion, was poorly engineered. I was a little disappointed that I had to do all this on a brand new pin. Nonetheless, I still like Stern games and love AC/DC Premium! jwc

#7 11 years ago

If you do get it up, and it stays up for longer then 4 hours you need to think about calling for help.

#8 11 years ago

BE CAREFUL...I pulled so hard once the entire playfield came off of the track. That was scary and NOT fun.

I'm no expert but definitely not a novice with pins...just an FYI so you don't do it.

#9 11 years ago

I hope you are not pulling up by the apron sticking your hand in the out-hole like most bozos.

"STOP IT PEOPLE" I hate seeing aprons bent.

Open the coin door and push up from under.

#10 11 years ago

for an erection lasting more than 4 hours...call all your friends and brag about it.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I hope you are not pulling up by the apron sticking your hand in the out-hole like most bozos.
"STOP IT PEOPLE" I hate seeing aprons bent.
Open the coin door and push up from under.

That's what I ended up doing. GOT IT UP!

Also was able to raise the playfield

#12 11 years ago

My Xmen was the same way. The apron was wedged in against the lockdown assembly. I had to reach from inside, push on the support rails and then lift. Still took a heck of a lot of force.
To reduce this for the next time I took off the apron, loosened up the hooks at the edge of the playfield (where the apron bolts onto), pushed them as far forward as possible, and then put the apron back on. The playfield is still tight but I can get it out now without lifting the entire machine off the ground.

#13 11 years ago

My Wolverine is the same way. I found I had to pull up and over to the right to get it to come up. No matter how hard I pulled it wouldn't come up if I just went straight up with it. Thanks again Stern for the fantastic quality control. NOT.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

16,500 (Firm)
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-raise-my-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.