Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by genex
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image-5.jpg
    cigar-smoker.gif
    image-946.jpg
    image-739.jpg
    image-155.jpg
    image-968.jpg
    image-444.jpg
    image-426.jpg
    image-352.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-616.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So I know not everyone can be here in Chicago this week for the Pinball Expo. Everyone is eager for all kinds of new reveals, info and news. One of the highlights will be the Stern Star Trek launch party, where it has NOT been confirmed, but is widely expected we will add the first glimpse in real life of a LE or Premium model. Or both.

Whether that happens or not: I have good news.

I will be live streaming the party in HD from my ustream channel, which I will link here later. This way, everyone on pinside gets to see what I see, as I see it, at the same time.

We are all so excited, and I hope you are too.

And for those of you who ARE at expo, come find me! Red hair! Monster hat!

More to come.

-Jared Guynes

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Bakushan, do you know what the WiFi situation is at Expo? Oh and thanks for doing this!

No clue. Will use my own LTE.

#17 10 years ago

Lots of requests for live streaming... heh.

Lemme see what I can do.

I am going to go to Best Buy and pickup a battery extender for my iPhone... should give me another few hours of power for you guys.

I am staying here at the Westin but even so streaming in HD is a mega battery drain.

I also have my DSLR with me and will be doing photo coverage of the entire event, all products, releases and news. They will be posted here to pinside as time permits the same day/evening.

#24 10 years ago

Oh snap... Check out this ad from the expo program!!!??!?!image.jpgimage.jpg

#30 10 years ago

Smoking cigars with Jody, the marketing director of Stern. He's totally not telling me anything about upcoming titles. No, really. He's not. lol. image-616.jpgimage-616.jpg

#32 10 years ago

Live from the free play room.image-946.jpgimage-946.jpgimage-739.jpgimage-739.jpgimage-968.jpgimage-968.jpgimage-444.jpgimage-444.jpgimage-426.jpgimage-426.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-352.jpgimage-352.jpg

image-155.jpgimage-155.jpg
    #36 10 years ago
    Quoted from C2CPinball:

Love it! Great stuff. Episode 34 is using this thread tonight!
    http://www.coast2coastpinball.com

Much appreciated. And thanks for featuring my garage arcade party thread in your last one.

#43 10 years ago

We'll, seems as if the LE is already revealed on the Stern Tour...

Was not seen playing. Also no view of the laser projector.

Word is that it will not be making an appearance at the launch party.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Then WHAT'S under the blanket??

Something... else...

People are saying its a STERN ad... but I doubt it. Sterns next release will be in January, and it's not their style to show/reveal games in advance like that...

Heck, they dont even reveal their own game after its revealed. lol.

Who know's what it is. I think the Saturday thing is a clue. I kind of hope its a re-issue MM. LOL, I just want to see people flip out (and people get pissed for paying $12k+ for them).

#53 10 years ago

More sources tonight saying that MM and AFM remakes will be announced on Saturday for $9,999 each NIB...

We shall see...

#55 10 years ago

Big shout out to Coast 2 Coast Pinball Podcoast. Was featured in episode 34 (this thread).

http://www.coast2coastpinball.com/

Just for that, I will take extra special detailed coverage.

Today shall be a very exciting day for pinball.

Here is a link to my ustream channel. It wont be showing any video until I go live in the APP, but when I do I will leave a comment here.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

Just for you guys i WILL be covering the 11:15am presentation by Planetary Pinball.

#57 10 years ago

Yeah. 11:15am CST. Camera will be on.

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spybryon:

Thanks for broadcasting this! Will there be more live streaming today?

Yep.

Headed to pinball life now, and later will have the stern launch party. The LE is reported to not be coming tonight.

Anything major and I will do my best to get it.

#91 10 years ago

I will go into the hall a little early to see if I can get a sneak peek of predator for you guys.

Tune into the USTREAM channel around 5:45pm to see whats going on. Stern Party begins at 6pm I believe.

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from magnoliarichj:

are you live now ?

I will be live at 5:45pm.

First up will be predator preview, followed by Stern Launch Party.

Also, the Pinside GTG at 6:30pm.

I will be off and on all night as battery permits.

#98 10 years ago
    Quoted from magnoliarichj:

that marco guy is a horrible liar

Lol!!

I'll be back on live at 8pm!!!

#103 10 years ago

8pm CST. Currently at the pinside members dinner at twin peaks.

#108 10 years ago

Going live at stern in less than 5!!!

Waiting on my check!!!!!

Watch live! About to come back on!!

#114 10 years ago

Yeah wish it was more eventful. Will come on one more time for dirty Donny, and the king. Stay tuned.

#119 10 years ago

Next up: PREDATOR. 9:10pm CST.

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstym:

Very cool of you to do this. Do you have a Predator on order? Seems way more fun watching when you're walking around checking out the different tables. Nothing going on at the Predator booth... Unless they're just into showing everyone the animations.
    What's up with Spooky pinball? Did I miss that stuff?
    Thanks again.

If you want me to come online and walk around just ask. I will.

#123 10 years ago

Alright guys, so the the next big session is 3pm. STERN takes the stage for what seems to coincide with a cryptic message placed in a full page ad in the EXPO program flyer. We shall see.

I will go live on the channel for the entire announcement

#124 10 years ago

GOING LIVE NOW FOR STERN. Time in!!!!

#156 10 years ago

No new news was revealed. However I think Gary had some GREAT one liners that can be quoted for a very long time.

#158 10 years ago

LIVE: the LTG SHOW!!!!! tune in!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-make-it-to-expo-wanna-see-the-stern-launch-party?tu=jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.